Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

1950's gangster limo

theaterindex.gif

Believe it or not, this started out as a castle MOC. :tongue: Now do you all remember the day I came here I said I like all categories? Well, mostly I'm a Star Wars fan, but hear I am, building an Indy Jones MOC. So, mixing Indy Jones style techniques and my own collection, without further a due I give you:

ijl8.jpg

Surprisingly, it's the same size as the bigger vehicle in the chase for stolen treasure set! (Sorry for the bad pics.)

ijl2.jpg

ijl1.jpg

ijl7.jpg

ijl6.jpg

Gallery. (When Public.)

Nice car!

Look's really like the one from the street cars in ''Temple of Doom''.

Maybe you could add some more detail's, like bigger headlamps.

But otherwise it's a great moc, wich is an cool extra for the set: '7682 Shanghai Chase'!

Greetings 'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

Thanks, I based it off of that car, and added a little "armored car" feeling I had from seeing a huge armored hummer pass by my house yesterday. :tongue:

I still wonder where that monster of a car was headed... :tongue: I mean really! Both lanes of the street!

Its certainly a neat little car. Perhaps you can add doors on the side, and maybe make it longer so as to hold extra seats, but other than that, it looks very cool. Kind of like a '50s hummer. :tongue:

Its certainly a neat little car. Perhaps you can add doors on the side, and maybe make it longer so as to hold extra seats, but other than that, it looks very cool. Kind of like a '50s hummer. :tongue:

I was thinking about doors. But there are some cars where you climb in through the roof. I think. :tongue: I'll put a swing hinge on the sides. Somehow. :tongue:

I've got the perfect idea for a door. I'll need to take out both sides, and rather than using hinge pieces, use single circular studs, making a swinging open wall, acting as a door.

I'll also take a comparison picture with the big tank thingy from the race for stolen treasure.

Looks more like a hearse than a limo! If you want a lomousine-ish look, make the hood shorter and make the body look longer and sleeker. Otherwise, good job.

Looks more like a hearse than a limo! If you want a lomousine-ish look, make the hood shorter and make the body look longer and sleeker. Otherwise, good job.

This topic is kinda 4 months old...thanks anyways.

Edited by Darth Legolas

Just because it's 4 months old doesn't mean we can't post!

And yeah, it looks awesome, but the body should be longer.

But it is nice, and a great Shanghai Chase addition.

Just because it's 4 months old doesn't mean we can't post!

And yeah, it looks awesome, but the body should be longer.

But it is nice, and a great Shanghai Chase addition.

Well... since It was made so long ago, I have spruced it up quite a bit. I added a hidden door, second seat, more detailed boy, and better underneath. I replaced all the flashy light bley with black, so now it seems more real.