Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Lego superhero comic

Hey everyone,

The next chapter of the Unlikely Society is finally finished and posted. I think this is where I put in my standard disclamer about "sorry it took me so long," and "I've been really busy," and so forth.

This time our heroes are up against a new foe: Boombox! He's got a sonic disrupter and questionable taste in music. He's rockin' all your favorite '80's hair bands.

chap17Teaser.jpg

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

-Joebot

Great work Joebot! I'm glad to see another chapter in the Unlikely Society story. I'm really starting to get used to the new characters and like them. Smooth storytelling and great new Fluxington MOCs too! :sweet:

Great work Joebot! I'm glad to see another chapter in the Unlikely Society story. I'm really starting to get used to the new characters and like them. Smooth storytelling and great new Fluxington MOCs too! :sweet:

If the whacker says its good than it most likely will be! Time to read! :classic:

Great and funny comic!

The town of Fluxington never ceases to amaze me...

Okay, questionable taste in music? Let's be honest here, all of those songs are awesome. Yeah, you can go around saying you're too cool for hair metal, but we all like it deep down inside. Also, I should point out that neither AC/DC nor Guns n' Roses actually qualify as hair metal. Just my two cents as a music fan.

Other than that, way to go. But I still want to know when you're going to bring back Pepperonous.

Okay, questionable taste in music? Let's be honest here, all of those songs are awesome. Yeah, you can go around saying you're too cool for hair metal, but we all like it deep down inside. Also, I should point out that neither AC/DC nor Guns n' Roses actually qualify as hair metal. Just my two cents as a music fan.

Other than that, way to go. But I still want to know when you're going to bring back Pepperonous.

You are preaching to the choir!! My iPod has an embarrassing amount of heavy metal on it -- Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Britny Fox, Warrant, Poison, etc. I love all that stuff. I grew up listening to it, and -- much like with Legos themselves -- never seemed to outgrow it. The Boombox character is very much tongue-in-cheek, and not meant to be a serious criticism of heavy metal. So, lift your goblet of RAWK!!

And yeah, that's true about AC/DC and GnR. But I love those bands, and couldn't resist including them. Led Zeppelin will pop up in the next issue, and they're DEFINITELY not a "hair band. "

Thanks for reading, everyone!!

Simply a brilliant and hilarious new chapter of your great comics series. Boombox already looks like an all-time favorite villain to me. :thumbup: