Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Baritones 2 Introduction & Discussion Thread

Despite winning the first round, the good people of Moonlight find themselves quickly outnumbered by mafia goons. Crime rises again and the townspeople live in fear. The mafia returned to Moonlight with a vengeance, as if they had something to prove from being run out of town in the first place. The innocent townspeople only have one chance to survive and turn their town back into the peaceful 'burb it was meant to be: the FBI.

After a string of busts and seizures the Baritones are at their wit's end. The FBI and local police seem to be one step ahead of that at every turn. They must face the ugly truth: there must be rats among them...

banner.jpg

In Baritones 2, you will be playing as the mafia. Your objective will be to find and whack (not The Whacker and the Walrus kind) all the informants among you. :devil:

Characters & Players:

(Apologies to anyone I couldn't include. I chose by people who had played games before, with a couple exceptions. It wasn't easy to take people off the list, but since this is a sequel, I wanted to be...well...elitist about it. Sorry. :blush: Please feel free to kick me if you ever meet me...just not in the megablocks please. :cry_sad: )

The Made Men

sig_dragonatieri.jpgavatar_dragonatieri.jpg

Dragonatieri played by Dragonator

sig_tony.jpgavatar_tony.jpg

Tony played by Atoll Dweller

sig_richie.jpgavatar_richie.jpg

Richie played by ricecracker

sig_johnny_blue.jpgavatar_johnny_blue.jpg

Johnny Blue played by Jlblue

sig_quarrioni.jpgavatar_quarrioni.jpg

Quarrioni played by Quarryman

sig_trexxisanti.jpgavatar_trexxisanti.jpg

Trexxisanti played by Trexxen

The Wives

I chose all the characters at random and Zepher is still a woman. :hmpf:

sig_alicia.jpgavatar_alicia.jpg

Alicia played by Alice

sig_adalaide.jpgavatar_adalaide.jpg

Adalaide played by Adam

sig_leann.jpgavatar_leann.jpg

LeAnn played by lego12

sig_pavarti.jpgavatar_pavarti.jpg

Pavarti played by ptdapen

sig_zabrina.jpgavatar_zabrina.jpg

Zabrina played by Zepher

sig_wynona.jpgavatar_wynona.jpg

Wynona played by wouwie13

The Captains

sig_perry.jpgavatar_perry.jpg

Perry Blockioli played by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

sig_piav.jpgavatar_piav.jpg

Piav Blockioli played by TinyPiesRUs

sig_willie_fangolie.jpgavatar_willie_fangolie.jpg

Willie Fangolie played by WhiteFang

sig_dickie.jpgavatar_dickie.jpg

Dickie played by Sir Dillon

sig_inertiatieri.jpgavatar_inertiatieri.jpg

Inertiatieri played by Inertia

The "Fronts"

Business owners who allow their businesses to be used as a front for the Baritones to launder their money through...

sig_stanton.jpgavatar_stanton.jpg

Stanton played by stash2sixx

sig_boyd.jpgavatar_boyd.jpg

Boyd played by Bob the construction man

sig_ian.jpgavatar_ian.jpg

Ian played by ImperialShadows

sig_pedro.jpgavatar_pedro.jpg

Pedro played by Pencoin

Feel free to add your avatar to your profile now, character descriptions will be out by the end of the week and the game will begin next week. :sweet:

Last but not least,

The Reserves

In case of quitters...

Kill will

Darth Legois

iamded

Jim Butcher

Tim Bit

Da Death Star!

Wow I got in, I was actually not expecting to get in. Thanks Hinckley!

Can't wait for the gme to start.

And you complain that the names I come up with are hard to remember!? :tongue:

This should be interesting, certainly a unique twist that I have never come across before. I think I'm going to enjoy this immensely... :devil:

Wait, so I'm a Bastard Baritone! :oh3: Wait till I tell Florence... :skull:

And you complain that the names I come up with are hard to remember!? :tongue:

This should be interesting, certainly a unique twist that I have never come across before. I think I'm going to enjoy this immensely... :devil:

Someone else came up with the idea during the last Baritones. I'll have to do a search to remember who so I can credit them. The beginning of the game should be rather unique as well...

And everyone's name is based on their own username so I would hope it'd be at least easier than yours to remember... :tongue:

My reletive Perry bears striking resemblance to Lee... I can only hope their similarity is just in appearance. :tongue:

A very nice twist indeed, I'm looking forward to this. :classic:

My reletive Perry bears striking resemblance to Lee... I can only hope their similarity is just in appearance. :tongue:

I noticed that when I was editing the pictures. :laugh: You'll notice that LeAnn has a striking resemblance to Betty. :wacko:

Ian looks very orange blue collar. He should be quite a departure from dear Ivan, the former KGB agent turned chef. I can work with this. :thumbup:

Let's not bother ol' Flo with the details. That Ivan was a real piece of work, stupid megablocker. Wonder what happened to him, anyway...

Someone else came up with the idea during the last Baritones. I'll have to do a search to remember who so I can credit them. The beginning of the game should be rather unique as well...

And everyone's name is based on their own username so I would hope it'd be at least easier than yours to remember... :tongue:

It was me, and i didn't make the cut as a character, how sad :cry_sad: Iscreamateari!

I reckon I better get on that reserve list then, unless Iris is making a cameo comeback!

Wont someone think of the childrens

Oh, nevermind I just noticed the 10 day old thread for signing up :blush: Enjoy people, if its as good as the last one it will be insane!

Edited by I Scream Clone

Last but not least,

The Reserves

In case of quitters...

Darth Legois

I hope atleast 2 people quit :laugh::devil::tongue:

Hmm this is a good twist :thumbup::classic:

I look forward to watching and hopefully participating [is it posilbe is some people die [Duh its a mafia game :tongue: ] the reserves could go in? Not all but maybe afew...?] :look:

*wonders who that hot Alicia is married to* Always good to see a dame who isn't afraid to show a bit o' cleavage, huh? :devil:

I noticed that when I was editing the pictures. :laugh: You'll notice that LeAnn has a striking resemblance to Betty. :wacko:

Ivan has informed me that Zabrina bears a great similarity to the lovely Florence, which is both confusing and slightly exciting for him. I'm more than a little disturbed by the whole thing, but certainly amused to see the return of Ms. Zepher in another round of Mafia fun.

Well, I'm glad I'm on the reserve list. This'll give me an excuse a reason to read through thoroughly and play close attention to the going ons in the town of Moonlight. :grin:

~Peace

Edited by iamded

I cant believe I made the cut! Thanks Hinckley, I will be sure to not disappoint you!... Any suits of armor lying around for a grand entry? My Sig and Avatar updated!

Sad to see ISC did not sign up in time. I wonder if I get a wife? Can not wait for it to begin!

Regards, Cpt. PB

Ah, this is going to be fun :grin:

I see that I'm standing together with Pavarti, does that mean we're married? (if it does, woe on me. She looks like a paranoid witchbitch that sees rats everywhere, guess I won't get a moment's peace :hmpf:)

And whatever happened to that sweet crossdressing construction worker? :blush:

Quick question!

sig_ian.jpg

Is that a dark blue or black helmet? I always build my sigfig for these things and need to confirm that for accuracy.

Thanks!

Yay! I made it in!

Somehow I look like a 'Gangsta', as they call it nowadays... :laugh::wacko::grin:

I need to get on BL and Make this guy!

Imperialshadows, It looks like a Black Helmet, i don't think it ever came in Dark Blue... But I could be wrong :wink:

Imperialshadows, It looks like a Black Helmet, i don't think it ever came in Dark Blue... But I could be wrong :wink:

That was my first reaction, but comparing it to other helmets and black hats in the lineup, it looks dark blue to me. While it never officially came out in that colour, it does exist, and it would be just like Hinck to be sneaky and slip one in (I have one, fortunately). :grin:

In my analysis of the said hat, I must agree that the hat is black.

If one is to examine the picture as a whole it can have a blueish reflection, however when covering up the torso, ie the strong orange in the picture it is black. The opposite colour to orange is blue so your eye compensates the heavy orange to be blue.

Same thing that happens here...

Stare at the middle of this picture for two minutes then look away and stare at a blank wall...

US_flag(inverted).png

Any Americans feeling patriotic now.

Some times all the information provided can be distracting, and just selecting little bits (like what you already know) can help, this applies to those playing mystery games as well. A good lesson to learn.

That said, photography can be miss leading. Dwell on this lesson you must! for it is saying something beyond what is seen.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Pete? I know no Pete...

You talking ta me? I saiid, You taallking ta MEE!

*female canine slaps*

I'm Perry, Perry Blockioli, no Petes, here.

Now getta outa ma face! Or i'll stick what your holding where da sun don't shine.

Da, Cpt. PB

Hey, it seemed this is Sky's twin Brother. I am indeed viewing double of the different outfit. :tongue:

I am Willie Fangolie! Nice to meet all of you. It seemed this shall be a new game orientation too. :devil:

Pete? I know no Pete...

You talking ta me? I saiid, You taallking ta MEE!

*female canine slaps*

I'm Perry, Perry Blockioli, no Petes, here.

Now getta outa ma face! Or i'll stick what your holding where da sun don't shine.

Da, Cpt. PB

Shat ap ya stinken Barryton!

If one is to examine the picture as a whole it can have a blueish reflection, however when covering up the torso, ie the strong orange in the picture it is black. The opposite colour to orange is blue so your eye compensates the heavy orange to be blue.

Then the camera was tricked as well. If you take all the images and put them side by side in a good photo editor and sample the colours, that one is much more blue than the rest.

Therefore, we're either dealing with a dark blue hat, or bad photography. Now personally, I think Hinck is one of the best photographers around, so I'm not entirely sure I can agree with your backhanded comment concerning his talent. :look:

Even if it's black, I hope he says it's dark blue now, Mr. Wizard. :tongue:

Stare at the middle of this picture for two minutes then look away and stare at a blank wall...

*throws up on Perry* :sick:

I stared too long and got all queasy, maybe it was the three plates of calamari I had last night.

Some times all the information provided can be distracting, and just selecting little bits (like what you already know) can help, this applies to those playing mystery games as well. A good lesson to learn.

That said, photography can be miss leading. Dwell on this lesson you must! for it is saying something beyond what is seen.

Uh huh. Don't be a backseat Mystery solver, yodapants. Oh, and who is this Miss Leading dame or are you being misleading? :tongue:

Shat ap ya stinken Barryton!

:tongue:

Don't ya forget, who is keepin' ya business safe from an accidental fire...

Shame you cant afford insurance with all the money you are fronting us...

We can always give Ian the extra business!

EDIT - On second thought...

I was not insulting the photographer, simply photography it self, as for the artist behind it. I agree one of the best I know.

I am no back seat mystery SOLVER, I am an admiring fan, if you must know. I have not said anything more than what Dragonator has.

So poo on you! :tongue:

As for this sick I am now wearing... smells of fish and bread crumbs *tastes a bit* Yup, as I thought, not fresh... But well cooked.

I now see why Ivan's cooking was so popular and the death rate so high!

:tongue:

Don't ya forget, who is keepin' ya business safe from an accidental fire...

Shame you cant afford insurance with all the money you are fronting us...

We can always give Ian the extra business!

An don't ya fargat dat I ken ret ya owt to da polace.