Sign in to follow this  
Knightsword

Corran Horn's X-Wing.

indexed.gif

Based off the covers of the X-Wing novels, where its the standard alliance white, with green rogue markings, opposed to the Cor Sec green X-Wing with dark green markings. The parts are from bricklink and and is mainly white and I used the 2006 X-Wing as a guide for replacing the red with green. I do plan on replacing the light blay hing piece with a white one when it arrives. Corran is made up of an A-Wing pilot body and legs, Mutt's head from Indiana Jones, CW Anakin's hair, standard small SW Blaster, and blank SW pilot helmet. not shown is the blue lightsaber he finds in book 3 of the X-Wing Series. Whistler is an R2-R7 from the Republic Cruiser.

Corran and Whistler

CorranandWhistler.JPG

The X-Wing

Front

CorransX-WingFront.JPG

Left

CorransX-WingLeftSide.JPG

Right

CorransX-WingRightSide.JPG

Rear

CorransX-WingRear.JPG

CorransX-WingTop.JPG

Attack Position

CorransX-WingAttackPosition.JPG

Ho! Quite a beauty. Nice to see another original rather than the oversued red. Not a fan of Corrna, but I love yours. You might actually want to add a few pieces of light grey. Using only 2 colours makes it look too unlike the original, in my opinon.

I like it. :thumbup: It is good to see a different kind of X-Wing. I agree with Motti though, try to add some light grey so it looks more original.

JD

The purpose of no gray was to make it look "new" and to make it different from the original. Originally it was just gonna be white with the same detailing as my other custom X-wings, but I decided to go all out and added the extra green. Also the X-Wings have always been called white, its weathering and carbon scoring that gives them the "gray" look, same with the tan.

Really nice. It's amazing how a little color switch can make an old model fresh. I particularly like the white guns instead of the old model's gray guns.

Very nicely done! This is a very good looking X-Wing. Any chance of placing both X-Wings side by side for a comparison shot? :classic:

I like your use of the green astromech. (What's it's name again?) Also, could you take a comparison pic with the original X-wing?

Edited by Darth Legolas

I had to come into work today, when I get home later tonight, I'll take some comparison shots between '04, '06, this, and my other custom X-Wings

I like your use of the green astromech. (What's it's name again?) Also, could you take a comparison pic with the original X-wing?

I could be wrong, but since the title says: "Corran Horn's X-Wing", then I'd think his name would be "Corran Horn"

I am not sure though. And the little astromech's name is "Whistler".

The Astromech's name is Whistler, see title of the first pic :D

Huha! KimT though I was talking about the guy, not the R2-R7. And, thanks, I read the whistler part but my brain prevented me from reading R2-R7. :tongue:

Huha! KimT though I was talking about the guy, not the R2-R7. And, thanks, I read the whistler part but my brain prevented me from reading R2-R7. :tongue:

Bah! I did give you both names. :hmpf:

Funny thing is, the first time I saw R2-R7, the first thing that came to me was: "This would be perfect for Whistler". The hard part was coming up with Corran, as is I would like to replace torso with a green one with the normal pilot pattern opposed to the A-Wing pattern. The Mutt head had the right amount of "cockyness" to it and I had a couple CW Anakin hair pieces laying around, though a brown Mutt hair piece would work too. Another thing with Corran, is he is one of those character that's appearance changes, often due to him going undercover either back when he was in Cor Sec (Corellian Space Police, hehe), for different Rogue Op's or later Jedi missions.

I would also like to do the rest of the rogues (human ones at least, mainly due to lack of alien Lego pieces), I got a Jensen made, Tycho (Actually the young A-Wing pilot that leads off the TIEs in the Deathstar in RotJ) and Hobbie are up next, and I can use my Biggs (using a Sirius Black head) as a stand in for Gavin Darklighter.

Edited by Knightsword

It's looks very nice. :thumbup::classic:

I like the new look with only white and green.