Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

Summer Agents 2009!

Edit by Hinckley: Everyone please familiarize yourself with our site guidelines. I will unlock this topic shortly for discussion, but anyone posting pics marked "confidential" will have their account suspended.

Found some pics on flickr from the 2009 Toy Fair (why this guy didn't photograph the actual sets is beyond me. :sceptic:)

agents_001.jpg

agents_002.jpg

agents_003.jpg

More of Joel Johnson's photostream

And from figures.com:

agents_004.jpg

agents_005.jpg

agents_006.jpg

agents_007.jpg

agents_008.jpg

agents_009.jpg

agents_010.jpg

agents_011.jpg

agents_012.jpg

Amazing find! Oh, those sets looks lovely! The agents copter, the new weird armor, the castle sets, all of those aliens in Space Police, no squidward head in squidman escape (told you all,) antoher creator re-release :hmpf_bad: , the insane Mech suit for Dr. Inferno, the green Inferno, but what I'm really looking at is the Venator interior!

It looks huge in there! We only see part, and it can already cram in about 7 minifigs. But that's only one part! Think about what's inside the wings and underneath the other hatch!

Thank you!

I have to admit that the Ariel Defense Unit and Robo Attack look amazing to me. This is really starting to remind of Alpha Team!

Whoa!

All these new pics from all themes...

Really love that golden baby T-rex, and - ooo, a lime green Dr. Inferno hair!! Cany wait for these sets to come out!!

EDIT: These pics will probably be removed soon, so people, I wanna give you a word of advice; copy&save is your friend. :wink:

Edited by Dennimator

If you look into the cockpit of the helicopter, theres what I think is a new Agent, but i'm unsure.

Anyway, these look great!

I was hoping more planes like in the Gold Hunt. Oh well they still look awesome

The vests [bullet proof?] Look cool :classic:

This is really starting to remind of Alpha Team!

In a good way im sure.... :tongue:

I like the robo attack, Comes with 3 civilians who turn into zombies or something :thumbup:

And 4 wheelin' pursuit.

Red Spalko hair?? Brown Trace hair?? A gear function in the hoverboat?? Bleeding-from-the-eyes face?

WHAT THE FRAK LEGO MAKIN' ME WANT TO GET A SUMMER JOB. Tsk tsk.

That helicopter is STINKING FREAKING BAD megablocks!!!!!!!!!!

Whooooooo! Oh god I love those. Main bad guy is toxified in one?

Oh god, even Goldmembers cool little bike looks awesome!

Thanks for the find, Algernon!

To be honest Agents isn't doing too much for me. The vehicles look like a step backward. I know these are prelims, but they look fairly advanced - and where's all the lovely metallic silver gone?

Inferno's mech is the best to me but even that doesn't look like it would have gone astray in the Exo-Force line. The civilians are excellent though! Mayhem! Murder! Destruction! About time!

SPIII on the other hand.... :wub:

I'm trying to figure out how the rotors work on the helicopter. Are they tilted into a different position right now or do they really just stay that way? Also is there some mechanism that turns both rotors at once?

Wow. Those all look great. I am glad they kept this line, and didn't get rid of it. My observations/opinions-

1) I guess that whoever said that about the civilian minifigs was right. They really look nice with their nifty new torsos and zombification. Where is Trace? I see a new female agent in the helicopter, but no Trace. Maybe its just her with a haircut.

2) Oh wait! She retired from the agent business to a quiet life. That is until Dr. Inferno got all up in his new pimpin' mech and went and scooped her up! :laugh:

3) The Irina Spalko hairpiece looks wierd in red. :tongue:

4) All of these are in an urban setting, instead of remote locations.

Thanks for the pics.

Edited by darthperson

EDIT: These pics will probably be removed soon, so people, I wanna give you a word of advice; copy&save is your friend. :wink:

I could have sworn someone told you exactly that :tongue:

I do like that Ferrari truck :thumbup:

Edited by Buttons

Yay! Sad I see no trace. I hat the irina hairpiece, so I don't like the new female agent. :thumbdown:

But it looks like we have a gothic villian!(with breakjaw)

You don't know how long I have been waiting for one. That sells the set to me right there.

For a while now I've been wanting Lego to do a B-movie style robot - (like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) and just last week I was just watching Mars Attacks and though that I would just love it if Lego released a set just like the Mech suit used by the martians.

I guess someone was watching Mars Attacks too because Dr Inferno's robo-suit is just the kind of thing I wanted.

This has moved to the top of my lists of must-haves. :grin:

Hmm ... maybe Lego are monitoring my brainwaves :oh:

I'm so excited about this set I have to say more. Another thing I really wanted Lego to make was a bus.

'Why a bus?' do you ask? For giant mechs to smash up of course (something like when the mech in Mars Attacks smashs up the trailers in the trailer park). I would have prefered one in white and green but yellow will do. With the civilians in Robo attack, City Corner and the Camper Van there is a lot of mayhem fun to be had.

Now lets see what other ideas I can beam into Lego's head... Is that a barbeque I smell?

I really must get to bed - Goodnight

Edited by Righteous Squid

Oh, my goodness, and oh my goodness. There are some amazing sets coming out. I like some of the new Agents sets (glad they are still around), really nice Power Miner sets (couldn't wait to see what was coming next, especially the crystal king), and some GREAT city sets (I am a little bummed about the red car though. It looks like the same car that come on the flatbed of the Cargo Train Deluxe 7898).

I am jonesing for the new Agents sets. It is great to see that we will get some bystanders in the Robo Attack, and some new bad guys, including headless robots. Woo Hoo! Not to mention the Ariel Defense Unit with that awesome double blade copter like the Kman K-Max that is used in logging forests.

Is that new hair I see on the lady in the camper set?

Can't Wait!

These are looking pretty great! :wub: I'm glad we're seeing a mix of new characters and modified old ones. The agents with new armor looks great, and the guy with the big jaw seems a little worse for the wear. :laugh:

Yeah, saw this over at brickset, looks like a great collection of sets. The Castle and Space Police lines look especially well done, and I'm sure they will be a hit. And, those SP figs look like they would be worth a lot of $ on bricklink :grin:

~AK-47

Wow most of these sets look amazing! I'm loving the Venator, City corner and the space police figs. Did anyone notice the storm trooper torso on the clone in The venator? And also the new girl hairpiece in the camper?

I HATE the bus from the shop corner set - couldn't they have done the doors better!?

Overall though, not a bad looking set of releases coming our way, especially the Mars Attack-like robot! :wub:

M.

I HATE the bus from the shop corner set - couldn't they have done the doors better!?

Really? I thaught the bus was the best part...

I really wonder what the seating arrangements will be like in the bus and the interior of the venator

Edited by Mocha

Everyone please familiarize yourself with our site guidelines. I will unlock this topic shortly for discussion, but anyone posting pics marked "confidential" will have their account suspended.