1. 1. Your choices

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Were losing him! where is that Dr?!

Here I am! what seems to be the problem?

Welcome to my review of the Doc and patient set.

Set Name: Doc and patient

Set number: 4936

Parts: 18

Price: US $2.99 Exclusive

Figures: 2

S@H

Bricklink

Brickset

Box/polybag

Lets kick this off with a look at the front and back of this polybagged set. First of all the important front picture, detailing the set contents

4936028.jpg

The rear picture showing a smaller picture as well as all the text we wont often bother looking at!

4936031.jpg

Instructions

Lets take a look at the one -page instruction sheet. On the front we see the simple construction, and on the rear we have a advertising poster for all the current city themes.

4936033.jpg

4936034.jpg

Parts

4936032.jpg

Minifigures

The patient comes with the standard flannelet printed torso and crewcut hairstyle, whilst the Dr comes with a stethoscope torso and nice ponytail hairpiece.

4936035.jpg

Unfortunately no printed rear torso's

4936036.jpg

Parts

Lets examine the 18 pieces in all their glory. Nothing out of the ordinary for my collection but maybe there is something there for you :classic:

4936032.jpg

Complete Build

For obvious reasons, this build took all of 1 minute to make, so I wont show progress pictures. Here is the completed hospital bed, with bedside table and drip stand attached. On the side table is a cup for the patient. The drip does have me worried, as I don't think I would be too keen to have that green substance put into my body :laugh: Next to the bed are the two spare parts found in this set.

4936037.jpg

Complete with figures.

Here are a few shots showing the complete set up with figures.

4936039.jpg

4936041.jpg

Though this is a City themed set, its uses are open to all themes, be it battlefield medic in some far off space mission, or medieval witchcraft this Dr could be doing right by her patients.

Here is a selection of likely candidates needing her skilled hands!

4936042.jpg

4936043.jpg

4936045.jpg

Conclusion

Design: 7/10 I like the blue pillow, white bed end and drip stand. Including a cup is a nice touch too.

Playability: 7/10 Not a lot of moving parts in this set mean a lower playability score, but you still get minifigure interaction.

Pricing: 10/10 Great for the minifigures and parts included.

Overall: 8/10 Though this is only a small set, it has two minifigures in it, which is a bargain in anyones books!

This is a great little set for the pricing. It comes with two figures, which I'm sure most people would love to get in any other impulse set!

Dr you've done it again!

All in a days work

Thank you for looking.

Cheers :classic:

ISC

Edited by I Scream Clone
Review added to index

Nice review!

What is Jar-Jar going to do at the hospital? A brain surgery? (Wait, what brain? :look: ) :grin:

ISC, nice and creative review! :tongue: I love the battlefield medic part. However, on another note, I will like to ask you something. Are you going to use this review as part of the Reviewers Academy grading, or you have done this as an external review? I asked this, because you have not complete the earlier Agents review. :look:

It's excellent for a set at such a low price! Very nice review too, love that last picture. Baahh!!!

It's an old set already isn't it? As per Lego.com it's not for sale anymore.

I bought two of this on the ebay. This set is very cool and I believe it would have sold big digits if available to all the world.

And I think the face of the sick guy looks... really sick!

Edit: I voted "above average"; if htey made this set available to all the world, my rating would have been "outstanding".

Edited by The Cobra

Nice review!

What is Jar-Jar going to do at the hospital? A brain surgery? (Wait, what brain? :look: ) :grin:

Well he is on the Senate I think, so money isnt a problem LOL

ISC, nice and creative review! :tongue: I love the battlefield medic part. However, on another note, I will like to ask you something. Are you going to use this review as part of the Reviewers Academy grading, or you have done this as an external review? I asked this, because you have not complete the earlier Agents review. :look:

I would like to include this in my grading, but if you feel the set is too little for this purpose let me know. As for the Agents set, I have finally dug up my Agent Trace fig and will take the last shot, as well as complete the review in the next couple of days. The Agents review is number 8 and this review is number 9. So I guess if im able to submit this as one I may just become a teacher. On another note, I have acquired Sandcrawler and will soon have Motorized AT AT, and i will review one or both in the next month or so as time permits.

Cheers

It's excellent for a set at such a low price! Very nice review too, love that last picture. Baahh!!!

It's an old set already isn't it? As per Lego.com it's not for sale anymore.

I scanned through most of the countries on Lego.com when compiling this review, adn USA was the only site that offered it for sale.

I bought two of this on the ebay. This set is very cool and I believe it would have sold big digits if available to all the world.

And I think the face of the sick guy looks... really sick!

I agree, perhaps this was an incentive to get people into Lego stores.

Thanks for all the comments, Merry Christmas.

I would like to include this in my grading, but if you feel the set is too little for this purpose let me know. As for the Agents set, I have finally dug up my Agent Trace fig and will take the last shot, as well as complete the review in the next couple of days. The Agents review is number 8 and this review is number 9. So I guess if im able to submit this as one I may just become a teacher. On another note, I have acquired Sandcrawler and will soon have Motorized AT AT, and i will review one or both in the next month or so as time permits.

I have raised this and will be discussing with the teachers if they allow you to use this for your graduation review. I will let you know the verdict once they are back from the holidays. :tongue: By the way, I am looking forward to your mega reviews in the future. :wink: Your review has been indexed. By the way, where is your poll?

I have raised this and will be discussing with the teachers if they allow you to use this for your graduation review. I will let you know the verdict once they are back from the holidays. :tongue: By the way, I am looking forward to your mega reviews in the future. :wink: Your review has been indexed. By the way, where is your poll?

Whitefang, its fine if this isn't my 9th review for grading purposes, as it is quite a small review. It will probably be better to judge it off another larger review, where I will have a lot more content to discuss and photograph. Oh poll added as well. :pir-oh:

Edited by I Scream Clone