8397 Pirate Survival  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Well I got a buttload of new pirate sets for Christmas, and we recently got a new camera, so I figured I'd do a review of the two impulse sets. Here we go...

Pirate Survival

Set # 8397

$3.49 USD

16 pieces

Minifigure

101_0181.jpg

Standard pirate. I would have to say he is one of my favorites of the entire line. The torso is just wonderful, and so are the dark green cap and legs. Accesories are brown shotgun (new piece to me) and the new silver fish on a stick. The new fish piece is great, one of my favorites of 2009. I'm glad they released it in a cheap set.

The Set

101_0197.jpg

Not much at all to build, in fact, this fire is probably the most involved part build-wise. I would have rathered a fire more like the one in the Indy Julgle Duel set, but this works too. I like that this is normal orange, and not neon.

101_0206.jpg

This nifty little crate is also included. First seen in the Indy Motorcycle chase, this crate mold is another one of my new favorites. It comes with two gems, in green and red.

101_0204.jpg

Last but not least, the set has a minfig pickaxe and a red snake. I have loads of snakes, but the pickaxe is a welcome to my collection.

Overall

For $3.49, this set is definately reccomended. It has plenty of nice new pieces, and a fantastic minfigure. I would get it if you see it at the store, or add it to your next S@H order.

Price 5/10- 16 pieces for $3.50 seems a little much, but the new pieces/minifig makes up for it

Minifig 10/10- Fantastic, nothing wrong here

Pieces 9/10- The nice orange flame, the new fish, and the crate are all great to find in a nice set, and good to have doubles of. :pir-wub:

Overall 9/10- A great little set, would definately reccomend it.

I had a picture of the set as a whole, but I must've accidentally deleted it. :pir-blush:

Hope you enjoyed the review!

-darthperson

Nice review - and congrats on all your new LEGO

Sorry about the blurry images - you should try to take pictures of those things again, but with the "macro" effect turned on, on your camera - that way you can get sharp pictures of things that a re really close.

The "macro" function is a little logo that looks like a tulip - you should be able to turn the function on in your camera's "auto" mode easily

Oh, what a nice little set. I want it mainly for the fish! And the gun, of course. The crate and jewels could come in handy a well.

Thanks for the review.

Valedico,

The Gladiator VBBN

Nice review - and congrats on all your new LEGO

Sorry about the blurry images - you should try to take pictures of those things again, but with the "macro" effect turned on, on your camera - that way you can get sharp pictures of things that a re really close.

The "macro" function is a little logo that looks like a tulip - you should be able to turn the function on in your camera's "auto" mode easily

I did use that macro tulip thing. Surprisingly, those are all the clearest pictures I could take. :imperialguard_commander1:

Thanks for the feedback!

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson