Captain Green Hair

Dutch 18th century yacht

The stern is magnificent Captain, it looks so similar to the Utrecht's stern that it's scary.

I like the general look of the ship alot, and I'm sure it's going to look even better with the dark red stripe.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is to put a brown stripe through the black part in the hull and change the black swords on the side to brown one's.

My friends and I notice the black large fin-like structures on both starboard and port sides. What is their function? :pir-sweet:

Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, i am really curious about the black fin-like parts are, however, i don't know how to get the information.

If some one could answer me about the fin-like parts or indicate where i could gather the information, i thank you very much. :pir-wink:

Thank you for your attention. (sorry for my bad English)

Edited by CVSPIS_CELIDVS

Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, i am really curious about the black fin-like parts are, however, i don't know how to get the information.

If some one could answer me about the fin-like parts or indicate where i could gather the information, i thank you very much. :pir-wink:

Thank you for your attention. (sorry for my bad English)

A lot of small (dutch) vessels wich don't go to the large seas but stay in rivers and canals have these 'swords'. These ships lay very high in the water and they don't have a large keel. So to prevend them from capsizing, people placed these things at both sides of the ship. But that is not the only reason. The most imporant reason for swords is to make the ship more manouverable. For example, when you are in a boat and suddenly put an oar into the water at one side, the ship moves towards that side, is a sort of second helm (rudder?). Ofcourse in small rivers it's very useful if you can move to a certain side very quickly and in the big oceans that's not very important so you'll never see them on big ships.

So that's it actually, we call them swords, in England some ships had them too but i don't know how they call these things there. (sorry for my bad English:)

Thank you to tell us the story of the 'swords', Mr. YnyklY. :pir-sweet:

By the way, how to spell these 'swords' in Dutch? "slagzwaard" or "lemmet"?

A sword is translated as 'zwaard'

swords = zwaarden

Hopefully this might help. :pir-blush:

I think he has enough work on his Prins Willem first! Such a project takes months, maybe years...

I hope there will be updates on his Prins Willem soon. :pir-blush:

Stunning work man! :pir-oh3: i love how the ships look and i love the desing of this ship, its just perfects small and beatifull :pir-oh: , i hope at Lego will publish the ships like these in someday, i would buy one of my self immidedly :pir-sweet: once yet great work and great desing :pir_laugh2:

This ship sure looks lovely, the only thing I could think of which would improve this ship is the scale. It would look SO great in minifig size!

This is a great MOC. I have always loved this type of ship and have started doing a similar ship made here in New Netherlands in 1614. You did a great job replicating it in LEGO. I really like the detailing on the stern. Very well done. The best part though, in my opinion is the two dingies on the sides. I have never been able to figure out how to make them. You came up with a great way.

Excellent Job!

I lvoe this ship, it looked exactly like the picture and was superb in tis color scheme :pir-grin: keep up te good work Captain Green! :pir_laugh2:

In this period I'm in the mood of making some small ships, so I was searching for the seagull of yours, to try something similar to improve in my game... and I've found this. The first time I've seen her I was in my "only frigate" period, and I didn't spend much time looking her; but looking this today I must say she's amazing, an incredible lot of details in such little ship! I wonder if yachts this type may carry a couple guns (so I could make something similar) or not; or eventually if you know some kind of little ship to try (actually I really love the dutch style, much more if with crow's nest on the bowsprit)

Well seeing as its bumped and I haven't left a comment

This is a great model, your style really captures the look of the real vessel. the stern decorations are also excellent.