Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse: The Great Gate

What to do? Remember to read the post before voting though.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which way to go?

• Through the gate to Swarm territory! You'll need to get there fast despite the dangers if this is important!
    • Go around. The Swarm Territory is simply too dangerous and their is no rush on such an obscure lead.
  2. 2. Bring any Brotherhood members along?

• Yes, you'll need them in danger and you can spare the several hours it will take for preparation.
    • No, time is vital in this world, proceed as planned.

I'm sorry, but the promise of a free make up kit was only the bait to lure you here! Muhahaha!

Anyway, hello and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse! :skull:

p1270360.jpg

If you are not familiar with this storyline then hurry up and read the rest before catchup becomes near impossible :tongue:

The Introduction

Part 1 - Safe Season

Part 1.5 - Strangers

Part 2 - Surviving

Part 2.5 - The Deadzone

Part 3 - Mistakes

Part 3.5 - Captured

Part 4 - Where Loyalties Lie

Part 4.5 - Xenu's Sea Fortress

Part 5 - The Battle

Part 6 - The Prison

Part 7 - The Ambush

Part 8 - Sondra's Ship

First of all IA followers I' so sorry again for the delay. This time I have an excuse though, seeing as I was away at my shack for two weeks without internet, so I was unable to finish it. Hopefully the next one will be quicker!

Last session you decided go along with Sheckles' (the crazy man who was imprisoned with you for high treason against Lord Dragonator) apparent knowledge of something Dragonator is desperately searching for (hence his forces being spread further in recent parts). You decided to take Sondra with you. While this has proven most valuable for you and her their remains the small problem of the treasure lying right in the middle of Swarm territory. You come to a halt at the Great Gate:

p1270251.jpg

Created by The Brotherhood before Sondra became their ally and leader (this was following the dissapearance of their original leader many years ago, see previous IA), The Great Gate was constructed to keep the rampaging hordes of The Swarm out of vital land:

p1270250.jpg

Spanning many miles (just ignore that this one has "ends" because I couldn't make it endless) the Great Gate still remains unbroken:

p1270245.jpg

Though only two at a time, The Brotherhood's gate watchmen ensure the safety of no breaches by targeting and destroying larger threats:

p1270258.jpg

Breaches away from the gate are astonomical in chances given that the ridge that forms the wall spirals out from The Deadzone (hellish part of the Earth) which consists of some of the toughest rock known. Still, barbed wire and spikes prevent any slight chances of scaling:

p1270254.jpg

And the rear side of the ridge bears a set of spikes too:

p1270294.jpg

Another pic.

The gate side facing The Swarm is also given as many spiky pints as possible, as some creatures just won't give up:

p1270287.jpg

The problem is however, that the map demands you go through the gates, right through Swarm territory:

p1270281.jpg

And it's going to be even harder than it looks:

p1270285.jpg

And it looks hard.

Only a small wall separates you from victory, or death:

p1270311.jpg

And it's one Sheckles wants you to cross (love this shot so much):

p1270351.jpg

So do you go through it?

p1270383.jpg

Now each Crow's nest has a box for weapons close quarters and long, varying in devastation from bullets to grenades. The other crate holds food and water canteens:

p1270291.jpg

A lot for Dragonator but also for me (in my case building them though) and everyone else who loves the different critters on IA a few new ones have come:

p1270318.jpg

These frightening cyborgs seem to be classed in the intelligent "Mutants" class for now. No one knows where they come from, but they seem to come from the general direction of where the treasure is. They are highly irradiated from prolonged exposure to uranium or other exposed harmful waste. However despite being seen in The Swarm their behaviour is erratic and more territorial, they seem to always return to where they came from, and are sometimes seen even killing Swarm members...

p1270319.jpg

Unfourtunately the treasure may very well lie near the heart of wherever parts of The Swarm is spawning from, past the gate.

Now these slimy humanoids are in the "Abomination" class as an entirely new species (the four classes are Undead, Mutant, Zombie and Abomination). They are often seen vomiting glowing green substances:

p1270321.jpg

The Jumper:

p1270324.jpg

These large yellowe frogs or "Jumpers" as they are called are relatively harmless via attack and even edible. Edible that is, is one is able to remove the poisonous glands successfully. No surprise then given the equal "harmless but poisonous" traits, Jumpers are often seen near Weezlets:

p1270326.jpg

Tinycrab:

p1270327.jpg

The ironically named Tinycrab is a massive eating carnivourous crustacean that is also see in the Deadzone.:

p1270330.jpg

These creatures are a number one priority to kill with the Gate watchmen. Out of armoured shell they look like this:

p1270333.jpg

Snacking on food:

p1270347.jpg

More pics here: Clicky!

And finally, in proof that bigger is not always the larger threat, every so often flame throwers must be used to eradicate a rogue line of flesh eating ants, lest they invade:

p1270361.jpg

p1270376.jpg

So here are your choices. Go through the gate as soon as the next wave of Swarm is eradicated or dispelled and take your chances getting to the "treasure" quick, or instead go right around the ridge miles away from the gate, far away from The Swarm. One is dangerous but quick, one safe but slow.

Your other choice is too call in reinforcements via Sondra. Though feeling much better now she still maintains a cold facade, convinced her men are not needed and a better spent on less trivial tasks. You are not so sure. She wishes to finish this "wild goose chase" as quick as possible so calling in help will take a long time and try her patience with you. So wing it? Or call in the cavalry?

Choose wisely but surely, the world is closing in on all sides and sometimes one simple choice may decide the difference between death, life and all in between.

Now a couple of dayshots:

p1270388.jpg

p1270390.jpg

Can you survive?

p1270340.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it. Like earlier post I'm still focusing on character dynamic but now I'm taking a different approach to it that's a bit more subtle as to not ruin your fun. sorry again for the lateness but know that this is also because I've completed the final thoughts as to the next epic part (the part still changes deciding on what you vote don't worry). You might notice some things very old and new are tying together now, there are several threads that are coming to head here involving the treasure, The Swarm, Dragonator, The Brotherhood and Sheckles among other things.

Also, just for fun here is the entire Swarm from the moc:

p1270312.jpg

Anyone who can name every monster in the pic first gets to cameo in the next IA chapter!

You can find the closeups here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362618

And the names are in my folder too. Have fun!

Comments appreciated and thanks for looking!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great new part, BatBrick! I always love to see yout IA creations and creatures :wub:

I chose to go through the gate, but only after the reinforcements arrive. Sonda's attitude seems too much like a: 'Go and end this poor life with a last big burst' :look:

LuxorV

Excellent part Batbrick! This might be my favourite! (I love gates separating two different 'worlds') Hope to see them go through. Can't wait for the next part!

Aw crap, I got so far into naming all the creatures (including the Djander Bird, Boulder Crab, Thorny Granyl Reptile and Trondosaur) and then when I went to add another name the text was gone, and no amount of Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-Y would bring it back. And there was no 'back' or 'forward' in pages. :cry_sad:

Anyway, great new chapter, Batbrick! That is one sweet wall. Vicious thing, that is.

I voted to go around and bring more troops with you. Perhaps the strangest combination, but I reckon better safe than sorry.

Of course, another part want me to call in reinforcements and go through Swarm territory, but I don't want all Sondra's troops getting carved up while you barely escape alive - or worse. :look:

Looking forward to the decision, keep it up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A few things:

First, you builds have been steadyily getting better, with this one being the best.

Secondly, i love the crab tons! It's very cool.

Thirdly, this build has an insane amount of detail.

Now I'm off to vote.

Do it! Go on, you know you want to... :devil:

Another exciting installation Batbrick, that gate is quite impressive! I am interested to see what is going to happen. I think you should head through that gate right now, because that would be really cool and it might even get you killed. :skull: Seriously though, I may be the bad guy, but if you die then there won't be any more IA for me to rule the world in, so I'm sure you can trust that my decision is in your best interests. Really. See this big innocent smile on my face? :sweet:

I love the critters Batbrick, really cool! The Tinycrab is my favourite, that is just so neat. :wub: I laughed at the flesh eating ants, although I personally think you should buy a couple of hundred of the Indy ones and use those. :wink::laugh: The Jumper is also really nice, a great use of parts. I like the minifig additions too, they fit into the swarm nicely. I see a plot twist coming involving the Cyborgs. What could it be? I am full of anticipation.

So yes, that's about all. Oh wait, a message from our sponsor.

Know this EB, no matter what you decide, no matter what you may do, I will always win in the end. You may as well give up now (why isn't that an option? :tongue: ). Continue to defy me, and I will feed you to Killer! Mwahahaha!!! :devil:

Oh how charming. :hmpf: Anyway, please, as you were. Ignore this crazy world-dominating mastermind. He's crazy. :grin:

I will rule the Universe, not only now but in all time, past, present and future! Nobody will defy me, not now, and never before! Does that make sense!? No, and that's why I'm so crazy!! Muhaha!!! Muhahahahaha!!!! Muha-

Really, shut it, you're embarrassing me. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry. :blush:

IA!!! Yaya!!!! I was quite excited when I saw this under new topics! :cry_happy: Yet another great chapter :thumbup:

I said that you should wait for sondra then go strait through the swarm area :devil:

I wonder whats in the centre :oh: Guess we'll have to wait and see!

First, I love the gate, very well built. Nice and spiky.

Second, I voted to go around, and to bring just a few people along. This is no place to get caught alone.

Third, it appears I am the first person to try to name every creature in your pic:

Also, just for fun here is the entire Swarm from the moc:

p1270312.jpg

Anyone who can name every monster in the pic first gets to cameo in the next IA chapter!

You can find the closeups here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362618

From right to left:

Undead, One of your new unnamed "frightening cyborgs", Your lovely new Tinycrab, a Pyro, an unnamed red mutant, A boulder-crab, A HP troll with a pole-arm that that has not appeared an any previous sessions of IA, and is unnamed in this one, A Djander Bird, another Undead, a zombie-looking dude that has not appeared before now and is unnamed, a vomiting slimy humanoid, a Trondosaur, a Weezlet, a runt, another vomiting slimy humanoid, what appears to be a runt (it's hard to tell behind the fire), an unnamed robot (somewhere between a flame-bot and Bot 99), a Thorny-Granyl, the other "frightening cyborg, an unnamed gray thing- probably a mutant, a pyro, another pyro, a black undead, a runt, an unnamed monster-looks like a combo between two of your zombies, an unnamed bane headed scarecrow I have never seen before now, another new creature-looks like one of your mutants grew a beard and got a change of pants, an undead, a creeper, a queen runt, a new jumper, and last, yoda-also new and unnamed, although you did previously have an abomination with the yoda head.

-Whew. It took longer to find all of their names than I thought it would. Or at least as many I could, some of them had no true name, just a description, and some had no description at all, just the picture.

Finally another IA! :sweet: Not the best one, I must say, though. :sadnew: Although the gate is really, really nice, it's simply that: just a gate. :sceptic: The new swarm monsters are very cool, though, especially the Not-so-tiny-crab. :thumbup::grin:

Looking at all that Swarm behind the gate, I wouldn't go though there with anything less than a tank! So, I voted to go around it. I also voted to take Brotherhood members with me. We aren't really in a hurry, and the path to the treasure will be dangerous either way, I'm sure. :wink: I just hope that them leaving their post at the gate wont result in the Swarm creatures breaking out and attacking the rest of the Brotherhood while we are gone... :look:

p1270312.jpg

I shall attempt it! :grin:

EDIT: Oh darn! SCG beat me to it! :cry_sad: Oh well. :sadnew:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This is my first time reading IA. I started by reading the other IA's and I like it. :classic: An interesting story with a really cool twist! :sweet: Great idea! :thumbup:

Of course... a monstrous tremendous behemoth of a gate full of spikes... what else!

A very cool idea and perfectly executed too. Keep the Swarm out of the kitchen on! :thumbup:

Move in fast and on your own... velocity´s your best friend... at least I hope so. :grin:

I picked odd choices. I decided that we need to go slow and safe, yet that we couldn't waste time by getting other people. :wacko:

Anyway, nice gate. :wub: I'm unsure about some of the random mutants, but your brickbuilt things are always great. :wub:

Great job! Somehow I missed the last installment, but I'm glad I caught this one. I'll be anxiously awaiting the next chapter. I'll go vote now.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! I'm so glad to be part of such a nice community, so thanks a heap for all the replies! :cry_happy:

Aw crap, I got so far into naming all the creatures (including the Djander Bird, Boulder Crab, Thorny Granyl Reptile and Trondosaur) and then when I went to add another name the text was gone, and no amount of Ctrl-Z or Ctrl-Y would bring it back. And there was no 'back' or 'forward' in pages. :cry_sad:

Anyway, great new chapter, Batbrick! That is one sweet wall. Vicious thing, that is.

Oh, you would have had it too! Next time then. Thanks too mate, much appreciated!

A few things:

First, you builds have been steadyily getting better, with this one being the best.

Secondly, i love the crab tons! It's very cool.

Thirdly, this build has an insane amount of detail

Thanks man, I agree IA has made my building skills improve with each installment. You are right about the details too, I am not overly-good at building techniques so I always try to make up for it in the little details.

That gate is my favorite moc (besides the death roller) that you've made!

Keep up the good work batbrick.

Thanks, I agree too, I'm still trying to one up that darned Death Roller!

Another exciting installation Batbrick, that gate is quite impressive! I am interested to see what is going to happen. I think you should head through that gate right now, because that would be really cool and it might even get you killed. :skull: Seriously though, I may be the bad guy, but if you die then there won't be any more IA for me to rule the world in, so I'm sure you can trust that my decision is in your best interests. Really. See this big innocent smile on my face? :sweet:

I love the critters Batbrick, really cool! The Tinycrab is my favourite, that is just so neat. :wub: I laughed at the flesh eating ants, although I personally think you should buy a couple of hundred of the Indy ones and use those. :wink::laugh: The Jumper is also really nice, a great use of parts. I like the minifig additions too, they fit into the swarm nicely. I see a plot twist coming involving the Cyborgs. What could it be? I am full of anticipation.

Thanks Dragonator mate, your the best homicidal genocidal worl conquering maniac a guy could ever have :wub:

I'm glad you like that crab too!

Undead, One of your new unnamed "frightening cyborgs", Your lovely new Tinycrab, a Pyro, an unnamed red mutant, A boulder-crab, A HP troll with a pole-arm that that has not appeared an any previous sessions of IA, and is unnamed in this one, A Djander Bird, another Undead, a zombie-looking dude that has not appeared before now and is unnamed, a vomiting slimy humanoid, a Trondosaur, a Weezlet, a runt, another vomiting slimy humanoid, what appears to be a runt (it's hard to tell behind the fire), an unnamed robot (somewhere between a flame-bot and Bot 99), a Thorny-Granyl, the other "frightening cyborg, an unnamed gray thing- probably a mutant, a pyro, another pyro, a black undead, a runt, an unnamed monster-looks like a combo between two of your zombies, an unnamed bane headed scarecrow I have never seen before now, another new creature-looks like one of your mutants grew a beard and got a change of pants, an undead, a creeper, a queen runt, a new jumper, and last, yoda-also new and unnamed, although you did previously have an abomination with the yoda head.

-Whew. It took longer to find all of their names than I thought it would. Or at least as many I could, some of them had no true name, just a description, and some had no description at all, just the picture.

WOW! I'm in awe, I only asked for people to name the creatures, not the mutants, undead etc, but you did it! WOW! :oh3:

You are definitely getting a role now! WOW! :laugh: Great job!

Finally another IA! :sweet: Not the best one, I must say, though. :sadnew: Although the gate is really, really nice, it's simply that: just a gate. :sceptic: The new swarm monsters are very cool, though, especially the Not-so-tiny-crab. :thumbup::grin:

To be fair, while I agree this isn't the best one, this is really just a way of introducing a decision that unlike previous entries, doesn't hinge on a problem you see coming. Your decisions here will affect the next massive part of the plot. The calm before the storm if you will. Thanks for that though :sweet:

This is my first time reading IA. I started by reading the other IA's and I like it. :classic: An interesting story with a really cool twist! :sweet: Great idea! :thumbup:

Thanks friend! Always good to have new readers!

Anyway, nice gate. :wub: I'm unsure about some of the random mutants, but your brickbuilt things are always great. :wub:

Thanks Mr. Mandalorian, appreciated as always. I agree with you some of the mutants could've been better, I wanted a few more and now feel like I cobbled them together.

Thanks again everyone!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Batbrick, sorry for my late particpation.

As usual, this is still a great IA installment. The great wall that fortify its borders are very strong. I love the built of it. For my choices, I will go through the Gate to Swarm Territory with my brotherhood members to support me. There is no way, I could survive along in that rampage.