Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Creating the perfect Admiral...

I dont have much advice on the torsos to use. But I can say this. BE CREATIVE! Use everything and anything...I dont suggest using stickers...They dont look very good. But really set yourself no boundarys. Make things that seem unoriginal..Yet are. I have my red coat captain in the captain shirt...A smiley face, white pants white hands and a shako. Its wonderful :D Enjoi!

I sure do at home...when I get there ill post it. Its pobabley the coolest looking MF ive eve seen :D I really like it. Ill be home in 5 hours

Ninja torsos can fit quite well as pirate torsos. Try those if you have any.

Have you tried using Ninja torsos for pirate mini-figures, Mr Scnicker? If so do you have any pictures or know of anywhere in which pictures can be found?

You must have a sixth sense if you can hear typed text! :-D But yes indeed we're interested in customisation, not only mini-figures, but ship sails, cannons and even piggies (The Imperial Guards need their ham)...

Mr JoshW, do you know if anybody has printed those custom pirate torsos and applied them to a mini-figure?

Dang it, you found me out! Hearing typed text is my super power. Don't tell anyone, okay? I have not seen any printed out versions of Anthony's pirate torsos. A number of people have used his custom factions (Silvan Moon, etc.), and I modified one of his forestmen for a custom fig I made, but I haven't seen the pirates used yet.

Josh

Like I said I would post...My Red gaurd admiral!

IMG_8522.jpg

I love simple designs...And smileys, they look great.

Evil Willy, I'll be brutally honest... That was a bit of an anticlimax! This is just like a normal Imperial Guard with an Admirals toros. The average person wouldn't even notice!

Actually I do Mr. Phes. Well, he's not an imperial guard or something, but was my Pirate Captain, Jack Newfounder (the Role playing character). Here's a shot of him from the Monkey Skull Island: here . The picture isn't that clear so I'll post a link to the torso itself: the torso. I hope that helps.

973px14.jpg

Ahhh yes, I see what you mean, this torso could work very well on pirate! Are there any more in the Ninja theme which you think is suitable for use with pirates?

Hmm.. I don't know. Most of the torsos in that genre include shriukens(possible typo), but the gold freckled leg pieces can be used. Also the Emperor torso with dragons on it(refer to my avatar) can be used for a more oriental pirate :-).

Well I like the clenliness of him...His one white blove etc. And people do notice, believe me for some reason he stands out very much in my rather crowded imperial trading post. Heh but we all have our own preferences.

The fact is im a HUGE fan of shako's. And my brother is a fan of tricone hats...Hmm my memory is blank, is that what u call emm, tricorn? anyways so He traded with me all the shakos he had on HIS blue figs for tricorns...I kept a few for a liutenant. But other than that they all have shakos. And of course the blue coats that are mine have shakos :-D

Well I like the clenliness of him...His one white blove etc. And people do notice, believe me for some reason he stands out very much in my rather crowded imperial trading post. Heh but we all have our own preferences.

Evil Willy have you been drinking too much rum again? I assume you mean cleanliness and glove.

But you're right, we all have our own preferences and its interesting to see how other interperate this mini-figure. Who else have you shown for other people to notice the difference?

Im not sure I quite understand what you mean Mister Phes in your question...Care to..Eh...Simplify? As for the rum part...Evil Willy may have :-D But I believe William Poulin was just typing to fast.

Willy who is Evil, you wrote "And people do notice, believe me for some reason he stands out very much in my rather crowded imperial trading post."

I was wondering who these people are that notice that your mini-figure stands out?

Ahh well those would be me family Sir. Visitors of my home, whom I show my collection that I am very proud to have. Many many people have come and gone...All very much liking everything I have. That MF being a nice one.

Ahhhhhh excellent, you have observers of your collection - that's something I am without. What is there response to seeing this mini-figure? Does it stand it immediately or do they need to have a thorough inspection before it stirkes them?

Of course people dont go OOO WOW!, they do that for my ships :D Most people that look at my LEGO know nothing about LEGO so... But anyways yes some do say it is rather nice. Mostley people I show it too. My parents brother etc..My friends.

I want to know what pieces I should use to create a more fancy looking Admiral than the ones we see in the pirate sets.

I don't care what torsos I use, as long as they fit the time period (1600s-1800s). Would replacing the admirals arms with white arms do anything, or are there better torsos? Only limitation is I would like it to be a lighter color. Actually, as long as its not black.

I have a good one for the Pirate Captain, but I need one for my big Grand Admiral or whatever.

Getting back to Mr Stings origional query... Has mr Sting been online lately? I'm curious to know whether he ended up creating this Admiral that we're all posting about!