Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

Grandeur

This looks 100% better than it used to. Remember to add the rowboat grids :pir-wink:

I like the new design, especially the tumblehome! Also the classic colour scheme is fine. I’m looking forward to the finished project! :pir-sweet:

I think this is a massive improvement Zuloo! The tumblehome looks awesome and I see there is going to be an interior as well. :thumbup:

I hope this ship will turn out very nicely, and I'm curious to see the stern.

Good luck with the ship Captain Zuloo! :pir-sweet:

that's a very nice start, I like the "figurehead", looks very cool !

The first time I looked at the picture, I thought the seat cushion was some kind of sail! I was like, what the heck is he doing?!

Who's up for another Update?

Yet again she has been COMPLETELY rebuilt, this time with way more guns and a nicer colour scheme. She will soon be joining the Caribbean fleet under the Sang Royale and La Mort Royale. She has been updated a huge amount since these photos (I'm half way through rigging her) but I thought you guys might want to see a little about what is coming.

As the deck is now:

teaser1.jpg

Some of the first WIP shots of V3 of the Grandeur

bild4554.jpg

bild4556.jpg

Some images from the next WIP lot:

bild4561.jpg

bild4562.jpg

And some from the next stage:

bild4568.jpg

And now some photos from the last lot of WIPs:

bild4623-small.jpg

bild4629-small.jpg

The next update will most likely be the last: the complete ship. She's changed a little, and she looks brilliant (in my opinion anyway). What do you guys think? A bit of a departure from the first post eh?

The glass which is under the ship looks like real water with little waves. Ship looks cool.

Keep working, i think its gonna be awesome

I'm not a shipbuilder but this looks great so far! It doesn't even look like your first version, so many improvements. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Nice update Zuloo.

As comparison to the first shots you gave us this is some real nice work. The brown railing looks great offset against the blue and yellow.

Looking forward to seeing her finished.

I have to say I really like this ship. It looks really good. The red covers for the gunports agains the white looks really nice and I like the stern. Overall, you did a really nice job. :pir-classic:

Nice ship! Great shape and colourscheme.

The table on which it was standing looked a lot like a real sea, nice touch :pir-classic:

I don't see anything that should be improved, this will be a nice addition to the bluecoat fleet.

Good luck with the rest of the ship!

Nice work Zuloo. The color scheme is great. I especially like the blue and yellow on top finished off with brown tiles.

The glass which is under the ship looks like real water with little waves. Ship looks cool.

Keep working, i think its gonna be awesome

Thanks! That table is indeed a great table to photograph LEGO ships on. If only it was bigger and had a blue hint in it... :pir_laugh2:

I'm not a shipbuilder but this looks great so far! It doesn't even look like your first version, so many improvements. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Good, I'm glad it doesn't look like the first version. Definately a change for the better. :thumbup:

Nice update Zuloo.

As comparison to the first shots you gave us this is some real nice work. The brown railing looks great offset against the blue and yellow.

Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Thanks Skip! When I first put the railing on, I thought it looked a little odd, but I had paid for all these reddish brown tiles, so I had to use them! I'm glad I did as it turned out to grow on me, especially when I did the railing on the waist in reddish brown too.

I have to say I really like this ship. It looks really good. The red covers for the gunports agains the white looks really nice and I like the stern. Overall, you did a really nice job. :pir-classic:

Thanks, although I can't claim ownership of the colour scheme. Captain Green Hair used a similar colour scheme on his La Mort Royale and Admiral Bejaune modified it for his Sang Royale. I just stole it from Sang Royale and adapted it for a frigate. Although the stern is mine, and I'm really pleased with it. I deliberately didn't show you a very good photo of it as I want to keep it a bit of a surprise.

Nice ship! Great shape and colourscheme.

The table on which it was standing looked a lot like a real sea, nice touch :pir-classic:

I don't see anything that should be improved, this will be a nice addition to the bluecoat fleet.

Good luck with the rest of the ship!

Thanks Croissant! I'm hoping she'll be worthy of sailing beside Vesta.

Nice work Zuloo. The color scheme is great. I especially like the blue and yellow on top finished off with brown tiles.

Thanks! Again, it kinda was better in my head when I ordered the parts, but it's grown on me and now I really like the reddish brown. It gives it a smoother feel than having studs.

very nice , I love the cannons design, and I think the colour scheme is really cool !

On one of the last pics we can barely see the figurehead, can you post a better picture of it please, I want to see it ! ^^

Niceee! :jollyroger: i love the desing and the whole ship, The cannons are intresting ones, i`d like to wach them a bit closer and want to know how did ya build it. the class table really looks like a real sea. I love the whole thing,, great work Zuloo, keep it up :thumbup:

Excellent work Captain, she looks brilliant!

The table indeed looks great under it, might be an idea for my Prins Willim display. :pir-grin:

It's good to know she sails under the blue flag, let's show those reds what we can do!

:jollyroger:

I just had to say that looking at this ship and some of the others has really inspired me to build my own frigate. Great ship and good luck with the rest of the build. :pir-classic: