Mister Phes

NEW Shipyard Positions - recruiting selection finished

shipyard_ranking_system-recruiting%20promotion-forum.gif

We're pleased to announce Wouwie has been promoted to

Editor so congratulate him for his achievement!

We're also opening up two new positions:

Junior Assistant

This role involves maintaining our Social Networking Outposts such as our soon to be launched YouTube Channel and Facebook page. You will be responsible to responding to comments and friend requests, as well as, doing some light secretarial work. This position could one day lead to Publication Relations Officier for a candidate with the right aptitude.

Applicants are not required to be "juniors" as any age can apply, however if you're an adult with professional web/graphic design experience we can certainly put your skills to better use elsewhere.

Video Editor

We are seeking a Video Editor with reasonable video editing skills. You will be responsible for the creation of regular videos for the Classic-Pirates.com YouTube Channel which at first will be simple slideshow showcasing stunning MOCs and new Pirate LEGO sets as soon as their image use becomes public domain. This is a precursor to our much more ambitious endeavour which will be launched sometime in the future.

How to Apply

First check your schedule - can you afford 30 minutes per day? If the answer is "no" then these positions are not for you. To keep the workload fair we have weekly quotas which must be fulfilled so if you can't devote a little time each day there is no point applying.

If you can afford the time then write a paragraph in this thread explaining why you are suitable. In addition, Video Editor applicants should provide links to examples of their work.

APPLICATIONS CLOSED

Hi, I would be willing to be a Junior Assistant, and look after a Facebook page. I think that I would be suitable for this position because I feel I can take care of a group, and can navigate Facebook easily. I understand if you don't choose me, but I would love to do this.

-Ricecracker

EDIT: Congrats Wouwie!

Edited by ricecracker

Congrats Wouwie, fellow Shipyard worker! You deserve the position. Enjoy your new rank!

I have a quick question. Do you have to have a facebook and YouTube account to apply for either position?

Thank You

LegoKing

I have a quick question. Do you have to have a facebook and YouTube account to apply for either position?

No, just a dedicated interest in what you would be doing for Classic-Pirates.com.

And congratulations Wouwie, it's nice to have another Pirate Editor by my side. Well done! :pir-wink:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

You will get access to the Classic-Pirates.com YouTube Channel and Group but you will need a Facebook account to edit the Facebook Page.

Hello,

I would like to try out for the position as Video Editor.

I originally involved myself with the BrickFilming community that often involved mass loads of photo editing and full film editing. I have multiple photo editors that can later be used with films such as Gimp 2.0, PhotoScape, and InkScape. I also have made a few films of my own using LEGO creations. They can be viewed on my YouTube channel (Although it doesn't get much noise.) -Plug-

I have wanted to help out with the Classic-Pirates community when I began to notice all the noise that was coming from the Pillage the Village contest and I now finally have an opportunity to help. I am on my computer and EuroBricks.com usually 30 minutes a day anyway (give or take) and could easily meet a quota if it involved and average of 30 minutes a day. I could easily make a nice quality film within a day and would find it quite enjoyable to take advantage of this job.

NewRight, if you feel you could easily get through a video every week, we might be interested in giving you a go as a video editor. After reading your application and watching your videos, I have decided you could benefit Classic-Pirates.com, and who knows - from a good and commited contribution, you may be able to earn yourself a promotion through our new Shipyard Ranking System!

What do you think Mister Phes?

Well done Wouwie! I always believed you would do a good job (look at your title), and you have been a mighty fine help!

Ok, fellow Pirate Scums :pir-devil: , let's focus ourselves on who can join the dreamteam next! (Joining means you will become a volunteer for the first month, then a New Recruit and from there the promotions start!).

Hello all!

I'd like to become Video Editor, I have quite much spare time per day so I can easily get the 30 minutes.

I'm experienced with video editing and short stop-motion movies. I'm working at a large stop-motion movie together with YnyklY. I'm very motivated to take this job and become even more experienced in video editing. I have the things I need to make a very nice video in a not too long time.

I have made loads of short stop-motion movies and they are actually too short to put them on Youtube, I'm currently busy connecting those short movies to a large movie.

Hope I can help! :pir-blush:

Congratulations to Wouwie!! You deserved it!

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Good morning everyone. I wish to apply for the position of Junior Assistant, as having recently come out of my own dark ages, I would love the chance to help other members and to develop the community as a whole. I know I am suited to this task because I recently finished a job where working in the promotions department, I did just this. Therefore, please consider my offer of assistance, and consider it on the books for the future.

By the way, congratulations on the promotion.

Congrats Wouwie, there is no way I could do what your doing cause I can hardly even run a computer

I would gladly take up the role of Video Editor. I have made many animations with LEGO and edited them using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum (I record them with a Sony HandyCam). I have to merge, resize and edit the frames so I think I would be good at editing.

I have a youtube.com channel: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l2imm1K6rJY&...re=channel_page

Please watch all of my videos as they differ in animation quallity. I made Jedi Purge three years ago, so my voice sounds a bit weird. :pir_laugh2: Then I made General Grevious followed by the most recent Clone Wars and Smallville. I have made many other movies from all themes including Pirates, Rock Monsters, Indy and City. I make movies with real people and Clay, Paper etc as well.

I hope that is enough information.

JD

Btw, Congrats to Wouwie! :thumbup:

Hello!

I would like to apply for video editor for I have experienced this and know well how to do it. I too have made stop motion videos

Im pretty sure some people here saw them. Also I have time to do it.

The slideshows I make have each picture in for four seconds. Then swich to the next also I add music so it wont be dull. :pir-classic:

Im have a you tube account. And experienced uploading videos. So id love to help! :pir_laugh2:

Well it was certainly tough a choice! We were quite pleased the response so we're going to take 2 Video Editors instead of one!

These will be NewRight and Cap'n Blackmoor, and we chose Huntleyfx for our Junior Assistant.

Now, I'm going to be so kind as to offer feedback as to why these people were selected:

In the case of NewRight and Cap'n Blackmoor, we felt familiar with them because they've been contributing to the Pirate Forum for some time now. When someone posts regularly in the forum we can get to know them a little better and they don't feel like a complete stranger. This also gives us the reassurance they're likely to stick around for the longhaul and not volunteer then disappear after 2 weeks. We've had people like that in the past unfortunately.

With Huntleyfx, his previous experience in promotions was certainly an advantage as one day we hope our Junior Assistant can become a Public Representative, obviously somebody with experience has potential to get there faster.

So now our New Recruits can visit their welcome thread in the Shipyard and for those who didn't make it, don't dispair! We'll have future recruiting sessions so use the feedback provided to increase your chances for next time.

Thank you to all those who participated!

So glad to here.

Congrats to Cap'n Blackmoor and Huntleyfx as well with there new positions.

Welcome guys! I hope you enjoy it in the Shipyard!

Thank you all for your generous welcome, and I look forward to working with and for you all in the future. (Unfortunately, rum and myself don't mix, but a nice Cabernet is always welcome :pir-classic: )