ZCerberus

Fort Brighton East

Overall you've really kept it from looking as one giant white block.

This was a major concern, so that is good to hear.

I do, however, want the cathedral to tie in to the fortress section, but still remain independent... that is what I want to change the roof to bley... that way it will match the dome and look a little different from the tan/white/dark red colors of the fortress.

Here is a dock section I am working on. The cranes obviously aren't done as well as a few other things. It is heavily inspired by the dock seen PotC:tCotBP.

img_4083.jpg

img_4089.jpg

img_4086.jpg

img_4087.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus

Looks great Z! I love the cranes already!

I'm building docks as well, but this is just massive already! I also love the stairway up to the first floor. :thumbup:

Great job till now Z, I'm looking forward to see more! :pir-sweet:

Impressive Z, the dock looks great. Now I'd really like to see a picture of the PotC dock. Or maybe I should just watch those movies.

:pir-classic: Cool! can't wait to see the dock attached to the fort

Welcome to Eurobricks!

The docks are attached to a seawall that will border the village I will begin work on shortly.

Speaking of the village... what buildings should I be producing?

I considering the following- editions and suggestions welcome.

Light House

Blacksmith

Baker

Fishing hut/shack(s)

Pub/Inn

Stable

Carpenter

Gunsmith

Houses of various sizes

Barracks

Gov. Mansion

Butcher/general store type thing

Chapel (?)

"Shipping center" which would have an office for a shipping company and a supply shop for boats.

A shipping center is also called a Shipyard, which is an excellent idea to make. :thumbup:

I think it would be nice if there was an office of a trading company.

And a few warehouses of course. What is a large port without it?

A shipping center is also called a Shipyard, which is an excellent idea to make. :thumbup:

Yeah? I have always thought of a shipyard as a place where they make ships... which is not what I wanted. I was thinking more like the office of a trading company with a supply shop/warehouse. Big ports need big business!

I like the style of the docks. The stone foundations for the cranes really break up the brown of the docks. Maybe you could try to add some more color to break the brown here and there.

Impressive Z, the dock looks great. Now I'd really like to see a picture of the PotC dock. Or maybe I should just watch those movies.

Heh- Here is a *egablocks version that I found... I was doing a google image search to find a shot of the docks from the movie for you, but this came up in the results. I didn't even know this was out there... I hope mine ends up looking better than this!

51DGC8avrXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Also, in the movie the whole thing is rotated 90 degrees and I am not exactly sure how one gets between the levels...

My version is certainly my own take on it- but you can see, as I said, I got alot of inspiration from the movie on the dock.

I like the style of the docks. The stone foundations for the cranes really break up the brown of the docks. Maybe you could try to add some more color to break the brown here and there.

Good call my man.

Yes. I tried to add some of the dark brown in there too, but it is still largely a hunk of rown. I am considering adding some dark tan here and there and I am not done with all the railings.

My camera also doesn't do too well in low light with the flash on... the flash just kinda removes some of the natural gaps between the bricks that give it a better look- I looks pretty nice in person (as does the Phantom which mostly looks like a black blob from my camera), so maybe I need to just open the shades, turn off the flash, and use a tripod to get a few good snaps. I think maybe adding more on top of the docks will help too. It is still in progress after all.

I think maybe adding more on top of the docks will help too. It is still in progress after all.

Sure, it doesn't need to be in the construction per se, I think the details and accessories will take care of a lot of the color.

Yeah? I have always thought of a shipyard as a place where they make ships... which is not what I wanted. I was thinking more like the office of a trading company with a supply shop/warehouse. Big ports need big business!

An office is part of the company right?

Mostly the office was on the shipyard site itself.

Of course you can make an office, but what is an office without the actual shipyard?

Cranes have been worked on...

I Really wanted a tapered look, so these worked perfectly. Plus. I have about 10 or so of them from the Vikings line.

img_4093.jpg

img_4095.jpg

img_4097.jpg

Flash on... pesky shadows.

img_4091.jpg

Wow those cranes look great! I also saw those in POTC and drew a quick sketch that I'm going to use in my port. This is great inspiration.

New updates...

Some old work got some attention...

Flag pole now has flag.

img_4101.jpg

Tiled top of fortress... I like it and it is tempting me to do more tiling.

img_4105.jpg

Added a sea wall below the fortress and a dock so I can start on a village.

img_4109.jpg

Couple of very "market village"-esque houses.

img_4103.jpg

img_4107.jpg

They hinge open and are set up to be able to sit next to each other despite the hinge. I do plan on adding more variety but I wanted to see how they look with this size and with the techniques I am employing to ensure they can sit next to each other.

img_4108.jpg

A shot of the work in progress over all.

img_4099.jpg

Thats amazing!

But how does it stay upright?! Its hanging off the table! :pir_laugh2:

How much roughly has this cost you? More than £1000 I am guessing?

It looks amazing Z, i really like the houses as they bring some colour to the whole thing.

I agree on the tiling, it looks really nice.

:thumbup:

Did you print the flag on paper, or is it canvas?

It looks amazing Z, i really like the houses as they bring some colour to the whole thing.

I agree on the tiling, it looks really nice.

:thumbup:

Im guessing its Paper. The way the colours have turned out and the way it bends and creases. If it were canvas it would be drooping.

It's paper. I have some "outdoor canvas" but it is supposed to be used for the sails on the Phantom.

The houses are pretty generic- but with enough of them...

how does it stay upright?! Its hanging off the table! :pir_laugh2:

It is built on a 12 x 12 grid of light weight technic topped squares. I think only 1/2 are hanging over the edge so it is holding up pretty well. I think it would instantly collapse if there wasn't so much open, empty space in there keeping the weight down.

How much roughly has this cost you? More than £1000 I am guessing?

no idea- but pretty much every set and piece I have except for my pirate ships and a few UCS Star wars sets are being devoted to the harbor.

I really like how the MMV style houses blend in (now I'm considering buying MMV again :pir-classic: ). The docks and wall are nice too. The tiling gives the top of the fort a really nice finish.