pr0visorak

Can we have our own star wars group?

Can we have our own star wars group?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that we should have a ranking syatem?

• Yes
    • No

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I was looking at the pirate moderators and recruits and was wondering why dont we have one for the star wars forum? I mean this forum is propably the one that needs the most contribution too? SO what do you think? :classic: Should we have a ranking system or not? :wink:

Well, those groups are for the people that help run Classic-Pirates by making frontpage posts, editing graphics and things like that. To my knowledge, Star Wars doesn't have a website like C-P, so I think it's not really usefull.

I was looking at the pirate moderators and recruits and was wondering why dont we have one for the star wars forum? I mean this forum is propably the one that needs the most contribution too? SO what do you think? :classic: Should we have a ranking system or not? :wink:

I don't speak on behalf of the staff, but I can tell you now... no. No. No. Noooo. No. No. :thumbdown:

Classic-Pirates supports the forum, it's own website, a blog, contests, a youtube account and a number of other things, some that haven't been seen yet. It needs a large staff and Admiral Crazypants Phes has been working diligently to insure that all of it can run smoothly as he takes a less active role in pursuit of some other interests.

This forum does not need a similar structure just so people can have new, fancy ranks.

Simple as that. Or, as they say in the business, "don't call us, we'll call you."

If, however, you'd like to devote the time and effort, the Reviewer's Academy is always looking for students to finish their gold training and begin to pitch in as teachers and the Star Wars forum is in need of many quality reviews to fill in the review index, those would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I don't speak on behalf of the staff, but I can tell you now... no. No. No. Noooo. No. No. :thumbdown:

Classic-Pirates supports the forum, it's own website, a blog, contests, a youtube account and a number of other things, some that haven't been seen yet. It needs a large staff and Admiral Crazypants Phes has been working diligently to insure that all of it can run smoothly as he takes a less active role in pursuit of some other interests.

This forum does not need a similar structure just so people can have new, fancy ranks.

Simple as that. Or, as they say in the business, "don't call us, we'll call you."

If, however, you'd like to devote the time and effort, the Reviewer's Academy is always looking for students to finish their gold training and begin to pitch in as teachers and the Star Wars forum is in need of many quality reviews to fill in the review index, those would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

I kinda agree with you but I still can't make up my mind

The ranking system within the Star Wars forum is pretty simple:

There's the Emperor and then there's the Star Wars Moderator...

Why democraze a well-functioning system? :tongue:

As mentioned earlier, what we need here is reviews, MOCs, MODs and stuff like that.

I like things when they're done the KISS way.

I wouldn't be for this. It would a lot of work keeping all the "recruits" organised and it would probably be just easier to do it ourselves. My advice is just be a good EB member and have fun, and you never know, you might end up as staff anyway! :tongue:

(I never planned on being staff...)

The ranking system within the Star Wars forum is pretty simple:

There's the Emperor and then there's the Star Wars Moderator...

Why democraze a well-functioning system? :tongue:

:tongue: Indeed; KimT's powers should not be under-estimated!

I guessed my new tag/badge was KimT's doing :classic: . Nice work with that :thumbup: .

You're welcome.

The badge starwars.png is given to those members who'vw contributed in a special manner to the Star Wars forum - be that many great reviews, awesome MOCs or just by being the kind of Star Wars Forum member that I appreciate.

Let me say this once and for all:

"Do not ask for the badge - that's the only way you'll never get it!"

As far as I'm concerned this site has way too many ranks, groups, statuses, badges and whatnot. To me it's all gobbledygook what's written below those names, I don't even look at it...

Just admins and users would be enough for me.

As far as I'm concerned this site has way too many ranks, groups, statuses, badges and whatnot. To me it's all gobbledygook what's written below those names, I don't even look at it...

Just admins and users would be enough for me.

I agree there's a lot of gobbledygook, but it's always nice to be a appreciated.

Having a star wars group or special tags for dedicated members is a good idea. In the long run, it won't really change much but, as a reward to good members an intelligent posters, it should work well. Good idea, Provo! :tongue:

Nice idea KimT! :thumbup:

Personally, I don't think there are too many groups at all. Most of the tags aren't really groups anyway. :classic:

Plus, it's my interpretation that this isn't a group, more of an appreciation tag.

Nice idea KimT! :thumbup:

Personally, I don't think there are too many groups at all. Most of the tags aren't really groups anyway. :classic:

Plus, it's my interpretation that this isn't a group, more of an appreciation tag.

Thats about what I interpret it as too. Just a way of recognizing dedicated members. And I`m pretty sure it was Provisorak`s idea (look at the first post).

Thats about what I interpret it as too. Just a way of recognizing dedicated members. And I`m pretty sure it was Provisorak`s idea (look at the first post).

And I am pretty sure it's not.

He did push me over the edge, but lately I've been thinking on how to show the site's appreciation towards members who've contributed in a great way. Hence the tag.

Pr0visorak asked for something like they have in the Pirate Forum and that's a whole different story.

:tongue:

I wouldn't mind our own Star Wars group but I think it's better just having a badge of apreciation.

Edited by The crazy one

And I am pretty sure it's not.

He did push me over the edge, but lately I've been thinking on how to show the site's appreciation towards members who've contributed in a great way. Hence the tag.

Pr0visorak asked for something like they have in the Pirate Forum and that's a whole different story.

:tongue:

Hmm... It appears I misinterpreted the first post. I thought Provisorak just meant tags. Oh, well, I suppose it really doesn`t matter whose idea it was.

Voted no. Why would we change it? There are enough moderators around, who take appropriate measures if needed.

I agree the Pirate and Star Wars forums inside EB are much different. So it's not really needed here.

But I think this new badge KimT has created is an extra incentive for everyone here to work harder, not that you should contribute just to contribute. :tongue:

I voted for ''yes'', because it is a nice way, to see those ranks in the big Star Wars forum, too.

But, looking without on the point organisation, isn't it the best based on Star Wars to do this like a ranked Clone trooper?

So here is a example:

-Trooper

-Sergeant

-Commander

-501st-elite

-Senate guard

-Emperor (Moderators and Regulators)

Well this method brings a lot of work, but I'm sure you have a lot of fun :classic:

'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

I voted for ''yes'', because it is a nice way, to see those ranks in the big Star Wars forum, too.

But, looking without on the point organisation, isn't it the best based on Star Wars to do this like a ranked Clone trooper?

So here is a example:

-Trooper

-Sergeant

-Commander

-501st-elite

-Senate guard

-Emperor (Moderators and Regulators)

Well this method brings a lot of work, but I'm sure you have a lot of fun :classic:

'Bricks'

I thought this was a nice idea but you can't really do it. For C-P you go up in rank by contributing in some way e.g. writing frontpage news, editing images, creating tracks etc. The Star Wars forum doesn't have a 'homepage' so I don't see how this could be pulled off.

EDIT: What are the white dots below Star wars on the new tag?

Edited by Skipper 24

I kinda voted...no. We could later in time when more people like SW.

So, apart from awesome mocs, what could we do to earn the badge? Include the moderator in one of our animations :tongue: ? Nah, seriously. How about reviewing a set or two, giving info about the upcoming sets etc? What do you think KimT?

JD

Btw, I was NOT asking for the badge.

Ooh, shiny SW tags. Jammiedodger has a point- do people get lucky? Get noticed? Some people are definitely going to get overlooked. Maybe a 'member recognition' thread, in which members post who they think deserves a tag. Or would that be too much trouble... :wink:

Plus, I'm sure you Moderators want more of the same annoyances that went with titles. :tongue:

<--- Edit: Hey look. :laugh:

Ooh, shiny SW tags. Jammiedodger has a point- do people get lucky? Get noticed? Some people are definitely going to get overlooked. Maybe a 'member recognition' thread, in which members post who they think deserves a tag. Or would that be too much trouble... :wink:

Plus, I'm sure you Moderators want more of the same annoyances that went with titles. :tongue:

<--- Edit: Hey look. :laugh:

Well I think if you post enough (no I'm not saying you should go on a crazy posting spree posting just to up your post count) and contribute regularly eventually you will get noticed, how long it takes, well I guess that just depends.

The badge is handed out by me alone.

Since I am the one doing all the indexing and reading all posts, then I am sure to notice 'those who contribute'.

Maybe you'll get one, maybe you wont.

This isn't a democracy where the badge is handed out by votes.

:vader:

This isn't a democracy where the badge is handed out by votes.

:vader:

"Mabye the Democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists" :tongue:

Thats a really cool badge Kim. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the work you do with all this star wars stuff :classic: