Bossk

(WIP) Diorama : Geonosis Battle - By Bossk

haha youve done some pretty good work there. I like the quicksand even though it doesnt fit in the battle of geonosis its still good

Could you give us a hint of what would be your next WIP?

LOL Bossk. We posted at the same time! :laugh:

Edited by CommanderCody77

More pics of the Hailfire Droid :

Go to my Brickshelf Gallery :classic:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but did you originally post pics of your IG-227 Hailfire-class Droid Tank ( :wink: ) before the contest began. If not, I would definitely recommend entering it.

I love the UCS models and the diorama as a whole. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but did you originally post pics of your IG-227 Hailfire-class Droid Tank ( :wink: ) before the contest began. If not, I would definitely recommend entering it.

I love the UCS models and the diorama as a whole. Keep it up! :thumbup:

The rules of KimT's contest said : The vehicle who has already been produced by TLG aren't allowed to enter . TLG has already produced a Hailfire droid :sad: So I can't enter with this vehicle .

The rules of KimT's contest said : The vehicle who has already been produced by TLG aren't allowed to enter . TLG has already produced a Hailfire droid :sad: So I can't enter with this vehicle .

Aww, bad luck. I'm sure it would have done very well.

Aww, bad luck. I'm sure it would have done very well.

Yeah that was bad luck.

But that's the way it is when rules for a contest are made.

Someone always get squished by them, sadly it was this thing of beauty this time.

Yeah that was bad luck.

But that's the way it is when rules for a contest are made.

Someone always get squished by them, sadly it was this thing of beauty this time.

Don't worry, there's no problem :wink:

I will join the contest , but I have a question : Did the lava droid (Ep. 3) controlled by Anakin with The Force is considered like a Land based vehicle ?

awt_2008_Carded_LavaDroid.jpg

Thanks for your comments and for looking :wink: .

Don't worry, there's no problem :wink:

I will join the contest , but I have a question : Did the lava droid (Ep. 3) controlled by Anakin with The Force is considered like a Land based vehicle ?

awt_2008_Carded_LavaDroid.jpg

Thanks for your comments and for looking :wink: .

Yes that would be considered a vehicle.

Yes that would be considered a vehicle.

Ok, I will build that :classic: Thanks

Hello,

This week I expanded my diorama of 16 studs .

I connected the new plates added with Technic connectors, and I expanded the track marks of the Hailfire .

I mesured, his length is 115 cm with the new added plates .

Pics : On my Brickshelf Gallery

Looking good Bossk! :thumbup::thumbup: Still can't get over how awesome that AT-TE is. :wub: Are you going to add any cliffs and/or spires?

Greetings,

JD

Yes, I really would to add some cliffs, but I need more rock parts and Tan bricks to cover them . And I want to remove some 8 x 16 big plates parts, and replace it by plates . Because when you look at the diorama, I don't really like all these craters, I thinks add many plates would be better, like the crash site, I think it's the better place in the diorama with these many plates .

So, I want replace the 8 x 16 parts by others track marks . I would make the own track marks of my AT-TE, and make others one in the diorama .

You know, the dio isn't finish yet, I will add homing spider droid and spider droid . So I will add their own track marks too . That will replace other 8 x 16 plates .

Thanks for commented my post and I hope you understood my comment :wink:

EDIT: Thanks angel06 :wink: (par contre ils comprennent les anglais "a+" ? :tongue: )

Edited by Bossk

Awesome! I really like it a lot! Also what will your next project be in the Geonosis Battle?

I will start to think about the design of the Homing spider droid and start to make it with my own multicoloured parts :tongue: . And finally, I'll buy parts from Bricklink and finish it . Like I do for my Hailfire droid .

homing-spider-droid.jpg

This thing is huge . So I will just make only one homnig spider droid and put it here :

fcc4d6e924b273ee96f35aa4f23cf0de20090328082218.jpg

I only want to build one homing, but I certainly will add about 2/3 (more?) spider-droid . On the pics, you can see 6 place where I can put spider droid 0

I add many track marks/footprints of Walker 0. But I don't know if I will add all like on the pic .

And, after, I will add the clone and droid army . But I don't know yet if I will add minifigs or make figs like Larry Lars' one :hmpf_bad: .

Some guys said me minifigs would be better, and others said bigger figs would be better for this diorama .

Edited by Bossk

Bossk, this is a wonderful creation. It is one of the best dio's I have ever seen! :thumbup:

But in regards to the scale of the minifigures, I would strongly suggest using the regular clone/droid minifigs. The "miniland" scale ones look nice, but it would probably end up costing you hundreds of dollars or euros to build an entire army; especially with the high bricklink price of battle droid arms and clone helmets. Plus, I think the size of the clone wars lego AT-TE is very disproportionate to the size minifigs anyway, so your UCS AT-TE would look fine with regular minifigs.

I presonally like the craters, but they are just too small compared to the size of the AT-TE. So maybe you could use craters to symbolize the tracks or footprints of the (homing?) spider droid(s)... I hope I was able to help. :blush:

pat