14 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Trouble on the high seas!

No not pirates, Breakjaw, one of Dr Inferno's Henchmen has captured Agent Trace. Breakjaw intends on feeding her to the terrible cyborg sharks! Will Agent Chase rescue her in time?

Set Description

Set Name: Agents Mission 4: Speedboat Rescue

Year of release: 2008

Set Number: #8633

Pieces: 340

Minifigures: 3 (5 if you count sharks :wink: )

Price: 40.99 Eur/29.35 Pound/39.99 Dollars US/ 59.99 Au Dollars

Brickset

Bricklink

S@H

Box

I must admit I really like the box art for this set, and the Agents Colour scheme is very eye catching (without haveing to be lime green) This is Mission 4 out of 7, with Dr Inferno's base not being a numbered mission. All out action is seen on the box, showing all the characters in the midst of good ol fashioned spy action.

8633-1.jpg

Instructions

The instruction cover is the standard copy of the box art, I assume to make matching up sets a lot easier.

1.jpg

Stickers

In order to make these Agents sets really stand out, TLC has used stickers. I don't usually like the dreaded sticker sheet, but in this case I feel they serve a purpose in adding flair to this set.

2.jpg

Minifigures

A standard Agent Chase is included (hey, he's the man!) Token Damsel Agent Trace, and Breakjaw.

Agent Trace features a double sided head, one losing her cool spy exterior, and the other in control of herself.

3.jpg

Boxingday003-1.jpg

There are also 2 great sharks in this set, which were a nice inclusion and spice up the ocean action nicely. The evil Breakjaw and Dr Inferno have fitted these sharks with radio collars and lasers (Dr Evil would be proud)

4.jpg

Release the "Laser" sharks

dr.evil.laser.jpg

The Build

The build starts off with the detachable mini boat, piloted by Agent Chase. This is a sleek, well designed vessel.

5.jpg

It looks even more impressive with the cockpit on.

6.jpg

Next up we have a progress shot of the twin-hulled speedboat. Rather than overlapping plates on top, the hulls are connected by technic pins. You can also see the placement of the steering wheel on the right side. This only allows a minifigure to stand when piloting the speedboat.

7.jpg

A closer look at the speedboat shows my hand pushing down the docking mechanism release for the smaller boat.

8.jpg

Next up we have the small oil rig beacon platform. It has Breakjaw's jet ski safely stowed inside. The side of the rig is ejected out using a technic push rod on the other side of the platform, also propelling the jet ski out into the ocean for a quick getaway.

9.jpg

From another angle we get a better look at the side of the rig with the very nice ladder detailing using 3 of this piece 2432.gif, as well as a great look at the smooth styling s of the jet ski. Nice use of cheese slopes maintains the low profile of the jet ski too.

10.jpg

The completed rig, shows the hanging Agent Trace in a whole lot of trouble. The top of the rig has a nicely constructed beacon light as well.

16.jpg

Complete

There is a whole lot going on in this set with the large and small speedboats, rig platform, jet ski, and two radio controlled sharks.

The complete speedboat boasts a winch on the right side attached to the anchor/harpoon, and a net gun on the left side, which fires out a net nicely capturing the target. A missile is also able to be launched from the left side of the boat. This is a flickfire missile.

111.jpg

A closer look shows that Dr Inferno must have a great dental plan, besides Breakjaw, his sharks have pearly whites!

14.jpg

To finish, I present a picture with a nice ocean backdrop to situate the action appropriately.

06-1.jpg

Conclusion

Design: 9/10, A well designed set with lots of moving parts.

Price: 8/10, Lots of great vehicles included as well as figures and sharks.

Playability: 9/10, You will get a lot of play hours out of this set. From the sharks, minifigures, boats and the array of weapons.

Overall: 8.7/10, A well deserved score for a great set.

In closing, let me say I had a lot of fun building this set, with its many nods to James Bond and other spy movies from my youth. If you feel the same sense of nostalgia towards these movies, I suggest taking a look at the Agents Lego sets, you wont be disappointed!

Thank you for reading.

Cheers

ISC

More pictures here

Edited by TheBrickster

This was my first Agents set :classic: [And definetly not my last I have Turbocar, Speedboat, Goldhunt, jetpack pursuit and I will get Volcano base & Mobile Command Centre]

I really like it, Probable one of my favourite Agents set :sweet:

Accept I think Chase would be better if he had the double-sided head :hmpf_bad:

But Trace makes up for it. :sweet:

Nice review btw. :classic:

This is a very nice review. The pictures are fantastic! I also like the humor with Dr. Evil.

I really love those new sharks. I may have to break down and buy this set just to get some of those sharks (although I have one in the new Pirate set, Brickbeard's Bounty, that I haven't opened yet).

In any case, thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

This was my first Agents set :classic: [And definetly not my last I have Turbocar, Speedboat, Goldhunt, jetpack pursuit and I will get Volcano base & Mobile Command Centre]

I really like it, Probable one of my favourite Agents set :sweet:

Accept I think Chase would be better if he had the double-sided head :hmpf_bad:

But Trace makes up for it. :sweet:

Nice review btw. :classic:

The volcano base agent chase has one side with shades and the other side is quite diffrent, its the standard city angry one

Sharks with frickin' laser beams! What more can be said, really. Anyways, great review ISC, though I personally don't care for the set. :sceptic: