Sign in to follow this  
Bundalings

Pretty misprints and exclusive recolors won @ BBC #51

Copied from BZP, but I figured you kids would be interested too.

I got a wonderful package today... full of magic science and sparkles.

Okay, maybe not science. But sparkles are abundant.

Group shot. Read down for more pics and descriptions of these oddities. (Click for big pics.)

dscn9429.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here we have a silver adaptive Kaukau and Pakari. Very pretty indeed. This is in case I thought Gali Mistika didn't have enough silver... hehe.png

dscn9422.jpg_thumb.jpg

Keetorange Carapar chest and black Hau. I think the Carapar chest's colors are inverted as opposed to Malum's. The Hau is plain old black, and I can't see anything misprint-ee about it. Oh well, it's nice to have another, non-scratched, black Hau. =D

dscn9423.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gold/trans black Strakk helmet. This is a very pretty piece... at first I thought it was like Carapar's armor, but then I looked closer and saw the yellow was shinier and certainly gold. I have no clue why this piece would ever be printed in the color...

dscn9426.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gold/trans black Krika hind blades. Pretty. One of them had some of the pointy triangles bent up in shipping... ah well.

dscn9427.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lime/trans Mahri tubes. Judging by the colors they are definitely prototypes. =D

dscn9428.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some other very, very pretty parts... take a gander at these beautiful zamor.

dscn9424.jpg_thumb.jpg

The one has dark blue and purple patterns in it. The other has greenish blue patterns that are much more pervasive than the former's. Both are very pretty and shiny. The have black bases, FYI.

dscn9425.jpg_thumb.jpg

And I saved the best for last... this is a very bizarre piece, the only one who's actual shape is diferent from the final mold. A completely trans Bohrok headplate.

dscn9420.jpg_thumb.jpg

Why is this bizarre, do you ask? Well, it has a strange bubble toward the back that acts as a magnifying glass, presumably to showcase the Krana within. Nifty. Also notable is that the topmost of the two pin holes on the fore portion of the plate is filled in. Strange, no? This piece seems very prototype-ee so it must be quite old. It's pretty too.

dscn9421.jpg_thumb.jpg

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So yay! thank you BBC staff, and Binky, and the people that allowed Binky to mooch the parts off them. XD

And the people that voted for me in the contest, of course. :)

~Bunda

MAN that magnifying glass Bohrok plate is awesome.

I'm not so much into 2-toned swirly pieces (annoying when mocing)... but that one piece blows them away.

The Hau is curious. Probably some odd thing like a molding nib in a different place.

I'd sure like to see some sets with trans neon green tubes. I'd buy them in massive quantities.

If you have a UV fluorescent blacklight (well, any light) see if they have glow in the dark in them too.

Metallic purple Zamor... holy hell YES.

Good for you for winning these. I don't think the other recipient of these cool items (trans Hau Nuva, trans Skrall blades, etc etc) deserved them though. I mean come on... 2 (more?) mocs connected by next to nothing, but counting as "1"?

Shameful it was done then shameful it was allowed.

Congrats Bunda, and I suppose you're not going to sell them for any price are you?

That Black hau is baffling, but I'm sure that there is something super awesome that makes it worth being in your package, because Bink doesn't get into a LEGO vault just to pull out common pieces. Try comparing it with a normal Black Hau in the light, and if all else fails, ask Bink what that mask is all about.

Please demonstrate that magnikrana head.

Please don't demonstrate the silver Kaukau on Gali. Gali has enough silver.

Please demonstrate the Pakari though, I think that would look awesome.

Despite the Strakk head looking digusting in that colour, you are required to make a set-like Glatorian MOC using that mask and the Krika blades as a crossbow.

Those Zamor are win. Does the green one have traces of transparency, or is that my wishful thinking?

Finally, congrats again Bunda, you deserve it. :thumbup:

I'd sure like to see some sets with trans neon green tubes. I'd buy them in massive quantities.

If you have a UV fluorescent blacklight (well, any light) see if they have glow in the dark in them too.

I think I didn't say it clearly, but the tubes are two-toned lime and trans. Not lime trans. I don't think that'd glow in a blacklight, and I don't have one regardless.

Congrats Bunda, and I suppose you're not going to sell them for any price are you?

That Black hau is baffling, but I'm sure that there is something super awesome that makes it worth being in your package, because Bink doesn't get into a LEGO vault just to pull out common pieces. Try comparing it with a normal Black Hau in the light, and if all else fails, ask Bink what that mask is all about.

Please demonstrate that magnikrana head.

Please don't demonstrate the silver Kaukau on Gali. Gali has enough silver.

Please demonstrate the Pakari though, I think that would look awesome.

Despite the Strakk head looking digusting in that colour, you are required to make a set-like Glatorian MOC using that mask and the Krika blades as a crossbow.

Those Zamor are win. Does the green one have traces of transparency, or is that my wishful thinking?

1) Never.

2) Good idea. Though I saw a red Hau in What?'s haul... so maybe they're just "rare" bricks, 'cause they're out of print.

3) Done. The lid doesn't close though, due to the bulbous lens bumping up against the Krana... and the magnifying lens doesn't really work on the Krana... it only covers the upper half, and it's too close.

4) Done. hehe.png

5) See above.

6) Perhaps.

7) I think it's your wishful thinking.

~Bunda

1) Never.

2) Good idea. Though I saw a red Hau in What?'s haul... so maybe they're just "rare" bricks, 'cause they're out of print.

3) Done. The lid doesn't close though, due to the bulbous lens bumping up against the Krana... and the magnifying lens doesn't really work on the Krana... it only covers the upper half, and it's too close.

4) Done. hehe.png

5) See above.

6) Perhaps.

7) I think it's your wishful thinking.

~Bunda

3) That is epic. It's such a shame that they didn't try to work around that space issue whilst keeping the magnifying function. It would've been sooo cool.

4 and 5) Bad Bunda. :angry: Now I'm gonna have to crop that image before I can save it to my computer. Although, the Pakari is kinda meh though.

7) :cry_sad:

I just realised. Remember that German documentary that somebody found on BZP a while back that showed a lot of Mistika prototypes? In it, there was a Silver Kaukau that was made from a Maxilos Mask and some other cut up pieces. Now that we know that masks like that actually went to the stage where they made a good copy, that gives us hope that there are other awesome masks in that vault that Bink raided doesn't it? :sweet: Also, I'm pretty sure that there would be some Metruan mask prototypes, Dume mask prototype and Jaller Mahri mask prototypes existing as well, seeing as they're mix-colours...

Great job, and congratulations! I especially like the zamors and Bohrok headplate.

MAN that magnifying glass Bohrok plate is awesome.

I'm not so much into 2-toned swirly pieces (annoying when mocing)... but that one piece blows them away.

The Hau is curious. Probably some odd thing like a molding nib in a different place.

Metallic purple Zamor... holy hell YES.

Good for you for winning these. I don't think the other recipient of these cool items (trans Hau Nuva, trans Skrall blades, etc etc) deserved them though. I mean come on... 2 (more?) mocs connected by next to nothing, but counting as "1"?

Shameful it was done then shameful it was allowed.

Are there pics (of prizes and MOCs)?

Edited by Icesaber

Bink confirmed it to be just a regular Black Hau.

-Omi

Bink confirmed it to be just a regular Black Hau.

-Omi

Disappointing... :sad: Ah well Bunda, at least you've still got those other priceless pieces. :laugh:

The parts here are, as described on BZP, test pieces done with the production moulds.

I just had a look in the shelves with all these goodies, and some of the pieces are very beatiful, like torsos with transparent balls, mahri tubes in varies colours etc.

I hope we at Bionicle can release way more elements in the future with the two-colour scheme, that is, co-injected elements.

It would really be cool to take some of the always one-coloured elements, produce them in varies two-coloured versions, and release a 250-pieces box full of goodies.

One of the parts I really love is the black and gold version of the Phantoka arm 60896. This was the first element I did part design on at LEGO, back in february 2007. To see a plastic bag filled with these elements in black-gold brought a smile to my face.

Front

Edited by Front

These BBC contest prizes are yet another reason why Binky is awesome. :thumbup:

The parts here are, as described on BZP, test pieces done with the production moulds.

I just had a look in the shelves with all these goodies, and some of the pieces are very beatiful, like torsos with transparent balls, mahri tubes in varies colours etc.

I hope we at Bionicle can release way more elements in the future with the two-colour scheme, that is, co-injected elements.

It would really be cool to take some of the always one-coloured elements, produce them in varies two-coloured versions, and release a 250-pieces box full of goodies.

One of the parts I really love is the black and gold version of the Phantoka arm 60896. This was the first element I did part design on at LEGO, back in february 2007. To see a plastic bag filled with these elements in black-gold brought a smile to my face.

Front

YES, DO THAT. Seriously, that would be even better than the giant parts jars from 04 and 05 with at least 6 golden Vahis and disks of time inside. :sweet:

I just had a look in the shelves with all these goodies, and some of the pieces are very beatiful, like torsos with transparent balls, ...

... I did part design on at LEGO, back in february 2007.

Ah, so you're the man to ask... Is it true that we'll never see trans balls, because the plastic's too weak or something?

Because since the first time I saw trans plastic used, I've wanted to do an all-clear figure.

Granted, one CAN do that already with system pieces, but click and swing joints fall hard before the mighty ball joint.

Ah, so you're the man to ask... Is it true that we'll never see trans balls, because the plastic's too weak or something?

Because since the first time I saw trans plastic used, I've wanted to do an all-clear figure.

Granted, one CAN do that already with system pieces, but click and swing joints fall hard before the mighty ball joint.

I have a limited knowledge on the different materials used for Bionicle elements, so I'm not really able to give a straight foreward answer.

Some of the pieces could be made transparent, like we've already seen with ball-cups in the form of e.g. beams with two ball cups (arms and legs).

But other elements like a torso with balls are made of another material that really is not suited well for being made transparent.

But anything is possible and transparent torso too, although prize and functionality may not be very desirable.

Front

Awesome! I really need to win one of these contests. Course, it would help if I entered. :wacko: I would be happy to take that Strakk mask or one of the zamors of your hands for some Glats. :cry_happy::thumbup:

but pure purples would be win.

I really hope they make a tub-o-parts with exclusive colors and double-injections! That would sell a hundred times better than any set.

but pure purples would be win.

I really hope they make a tub-o-parts with exclusive colors and double-injections! That would sell a hundred times better than any set.

As much as you and I would buy them, part-tubs wouldn't sell that well to the general public - to the non-BIONICLE obsessed eye, it would just be a box full of randomly coloured parts.

Then again, I'd do my best to buy all the tubs in my local toystore if they did make them, so I guess it could be a good idea. :grin: