Mister Phes

The NEW Shipyard Ranking System

shipyard_ranking_system_forum.gif

For many months now a team of dedicated volunteers have been working within The Shipyard to produce the content which appears daily on the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com.

"The Shipyard?" you ask? The Shipyard is a hidden VIP sub-forum within the LEGO Pirates Forum where volunteers work on special projects.

We want to begin rewarding our volunteers for their contributions so we're implementing a ranking system which enables them to receive promotions for the quality and quantity of their contributions. Each rank has it's own tag and special priveleges which increase with each rank. There will also be contests exclusive to The Shipyard so only those who are part of the Ranking System will be able to participate.

The Ranks

new_recruit.gif

After a 4 week probation period volunteers will become New Recruits. At this rank they'll be trained by those of the higher ranks to obtain the necessary skills for updating and maintaining Classic-Pirates.com.

lookout_boy.gif

A Lookout Boy searches the for pirates news like MOCs, event, ...

pirate_editor.gif

Once a New Recruit is capable of performing their duties unassisted they will be promoted to Editor. At this rank recruits will refine their skills and assist in the training of New Recruits.

pirate_senior_editor_tag.gif

After an Editor has perfected their skills and trained at least one New Recruit to Editor level, they will be promoted to Senior Editor. At this rank recruits will take on more responibilities and even get their own Classic-Pirates.com Email address!

shipyard_master.gif

After successfully fulfilling their duties and training an Editor to a Senior Editor level where they become a Shipyard Master. At this rank recruits will be involved in the decision making of The Shipyard, determining who is worthy of promotion and gain access to The Captain's Cabin.

How to Become Part of the System

We will conduct periodical intakes which will involve granting one or two new volunteers access to the Shipyard. This will most likely occur when the existing volunteers have been promoted to Editor or removed due to unsuitability. However, if a user is making exceptional contributions in the LEGO Pirate Forum or LEGO Pirate MOC Sub-Forum we may acknowledge their efforts and grant them special access to The Shipyard irrespective of the number of volunteers.

Its great that this is being presented to the public. Thanks for all the training and help Master Phes. See you around the forums.

"The Shipyard?" you ask? The Shipyard is a hidden VIP sub-forum within the LEGO Pirates Forum where volunteers work on special projects.

*Hips* Hidden VIP subfurom isssh one possibility to describe ittt I guesss *HICK*

shipyard_ale_society_logo.jpg

Hmm, sounds great! So the only people that can be part of this have to be chosen? Or is it done by becoming a part of Classic-Pirates?

Hmm, sounds great! So the only people that can be part of this have to be chosen? Or is it done by becoming a part of Classic-Pirates?

Yes they have to be chosen. You have to be active in the Pirate forum and contribute. :pir-classic:

Ah, well then. I wonder why it is only done for the Pirates forum and not other themes?

Anyways, congrats to you and the others. :thumbup:

Ah, well then. I wonder why it is only done for the Pirates forum and not other themes?

Anyways, congrats to you and the others. :thumbup:

This is the most active forum on EB! That's why! :pir-wink:

Thanks VBBN. :pir-classic:

AHEM! when was I ever active in the Pirates forum? (not that I wouldn't like to be a bit more active :pir-wink: ). Nice job with this system Mr. Phes.

It depends... If we see a user continually making extraordinary contributions in the Pirate Forums then we'll approach them.

But if we're having an "intake" then we'll create a thread in the Pirate Forum specifying our requirements (E.g. we need a new Video Editor) and then it will depend upon who replies in that thread.

Is there a limit of people who may participate? Otherwise there will be a lot of people with a 'shipyard' rank.

Just wondering. :pir-blush:

No there, there are no limits to the number of recruits but we'll be expanding slowly. As the Eurobricks user base grows, so too will the number Shipyard Recruits.

Bare in mind some will leave and some will eventually be promoted to a level where they have powers outside the Shipyard.

On a side note, why was I never able to join the classic-pirates team? It always gave me a deny message... :sad:

Oh, and thaks for explaining that Mister Phes. :)

It takes a mastermind to invent and develop iniatives like this and Eurobrick's resident mastermind happens to be very focused on LEGO Pirates. :pir-grin:

On a side note, why was I never able to join the classic-pirates team? It always gave me a deny message... :sad:

Nobody was ever able to join the Classic-Pirates.com Crew via a form. We once had a Submissions Form but that was just so people could let us know they were interested in contributing.

Over time we decided the form wasn't particularly effective as all the best contributors were discoverd in the LEGO Pirates Forum. This is why forum participation is crucial as we can observe your activity and get to know you, which makes it much easier when deciding who should join our crew.

When you say contribute , do you mean like posting photos cause I dont know how to and I have a few things i like would to show.

Edited by Broadside

Definitely good to see this to the public especially with all the attention it's getting, which may bring potential help! I just want to say hey every one, as I'm not exactly a face you see often in the Pirate forum, that doesn't mean I don't share the love of them though. Anyway thanks again and glad to see this up and running.

I'm also interested in knowing what you mean by contributing?

I'm guessing like making useful and creative posts, creating Mocs and voicing your opinion :wink:

Anyway, congrats to every one participating! Sounds like an honour! :pir-classic::jollyroger:

Well Mister Phes, I hope to join the Shipyard Recruits soon becasue Pirates is my favorite type of Lego. So I will be trying really hard to get into the Shipyard Recruits Mister Phes, so watch me carefully.

LegoKing

When you say contribute , do you mean like posting photos cause I dont know how to and I have a few things i like would to show.
Check out our

Tutorials Index - there's lots of information there to get you started.

I'm also interested in knowing what you mean by contributing?

By making "extraordinary contributions" that will get you noticed I refer to activities like:

• Writing regular articles or comics. It has to be ongoing, a one off is not sufficient.
  • Helping other users - just like I've done with Broadside
  • Working on a project that benefits other forum users - like RTN LNA did with the Ship MOCs sorted by ship type Index