TheBrickHitHouse

Star Wars 2009: Great mini figs, weak sets?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Would that sum up 2009's Star Wars line up to date overall?

Great mini figs, weak sets

The Mon Calamari set - 6 new figures, is anyone buying it for the set itself?

The Endor Bunker - just how much would you pay for that set...without the mini figures?

The Hoth 'base' - is this nothing more than a battle pack anyway?

Sepratist shuttle - 'nuff said

I'm loving all the new figures - but if they were all for sale on bricklink, would you actually be buying many of the sets themselves?

Is this a new strategy for Lego - cutting costs with smaller sets and compensating with new figures?

Thoughts?

I agree, though I would still buy the sets because I'm trying to make a complete SW collection, but the sets are definitely losing size. I don't think they're losing quality though.

EDIT: Not so much for the Venator. The ship rocks there, but the minifigs are dirt. I still will buy it because the commandos look a little cool and I need a Chancellor style Palpatine.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I think that the sets and figures are great. I don't know whats so bad about the Mon Cal set, I think its great. I'd rather something like that rather than the whole ship.

I think that the sets and figures are great. I don't know whats so bad about the Mon Cal set, I think its great. I'd rather something like that rather than the whole ship.

I can agree with you there. It would be physically impossible to make that out of Lego considering the ship is a big long blob!

I'm still a little pissy that there is gonna be a mon cal set. I thought that they would atleast make the whole ship. If I really wanted new figs, I wouldv'e voted for The Arrest of Palpatine.

I'm still a little pissy that there is gonna be a mon cal set. I thought that they would atleast make the whole ship. If I really wanted new figs, I wouldv'e voted for The Arrest of Palpatine.

Same here. I voted for arrest of palpatine back then. I'd love to have more jedi minifigs, especially the non-human ones that would have came with arrest of palpatine.

The new minifigs are really great, but its gonna be really pricey to collect them all since alot of them come in large sets.

Would that sum up 2009's Star Wars line up to date overall?

Great mini figs, weak sets

The Mon Calamari set - 6 new figures, is anyone buying it for the set itself?

The Endor Bunker - just how much would you pay for that set...without the mini figures?

The Hoth 'base' - is this nothing more than a battle pack anyway?

Sepratist shuttle - 'nuff said

I'm loving all the new figures - but if they were all for sale on bricklink, would you actually be buying many of the sets themselves?

Is this a new strategy for Lego - cutting costs with smaller sets and compensating with new figures?

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure. Sure, some are a bit avererage, but on the hole i think it's great.

The Mon Calamari set - Great A-wing, and i'm happy enough with the base thing

The Endor Bunker - Sure, at this stage it's over priced, but the set is :wub: . Ignoring price, i love every bit!

The Hoth 'base' - Well, it is basicly a battle pack, so who cares about the other stuff :tongue:

Sepratist shuttle - I didn't think it was to bad? :sceptic:

Overall i'm loving all these great Figs + sets. :cry_happy:

It could still be discussed in there, there is no need for a 2nd thread.

Well, I agree with you only to a certain extent that this topic should be moved. It is about 2009 products but is asking for point of view... :sadnew: Nah! Just move it :classic:

Back to discussion...

I agree that the minifigs have been very good but lately the sets have been increasing in price but decreasing in size. But the quality is still the same. :sweet:

I agree, though I would still buy the sets because I'm trying to make a complete SW collection, but the sets are definitely losing size. I don't think they're losing quality though.

EDIT: Not so much for the Venator. The ship rocks there, but the minifigs are dirt. I still will buy it because the commandos look a little cool and I need a Chancellor style Palpatine.

I agree with you and I think they should add a admiral. But I don't think that's going to happen

Well I, for the most part, think that the sets are well designed but they're getting more expensive. Nearly every one of the new 2009 sets is overpriced. But I really don't think TLC is sacrificing set quality for new minifigures.

I'm also underwhelmed with the 2009 SW sets I've seen so far (either on sale already or planned for the Summer) - only the Venator is a 'must buy' for me at this stage.

I agree that the situation is not so bad for those interested in minifigs, but since I don't care about those the sets leave me cold.

A new UCS set would certainly cheer me up.....

Dr. D.

I'll agree that TLG seems to be moving more towards the minifig, and that's just how I want it. If I need a Hoth base or some nice Endor trees, I'll build them out of the massive amount of available basic bricks in the world. If I need Admiral Ackbar or a Taun Taun, it's a little harder. I will agree that repetitive ships get tiresome, but I love the dark green A-wing, so I'm not complaining.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry446100

Reported, we dont need a dozen threads on the same thing.

This isn't really 'report' material. A report should indicate offensive or dangerous material, interpersonal disputes, things that are completely inappropriate and need immediate attention. This isn't any of that, though it could have become a dispute if anyone had overreacted.

Speaking of which, what we don't need a dozen of are unofficial moderators trying to tell people how to behave and what to post. The staff does a great job of dealing with such issues, if they even need dealing with, leave it to them.

Point made?

Agreed. Let the mods do their job, otherwise we may as well let this site go to the dogs. Hypothetically speaking of course.

P.S. For absolutely NO reason I've become more interested in the running of this site, like text speak and unofficial mod'ing. Wow. 15 years old and I'm intrested in that kinda stuff.... I need therapy. Fast.

:tongue:

Fine, it just seems a waste, i guess i'm just used to bigger site which cant afford to have unnesseccary threads.

Personally, i don't think any of them are weak.

Agreed. Let the mods do their job, otherwise we may as well let this site go to the dogs. Hypothetically speaking of course.

P.S. For absolutely NO reason I've become more interested in the running of this site, like text speak and unofficial mod'ing. Wow. 15 years old and I'm intrested in that kinda stuff.... I need therapy. Fast.

Oh and bye bye, not smart to join an adult site and admit your not 18.

Edited by DarthSion

Yup, you need help fast :laugh:

Everyone seems fine with it. I even got it mentioned in the Happy Birthday thread on Tuesday. So, erm, yeah. And whatever you said about me being smart or whatever, is VERY immature of you. Seriously man, get your act together. Anyway, I'm not gonna get involved in a full-blown argument, because I'm better than that.

:sceptic:

Oh and bye bye, not smart to join an adult site and admit your not 18.

Leave the decisions on who's staying and who's not up to us please.

There's plenty of under 18 members who's acting maturely and they're only being observed.

We've got members older than 18 acting like they were 12 and they're going down the drains and into the sewer.

This is a fine topic by the way.

Discussing the 2009 minifigs deserves a topic of it's own.

Good to see/read that the discussions, not belonging in the 2009 rumor topic, being taken somewhere else.

Everyone seems fine with it. I even got it mentioned in the Happy Birthday thread on Tuesday. So, erm, yeah. And whatever you said about me being smart or whatever, is VERY immature of you. Seriously man, get your act together. Anyway, I'm not gonna get involved in a full-blown argument, because I'm better than that.

:sceptic:

I think you should go "take a break"

No no, I'm fine :classic:

Just slightly p'd off because people underestimate me because I'm young. Ah well, probably just the ol' hormones a-goin'.

God, that was SO hillbilly.

ON TOPIC...

Good thread, very good question. Doesn't need to be moved or whatever. IMHO I would say that some of the sets are actually better than the figs in it. Like the new AAT. That Yoda gives me shivers. And he has play-doh hair.

Great thread. :thumbup:

Shame to see its going down the drain like this, but I think everybody should take a good look at themselves before judging others. :angry:

I'm not so sure. Sure, some are a bit avererage, but on the hole i think it's great.

Overall i'm loving all these great Figs + sets. :cry_happy:

Partially agree, I think the upcoming sets arent that average. Although TLC seems to be focusing on figures with sets instead of sets with figures, they havent messed things up. I'm loving the sets: they're well designed and an improvement to the older sets.

The new minifigs are really great, but its gonna be really pricey to collect them all since alot of them come in large sets.

TLC could always make new magnet sets of them... :wink:

I disagree.

I wouldn't have gotten the Mon Calamari set, if it had been a real ship. It probably would have just included Ackbar and a pilot. Now, with this upcoming playset kinda thing, I can get a different color

A Wing, and not just the red one that I have.

Although i'm most likely not purchasing the Endor set, I would have gotten it for the bunker and the AT ST, because my AT ST, looks nothing like when it did in 2007.

The Hoth set, I agree with, but that is the only reason people get battlepacks, for the minifigures and for the cool looking vehicles. Plus, theres a Taun Taun!

The Seperatist Shuttle..well yeah, I'm getting that for the minifigures, but only because my Nute Gunray looks like he's a Troll King.

The Venator, comes with 5 minifigures, 2 of which you can get somewhere else.

I agree with you on some points, but on others not so much.

I am unfortunately forced to partially agree. The Home One sets is an example of this; we have a actually pretty nice A-Wing, six figures we probably all want, and a... thing. Okay, it looks kind of interesting, but it could be better; why not pull an X-Wing 6212 and stick six figures and the A-Wing into an actually pretty small set? Lots more would go that way, and LEGO makes more money then, so everyone's happy. Not yet having seen clearer pictures of any of the sets, though, my final opinion is still reserved; once we all see a few more shots of them, maybe they'll look great. However, LEGO releasing four OT sets is good enough for me. Perhaps they're trying a new technique, releasing a larger volume of smaller sets, instead of releasing a few larger ones.