Sign in to follow this  
Wouwie

Le Baton Rouge

th_indexed.gifthindexedgif.gif I was browsing through Flickr and I found this by Nelson Yrizarry -

3033703890_d9da9c16db.jpg

3032861381_03127399b9.jpg

3032861751_4a6c1266a5_t.jpg ~ 3032862933_82e48fa25c_t.jpg ~ 3032862471_ae2e9cf9f0_t.jpg ~ 3032862591_4d293fca6a_t.jpg

It's a modified version of the new Fort from the new Pirates line.

I think he did really well. I especially like the skull rock, the hanging skeleton and the flagpole!

I like it, lots of influences from the original Soldier's Fort but still very nicely improved.

I like the tower a lot more then the barely detailed tower of the original set. I also like the gallows. :pir-skull:

Wow, great find! I believe Big Daddy is also a member of Eurobricks, maybe he can tell us a bit more about it!

I love the desk and weapons rack underneath the cannon post, and the bluecoats just rock!

I urgently need to buy some of those windows as well...

He's gone and made the overall structure appear more solid, like a fort should be!

I particularly like what he's done with the "sentry box" (beneath the flagpole) because it's a vast improvement over the original design which was merely a sloped roof held up by some flimsy poles.

Wow, great find! I believe Big Daddy is also a member of Eurobricks, maybe he can tell us a bit more about it!

And we can show him some of that "Old World" charm while he's here :pir-grin:

Hes really made some improvements here. I really like the little shack with all the muskets and the little table.

The main tower windows look nice.

Edited by Ratshot

Great improvement! I love the skull rock^^ this is a really nice fort!

I think this is better than the British Fort mainly because of the blue coats. But I think you have done a very good job of transforming the new British Fort into a modified, better looking Imperial Armada Fort. Great modification again.

LegoKing

I think this is better than the British Fort mainly because of the blue coats. But I think you have done a very good job of transforming the new British Fort into a modified, better looking Imperial Armada Fort.

Imperial Armada or Imperial Guard?

Imperial Armada decore seems to have green incoporated, but alas, as there's only one Imperial Armada structure at this point in time it's difficult to determine exactly which elements would be reoccurring in larger sets. I presume though, green would be part of the colour scheme.

6244-1.jpg

This was featured on Forbidden Coves page to see the original post you need to search the archives. It is the only article I have found on the sight that I have visited over 20 times :grin:

In-fact i will be posting a Moc from the 3 and 10 standard article!

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Imperial Armada or Imperial Guard?

Imperial Armada decore seems to have green incoporated, but alas, as there's only one Imperial Armada structure at this point in time it's difficult to determine exactly which elements would be reoccurring in larger sets. I presume though, green would be part of the colour scheme.

6244-1.jpg

Oh, my silly mistake. I mean the Imperial Guard. Silly me.

That's amazingly wel done. I think there's hardly a better combination of old and new pirate style possible! I love that colour scheme.

Possibly even more than the originial Imperial Gaurds' colours.

Creative use of the horse saddle for the skeleteon as well.

I wonder how it'd look side by side with the TLC version.

Nice, very nice!

A great mod of the original! Everything has been beefed up wonderfully.

Best of all, it's been updated to the Imperial Soldiers :pir-grin: !

A lot of creative techniques here, but I like the addition of the window sill a lot.

I think the crane should be kept and improved, though.

Oh, how did you make the rifle rack?

I don't have the Soldier's fort so I don't now much about it but I think it's made this way:

30237.gif

A few from these bricks in white and a musket of course.

Hope this might help you out. :pir-blush: