88 members have voted

1. 1. Vote yor opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Well I kept you guys waiting long enough so here finally is the review. :classic:

From the moment i saw the pictures of this set it looked to me like the best jedi starfighter yet! You no what? I was right! :grin:

Ahsoka's fighter is just gorgeous with all the markings and sleek design. It is a bit strange that we get this set before we have seen it in action in the carton but i suppose that has been the way with most of the Clone Wars sets.

The vulture droid is neally identical to the naboo fighter one apart from the colours of course. The buzz droids are also the same as we have had before. The new Astromech is a real beauty too and no i have not tried to put the old dark red droid head on him yet (I will see if i can dig one out). Right on to the pictures :D .

Overall set

img_2596.jpg

Vulture droid, ashoka and buzz droids

img_2598.jpg

The beautifull R7-A7

img_2549.jpg

img_2550.jpg

The stunning Jedi Fighter

img_2604.jpg

img_2605.jpg

Push the black part under the tail fin to fire the flick missles

img_2606.jpg

img_2607.jpg

img_2608.jpg

A great set? Hell yes!

Ok the vulture droid is not really anything new but that stunning fighter neads something to blow up!

This set for me is probably the best looking set of the jan 09 line up, and so it is a must own set for me.

Hope it was worth the wait guys. :sweet:

Edited by KimT
indexed and poll added

nice review! could you describe the firing mechanism a bit? is it the same as the one in the RAS? auto-firing?

Finally! I've needed this review! :tongue: Great set, and I guess it was good of me to order it on S@H before reading a review! :tongue:

Now all I need is Anakin's fighter to go with it!

Thanks for the review :thumbup:

I've added it to the index.

Will I be getting this? Hell yes! :classic:

I love the colours of this set and the return of the Buzz droids :wub: It's very modern looking and colourful and on that basis alone a vast improvement on the Anakin starfighter released last year.

Are the two dark red long slope pieces that form the nose printed, and the rest of the pieces stickered?

This set is damn awsome! :cry_happy: I so wanna get it now so thanks for the review :thumbup: But it is sooo unbelievably overpriced :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: Thats the only thing thats stopping me from getting the set :sceptic:

This set is damn awsome! :cry_happy: I so wanna get it now so thanks for the review :thumbup: But it is sooo unbelievably overpriced :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: Thats the only thing thats stopping me from getting the set :sceptic:

Yah. I totally agree. Its gonna slow me down for copleteing my collection but Im still gonna get it.

Thanks for the coments guys.

Are the pieces printed or are they stickers?

I should have put this in the review. The long left and right slopes with the white star shape pattern are printed as is a 2X2 slope in the cockpit with standard computer screen. Everything else is stickers.

Thanks for the coments guys.

I should have put this in the review. The long left and right slopes with the white star shape pattern are printed as is a 2X2 slope in the cockpit with standard computer screen. Everything else is stickers.

Ok. Thanks. Its always nice to know.

Cheers for the review Mutley777.

I thought it looked like a great set from the initial pictures and you've confirmed it! It's nice to get multiple models in one box for collecting and for play, especially when they're as well realised as these. It's also a good way to get Ahsoka at a cheaper price point [though many are unhappy with the price]. Only drawback for me is the buzz-droids which I think could've been better built with multiple levers for legs - instead of crudely slapped-on battle-droid legs. Easy custom job there though...

All in all a worthwhile purchase I'd say!

Very nice review, thank you. :sweet: This set seems average to me, with nothing really special about it (just like Anakin's JSF in 2008). The colors of the fighter and Vulture droid are great, but a lime and white astro droid body doesn't really go with the maroon head or even the whole set. :sceptic: Ashoka looks the same, but I wish that TLG would make her look a lot skinnier, like in the show. Those metallic lightsabers sure are great, though (of course, they'll never replace chrome! :grin:).

Wow... the return of nice printed slopes. That's cool! ...It's still too expensive for the piece count, amount of stickers, and general size of the set, but it's cool to see TLG starting to get a bit more on track. 'On Track' being a return to beautiful, printed bricks.

If all of the stickered bricks were printed instead, I would consider this a 'must have' purchase at $40. It would be a beautiful set and the cost would be justified in my mind.

Bah! Another Jedi Starf and ANOTHER Vulture droid! I also hate the cartoony look of the astromech head.

Now this COULD be a nice set for parts, but as it's most likely ridicilously overpriced...

I would like to see more new vehicles, not just revamps of all the old ones. Yes, the new R. Gunship was awesome, but it was only redone once, we now have 4 slighlty different vulture droids and 6 slightly different jedi starfs, I mean COME ON! Can't TLC show up with some new stuff!

Price to piece count aside, this set would be my favourite of the 2009 Jan wave. I don't think price is that much of an issue seeing that you only need ONE Ahsoka's Jedi Fighter in your collection :classic: Very swooshable pair though!

I do agree with most of the criticism of the new astro-mech heads VS the older prints. The print look distorted and stretched.

Hey, my post got deleted? :hmpf_bad:

Anyways, great review. True, it's overpriced. The Naboo N-1 Fighter came with a Vulture Droid too but was only $30. Not sure if I'm getting this.

Good to hear that the piece are printed.

This set looks great and thanks mutley for the review.

I voted it as 'above average'. I love that blueish color scheme on the vulture droid, and Buzz Droids are awesome. Printed pieces? :thumbup: And this doesn't have to be 'Ahsoka's Fighter' because it don't have any real customizations. The price is a disaster, but we saw this coming. Mine has already been ordered from S@H. :sweet::laugh:

Thank you for the nice review. :classic:

The starfighter looks nice and I'm happy some pieces are printed. The design is good and the droidfighter is a not that bad add-on, but the Buzzdroids are a better add-on.

Allthough I already wanted to buy the AT-TE, this is a nice way to get a cheaper way to get Ahsoka. :thumbup:

About the price, I wish I just only would pay 40 US dollars for it, I my country I must pay 45 euro for it (+/- more than 50 US dollars) :hmpf_bad:

Can you also make a pic about the underside of the starfighter (with the shooting device)? :classic: