Creator T-Rex is 30% off on Amazon.... so I bought my first Creator set! Seems like a nice set for under a tenner and I think it's the cheapest it's been.

Although speaking of Dinosaurs the Tower Takedown set is half-price on the Italian Amazon. Unfortunately once you factor in postage it works out about the same is it is to buy it in the UK :(

Oh and Marvel stuff is in the Lego Store for pre-order. I'm assuming you still get the current bonuses (double points and free shipping) if you pre-order? Could be worth doing if you're planning on getting any of these straight off.

Edited by Ash

I think this thread should be broken for each themes.

For example, I am only interested in Technic sets where as this thread mostly lists other themes. :cry_sad:

A theme specific thread will help members to spot deals much faster.

I think that might be a bit much. There are a lot of themes. I don't know the policy on promoting our own sites so I'll message you something might help. For the big technic sets it's worth keeping an eye on other european Amazons as well. They can have better discounts that sometimes offset postage costs.

This thread gets updated too little imho, for it to be worth it. It's easy enough checking here every day, you won't be pages behind even if you miss a day =D

And as already mentioned by previous poster, keep an eye on european Amazon... I made a huge saving of £65 off the 10212 Lambda shuttle, £180 inc P&P (that is before Lego's own P&P comes into it too!)

Oh and Marvel stuff is in the Lego Store for pre-order. I'm assuming you still get the current bonuses (double points and free shipping) if you pre-order? Could be worth doing if you're planning on getting any of these straight off.

You don't. It says in the smallprint on the promotions page. It's the same if you buy an item on backorder that ships after the offer is over.

You don't. It says in the smallprint on the promotions page. It's the same if you buy an item on backorder that ships after the offer is over.

Are you sure? I couldn't see it anywhere in the fine print. If I add the Quinjet to my basket it still shows double points and free shipping.

Not going to test it out though because I don't actually want it! ;)

I have purchased the lokis cube escape and it said I would have double points but since they do not take payment untill it ships I have not got the points yet

according to the small print about the free shipping it includes this line

Excludes backorder items

Edited by danim

Well I guess you'll be able to tell us for sure in a couple of weeks!

One thing that was interesting is that I found the small print for an old promotion that said it excluded "back orders and pre-orders". The current one just says "back orders".

About the Marvel sets, can I Pre-Order them using VIP points? If so, my son just got the Death Star and got 500 points with it so if I can use the points, I may Pre-Order Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape.

I think this thread should be broken for each themes.

For example, I am only interested in Technic sets where as this thread mostly lists other themes. :cry_sad:

A theme specific thread will help members to spot deals much faster.

Why not just subscribe to the thread, because then you get an e-mail any time anyone posts in the thread ... it allows me to spot deals quicker once they're posted.

I got excited for a minute... but any colour except pink! Those bricks aren't the best storage option, but they're fun for kids and look good. I've picked up a few on special here and there. At full price they're crazy expensive.

Picked up Flying Mummy Attack (44% off) and another Golden Staff Guardians (still 50%) off at Amazon. They're still at that price, it's the cheapest I've seen Flying Mummy attack. Not the best sets, but fun minifigures and accessories.

play.com have both 9493 X-wing and 9492 Tie Fighter @ £39.99 there's some reductions on other LSW sets too and seems to be reasonable savings throughout all themes (LEGO Super Heroes 6863: Batwing Battle Over Gotham City also @ £27.49).

4 stud storage brick is reduced to £9.49 but only in pink

Nice spot. Some ~30% off deals I can see on there are 7962 Podracers, 3182 Airport, 7065 Mothership, 4645 Harbour

Edited by caperberry

Amaxon (UK) currently have 7965 - Millennium Falcon at £94.99 (29% off):

(link here)

As usual you might need to be quick :classic:

I finally managed to get down to my local Asda yesterday while they had the planets/droid escape on sale, but all were gone. Went there today, the droid escape was there, but they were normal price again...

Is that it for the really cheap planet/droid escape sets at asda?

does anyone know if the UK pick a brick varies between stores? been to MK and it had changed since i last went 3 months ago but wondering if its worth going to bluewater or brighton. Has anyone been to all 3, which has the best selection (ignoring the theme park)

:thumbup:

chris

It does, Chris, though they often have similar parts e.g. there are a lot of white horses about at the moment. Brickbuildr iPab is great when people bother to update it - the two London Westfield stores have recently been updated.

But generally speaking, now is a VERY good time for PaB walls because the new European catalogues came in recently. So most stores have quite a few new parts and, if they are clued up, are desperately re-ordering further parts whilst there's still good stuff on offer.

Cursed Cobra Statue's turn to be 50% off at Amazon today (price match with Tesco's Direct I think). I've bought every Pharoah's Quest set except the big pyramid in the last couple of weeks. I love half price Lego :tongue:

Oh hey, Rescue Robot half price as well. Hooray for a cheap light brick!

I saw Ewok attack for £12.99 at my sainsburys in kidlington today, ig i had any spare cash i would ahve bought it, oh well.

My humble local Tesco has the Powerboat Transporter for £10, which sounds good but isn't my thing.

Also as a heads-up: the calendar set with the Cheerleader and S1 Skateboard Dude is back at the Lego store, at least in Stratford.

Also as a heads-up: the calendar set with the Cheerleader and S1 Skateboard Dude is back at the Lego store, at least in Stratford.

Ooh really? I was very disappointed when I missed that last year, thanks. Any good Grab Bags?

Ooh really? I was very disappointed when I missed that last year, thanks. Any good Grab Bags?

Not really: there were three when I was there, and they consisted of older PAB parts with parts from the previous two Monthly Builds.

Debenhams have a couple of sets at half price including the City Marina for £21 which seems like a great deal (cheaper than I've ever seen it on Amazon). I'm going to have to pass as I've spent way too much this month.... probably... maybe I'll give in. Currently in stock but I'd be quick: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_171010542499_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Sale~Gifts+%26amp%3B+toys~Toys+%26amp%3B+games

They also have Cars 2 Spy Jet Escape at half price and a couple of other 25% off or so.

That Marina is tempting though....

Must resist urge to buy...