Sign in to follow this  
Knightsword

MOC Z-95 Headhunter

indexed.gif

Here is my take on the Z-95 Headhunter, when they released the new version of the X-Wing in 2004, I decided to turn the old version into this, which didn't take much work, but since then I've changed a few parts here and there, its made up of old gray and red. The pic's are little old, I'll likely take some new ones at some point.

Front

Z-95Front.JPG

Left Side

Z-95LeftSide.JPG

Right Side

Z-95RightSide.JPG

Rear

Z-95Rear.JPG

Z-95Top.JPG

Attack Position

Z-95AttackPosition.JPG

Edited by KimT

This is a really good start on a Z-95 Headhunter MOC. There are a few things I think that could be done to make it a lot more accurate:

1) Make the nose more like that of the X-Wing (more bulbous rather than smooth).

2) The wings need to be quite a bit longer, and actually, the slopes that are at the base of the wings don't need to be there.

3) The wing pieces should be square at the back rather than sloped like an X-Wing.

If you can adjust these few things I think you'll have a GREAT looking Z-95 Headhunter.

Here's a great pic of a Z-95: http://www.jedidesigns.com/picture_library...0HEADHUNTER.jpg

And a picture of an X-Wing to compare the nose portion: http://www.eclectric-fx.com/model/images/xwing.jpg

Yes, I know the differences, but the Z-95 is one of the most modified fighters in the galaxy and unless they are a part of a fleet or built at the same time, most tend to be unique. Early Z-95's also had S-Foils and opening wings. There is also the case of the Z-95's from Han Solo and the Corporate Sector, that look nothing like the versions we see today. Do a google image search and see what I mean.

Edited by Knightsword

I forgot about that. I was thinking of the ones that I remember from the old tie Fighter PC game and X-Wing: Alliance from several years back. All of them in those games were the same due to the limitations of the programs and the interests of saving space by having all the fighters looks the same. Those two PC games are my primary basis for my knowledge about Z-95s since the only E.U. novels I have read are the first one by Timothy Zahn.

It still looks great though!

Thanks, the other part is the Lego in joke, since its made from the first Lego X-Wing, its the precursor to the 2004/2006 version and I didn't have the heart to completely scrap it. Mrb18's Z-95 is really awesome though and is spot on for the pic you posted. My SW background comes from the EU novels (pre NJO) and comics, and all the editions of the role playing game and various video games.

Edited by Knightsword