On a scale of 1 to 5  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Snape's Class belongs to the Harry Potter theme. And it doesn't include him! Wow. It was released back in 2001. I got it a couple of weeks ago together with some other Harry Potter sets in new condition. Do I like it? Yes!

img_0637.jpg

Snape's Class is situated in the undergrounds of Hogwarts. It contains about 163 parts including three figures. The set costs about 20 dollar, I got one for 15 euro, in new condition.

Snape teaches the magical gifted children how to make special potions and such things. In the series of LEGO Harry Potter Snape has a glow in the dark head, which is nice, but not so compitable with other heads. The newer Snape head is nicer, but this one is also acceptable. His torso and legs have a nice, purple print. The set also includes Ronald Weasly and Peeves. Peeves you say? He's a ghost who likes to make you jokes and tricks with you. I like the fact that he is included in this set. Peeves has a great print on his head (useful for zombies) and also a nice torso.

img_0615.jpg

Let's move on to the set itself. The building is pretty nice, following the standard procedure to go with other Harry Potter buildings (if you stack them, you can make one big Hogwarts). The building has two parts: the classroom and the part where a black cauldron is warming up a potion

img_0616.jpg

img_0618.jpg

The classroom has a little table that can be opened up to find a spare key and a frog. Some bottles are spreaded around. There's also a door with a <insert that tiresome argument> wall, but the wall isn't that bad. There's also a brown panel with printed shelves and potions. You can put the panel down to find Peeves hiding himself. Ron's pet rat has also joined the room.

img_0619.jpg

img_0626.jpg

img_0624.jpg

In the second part you can shove a piece away so the cauldron falls of and a magical text comes to display.

img_0620.jpg

img_0621.jpg

img_0636.jpg

The special parts of this set are: the unique minifigure of Peeves, the yellow ladle, the cauldron and the red potionbook.

img_0642.jpg

I like this set (then again, I like every Harry Potter set), it has nice and unique parts, and very useful parts. Like in most Harry Potter sets the minifigures and the nicest part of the set, although for me they are. 4705 Snape's Class has also cool accesoires. I recommend this set to every LEGO Harry Potter fan, if you're a Castle fan you'd like it also.

Edited by WhiteFang
Poll added.

Nice Review! I got this set myself back in 2006. It was the only copy at the store ( must have been sitting in their storage room for about 5 years!). I love the ghost fig.

Another fine Harry Potter review. This is very useful for us to have another good perspective of these past Harry Potter sets. The nice thing about this set seemed to be its unique accessories, printed parts and the building structure. In the past, I never knew these sets could actually be stacked together to form a bigger castle. Thanks for taking your time to do this. By the way, I have added a poll for you too. :classic:

A very good review. I was always kind of meh on this set, it was one of the few of the 2001 harry potter line I never got. Strange they didn't include Harry, is in almost every other set.

Strange they didn't include Harry, is in almost every other set.

It's not strange at all, in my opinion. It's a good thing they didn't put Harry in all of the sets, and this is not the only HP set that didn't include Harry. The Hagrid's Hut had Hermione instead, and the Quality Quidditch Supplies had Draco Malfoy. Then there were those small sets with the cardboard backgrounds, of which only one had Harry while the other two had Ron and Hermione.

This set was among those I got during my "Harry Potter craze" last autumn, and the amount of accessories included was astounding. The adorable ickle frog included here was my first. :wub: Now I've got several more of those cuties, though.

Nice. I never got this set but I rather wish I had. Tons of rare parts!

I'd love to see you do some reviews of the more acclaimed HP sets. IMO, Harry Potter got much better as it went on.

Thanks for the comments.

I'd love to see you do some reviews of the more acclaimed HP sets. IMO, Harry Potter got much better as it went on.

And which sets do you mean? :classic:

Thanks for the review. I got the peeves torso in a mixed lot a while back, but I didn't know what it was until I saw this review. I also got the brick with the potion shelf printing, and now I know where that piece comes from also. Looks like a nice set. As with many of the HP sets, the walls are a bit skeletal, but they compensate with lots of great accessories.

The Sirius Black's Escape set I don't own, unfortunatly, but I do own the boat and the graveyard, and they aren't broken down at the time. So you may await those set reviews this week, and I'm planning to order the Hogwarts Castle from the fifth movie soon, like tomorrow if it works out. :classic: