fallentomato

Pirate Animal Costumes

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 52a

With the revival of the pirate theme, I have just had pirates on my mind. So it's not too surprising that I made a couple pirate-themed MOCs. I thought that non-pirate minifigs might want to celebrate the return of their long-lost friends. And what better way than to dress up like the three classic pirate animals? :monkey:fallentomato2.gif:shark:

3190309096_d4656a43f6.jpg

I'm proudest of the shark costume. The parrot costume was originally made for one of my brickfilms (not about pirates at all), but I think it works as a costume. The monkey I'm not entirely happy with, but brown it such a hard color to work in. I've thought about maybe doing another shark costume that is more in the big bobble head style of the other two. Hope you like them. :pir_laugh2:

Sweet! Maybe have someone dress up as a shark and swim around near a dock :)

Neat! :thumbup:

These wouldn't look out of place in a Theme Park :pir-laugh:

The monkey is actually my favourite, especially the ears! THe bottom jaw looks a little funny, but you did a great job nonetheless.

The shark's problem is inconsistency - the body and head don't merge all that well. It doesn't matter too much, as both sections are superb, but just need a matching bit to round them off.

The parrot is cute, and I like how you did the bill. Could you have had some arrangement down the back, to smooth the join between the head and body?

I love the shark, very clever idea!

Agreed. That helmet is a very sharky thing :pir-grin:

[...]

The monkey I'm not entirely happy with, but brown it such a hard color to work in.

[...]

In my opinion the Monkey looks awesome. Only a tail is missing. And a giant Q-tip... but thats a different story.

I love it ... specially the shark and the monkey looks great :pir_laugh2:

I like it, especially the parrot looks great. That's because I like parrots.

Nice build :thumbup:

A creation is always nice when there are parrots in it. :pir-tongue:

A build is not complete without parrots!!

These wouldn't look out of place in a Theme Park :pir-laugh:

They are actually for a Pirate themed Cruise Ship, so that's great to hear! :pir-laugh:

The shark's problem is inconsistency - the body and head don't merge all that well. It doesn't matter too much, as both sections are superb, but just need a matching bit to round them off.

Do you have any suggestions? I tried putting a 2x2 radar dish, but that only emphasized the gap between them more. The thing that bugs me is that I can't make them the same color grey. The helmet doesn't exist in dark bley and of course the cheese slopes don't exist in dark grey. :pir-sad:

The parrot is cute, and I like how you did the bill. Could you have had some arrangement down the back, to smooth the join between the head and body?

Sure! :pir_laugh2:

3211358809_a8eafe15a7.jpg

That's a good way to work in the tail feathers. Now if only I could make the arms more wing like...

In my opinion the Monkey looks awesome. Only a tail is missing.

3211359661_d696f0716e.jpg

That whip was just asking to be used for a monkey tail.

I started working on a shark costume more along the bobble headed look of the other two...

3211359313_299aa07788_o.jpg

It might be a little too big though. Maybe as a two person costume.

Thanks for all the great feedback! :shark:

Excellent job! A very carnival or mardi gras feeling. I might have to build a set of these for myself.

Please share any additions or future additions, they're great! :shark:

That's just great - I wasn't expecting this when I clicked the topic. Nice addition of a monkey tail and a parrot's "tail"

See if you can come up with other animals - you def. have the imagination to do it

Very well done! Frontpage material Mister Zorro? Check out tommorow's news item fallentomato. :pir-wink:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

They all look great fallentomato, very similar to their lego counterparts. :sweet:

I especially like the monkey, even more so now with the tail. All he needs now are a pair of cymbals. :laugh: It's a real shame that the whip and cheese slopes don't come in old brown though, as the different shades are a little distracting.

The parrot looks great too. I love the way you've made the beak, and the addition of the tail really adds to the parrot-look.

I can't say much about the shark, but it's looking good at the moment, though I agree it does look a tad too big. Perhaps using the viking horns rather than the stud teeth would help to shrink it a little.

Really, these are great. Thanks for sharing. :pir-classic:

These are really cool! I really like the parrot and the monkey. Can't wait to see more!