LuxorV

MCW Indexes Discussion Topic

If you mean customisation contests, we just have one per year for now, but if it gets popular (as it seems), we may plan more than one :wink:

If you mean customisation contests, we just have one per year for now, but if it gets popular (as it seems), we may plan more than one :wink:

Ooo more than one per year would be great the last one was great brought so many great customs :classic:

Do you mean you have Greek Mythology decals to post or you'd like to see/request some?

In the first case, open a new thread and post them there.

In the second case, use the Decal Wish List topic.

There seems to be a problem with the castle decal index. Whenever I view it I can only see the first post, the other post with more decals (e.g. faces and shields) is not there. Is this a problem with the index or my connection? :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for any help!

Must have been a mistake with the copy&paste for the up-date :wacko:

It's good as new now!

Thanks for the report :sweet:

Hello.

It seems that links to "Minifig siluette in Illustrator - by def" and "LEGO colours' plaette for Illustrator - by def" are broken.

Thanks for the report. It seems the site was removed or relocated. I'll have to contact def on these.

I was thinking about using some of the decals in the index so I read the tutorial on printing decals. I had no trouble using Word to get Luxorv's decals to print in the right size. However, I could NOT make any of Severus's decals print at the right size. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help me?

I just tried some of Severus's decals, and apart needing a bit of re-sizing (as described in the tutorial) at times, they work just fine for me.

Please keep in mind that when you have to set the length, it refers to the torso; if there is a head/face design in the same image (quite common with Severus's decals), it may need to be printed somewhat larger. In general, make sure the torso length is right at 1.5 centimeters and all should be fine.

If this does not help you, could you please be more specific as to which do not work for you? All? Theme specific ones? Thanks.

All the Indexes have been up-dated. We now have a new Ninjago Index, as well as new sections for Lord of the Rings and Power Miners decals.

I also added the Depository of svg decals to the main MCW Index.

A big thank you to all the dedicated decal designers who contribute to EB daily. :sweet:

Is the Customisation forum the right place to post pictures of minifig MOCs that use unmodded LEGO parts? For example, if I combine minifig parts from different themes, where can I post pictures of those minifigs?

Edited by AmperZand

Hi AmperZand, I moved your post to this discussion topic, where it fits better.

On to your question, as long as you post figs only and not vignettes or larger MOCs, it is good to post the in the Minifig Customisation Workshop.

As a further note, whet you describe as 'minifig MOCs that use unmodded LEGO parts' are commonly called 'purist' custom figures, whereas 'non-purist' ones are those which include modified parts or third party (BrickArms, BrickForge, BrickWarrior and the like; or simply home made) elements.

Hope this helps you. :classic:

Hello, LuxorV,

Thanks for your reply. That does answer my question.

I suspected as much but wanted to be sure. I was told by another member (not a mod) that purist minifig-only MOCs can be posted in the forum of the theme to which they relate. But as I was once corrected by a mod for doing exactly that, I had a feeling the poster was mistaken.

Incidentally, I'm very familiar with the term "purist". I just didn't want to get sucked into a discussion on what is/isn't purism. :wink:

Thanks again,

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

Hello, LuxorV,

Hope you're well.

Can you please index the thread below in the Tutorials section of the Minifig Customisation Index and Guidelines thread?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42306&st=0

A guide to turning fleshies yellow merits indexing. It's extremely useful to those of us who can't stand fleshies, includes know-how that isn't obvious and describes techniques that really work.

Thanks for your consideration,

Amps

Hello.

I've wrote a python script for conversion of Materials.xml (from LDD db.lif) into Adobe Illustrator swatches file (.ase). The most interesting part for the Index is resulting swatches file.

Here is a download link for swatches file for Adobe Illustrator https://github.com/NickAb/ldd-to-ai-swatches/raw/master/LDDColors.ase

All colors have RGB values directly form Lego Digital Designer files.

I also add the swatches file to SVG Minifig Decal Repository.

Edited by NickAb

Thanks for pointing this out. It would seem quite a few decals by clone killer are missing. I'll fix them asap.

EDIT - Fixed.

Hey luxor, is there any chance that you are able to add new decals to the index? I saw that a lot of the WWI and WWII decals were for yellow minifigures, and i was wondering if i could add some of my own, that are either fleshy or can be both. Thanks!

You'll have to post your decals in a dedicated topic, and I'll later add them to the Indexes. Only Admins, Mods and Regs can edit others' topics/posts, so you wouldn't be able to modify the Indexes directly..

19 hours ago, LuxorV said:

You'll have to post your decals in a dedicated topic, and I'll later add them to the Indexes. Only Admins, Mods and Regs can edit others' topics/posts, so you wouldn't be able to modify the Indexes directly..

ok, thanks! 

Hi, I'm wondering if you have a blank minifigure template that includes the side of arms and legs? Thanks.