Sign in to follow this  
nausicaakro

Caribbean clipper x2

thindexedgif.gif 77d

Hello that's my last "fatigue",

After I found the 2nd caribean clipper set, I decide to build a new ship of the line (6 cannons) to destroy the terrible pirates. I hope you'll enjoy immages. (i try to conserve the flavour of old LEGO set, also i use only bricks from the 2 set)

immagine_027.jpg

brickshelf gallery (when pubblic)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=366630

Edited by SlyOwl

I like it! But it looks like your rigging is a little squished, maybe move the brackets that clip onto it down a brick or so?

Nice job !!! :thumbup:

Constructive criticism about the stern:

I would add some black in it + bluild it 1 brick higher.

Example:

yyy.png

Edited by Capt. Kirk

I especially enjoy the fact it holds a nice, large fighting force. Just the thing to take care of that nasty pirate problem.

thanks guys for your (very appreciated) comment.

I like it! But it looks like your rigging is a little squished, maybe move the brackets that clip onto it down a brick or so?

Well, i have some "space" problem in my lego shelters and so i HAVE to move the mast 1 brick down :pir_bawling:

Constructive criticism about the stern:

I would add some black in it + bluild it 1 brick higher.

yeah its a good idea, but i used only the bricks present in the 2 set and i don't know if i have the right number of pieces :pir-hmpf_bad: i should try

I especially enjoy the fact it holds a nice, large fighting force. Just the thing to take care of that nasty pirate problem.

oh, yessss :pir-tongue: my ship carring a crew of 14 soldiers :pir-skull: they are a bit compressed :pir_laugh2:

oh, yessss :pir-tongue: my ship carring a crew of 14 soldiers :pir-skull: they are a bit compressed :pir_laugh2:

That just means they need to tak over a pirate ship soon :pir_laugh2: Yayyy plunder!

Nice ship! Love how it looks like a bigger and meaner version of the caribbean clipper. I agree though that the rigging seems a little squashed.

Actually this reminds my of my old creation HMS Enterprise. It was also a "2 Caribbean Clippers in 1" kind of thing, although yours resembles the original more, and has 3 masts and 6 cannons, while mine had only 2 and 4 respectively. A very nice modification you have there!

Edited by Dreamweb