Captain Blackmoor

Ship accessories

th_indexed.gif Accessory MOCs

As some of you guys maybe know, I'm currently building the "La Formidable". I've made some small accessoires for the ship today and I'd like to share them. Perhaps it's useful for you too, my ship is under construction so any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Enjoy!

ship_accessoires001.jpg

The steering wheel, with the first mate behind it. There's a compass on top and the steering wheel can be operated by more men in heavy weather.

ship_accessoires002.jpg

The first mate is overlooking the sea in front of him, avoiding reefs and chasing enemy vessels.

ship_accessoires003.jpg

The first version of the figurehead, the figurehead is carrying a golden sword, crone and key.

The crone symbolizes the power of the French on sea. He also wears a golden sword which symbolizes the sword of Justice, this ship brings justice to his enemies. It also punishes them. :pir-skull:

The key symbolizes the fact this ship could be the 'key' to dominate the seas.

ship_accessoires004.jpg

Another view.

ship_accessoires005.jpg

I've been working on lanterns for the back of the ship. The "La Formidable" will get three of them.

ship_accessoires006.jpg

This shows how the lantern is made. Not many bricks but quite nice in my opinion.

I still prefer yellow-transculent cones for the lamp.

ship_accessoires007.jpg

This is a small caliber ( 6 pounder ) cannon for on the poop deck and forecastle. The soldier is ready to fire!

ship_accessoires008.jpg

This is the way how I made the cannon, not much but neat. I'm still looking for a way to add small wheels.

Thanks for watching!!!

Comments highly appreciated!

Edited by SlyOwl

Brilliant! I especially like the lanterns. Very clever. And it might also interest you to know that a ship's steering wheel is called the Helm.

In what set did you get the silver key, bye the way I like your cannon

wow! nice accessories! have you tried putting on wheels like the ones in brickbeards bounty?

In what set did you get the silver key, bye the way I like your cannon

It is a golden key. :pir_laugh2: I got two from the 7419 Dragon Fortress. There may be more sets with golden keys but I'm not sure.

wow! nice accessories! have you tried putting on wheels like the ones in brickbeards bounty?
LOVE the lantern! Great helm, the cannon is very nice(wheels would be even cooler)

I'm working on the :cannon:. I've tested different wheels but I want something special. I've seen some good ways but it's cooler to do something new. :pir-blush:

I might post some more accessoires later on. But first I want to finish the ship.

Thanks for the comments all! :thumbup:

I agree, nice lantern!

Good luck on the ship Captain! :thumbup:

Thanks Cap'n Green Hair! The hull is almost done. I'm waiting for a BL order to complete it. The rigging will cost a lot of time I'm afraid.

Updated some accessoires and added some new. Hope you like them

The new cannon:

formidable_update2002.jpg

The ship's bell:

detail34s002.jpg

And the not-yet-done capstan:

detail34s001.jpg

More coming soon!

I love the accessories, especialy the little canon looks very neat.