Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_S

MOC: minifig scale aerial ladder

indexed.gif V-LF-2E

A few months ago I got my hands on the LEGO city fire station (set 7945). One of the reasons why I wanted to have it was the wonderful ladder truck that comes with it, but I didn't actually get around to opening the box until last weekend. When I did finally get my hands on the parts, rather than building the truck that comes with the set, I decided to build my own version, more in line with British aerial ladder trucks and with a more realistic boom. After more than a day of tinkering, this is the result:

3124891516_1b8480c414.jpg

Here it is next to my slightly older pumper truck

3124064111_0b5b6543cb.jpg

more pictures

I hope you'll like it.

Cheers,

Ralph

This is pure awesome.

I have nothing else to say, I just :wub: your creations.

You really deserve your ´MOC Expert´ tag.

Edited by Dennimator

These are excellent MOCs, Ralph_S! :thumbup:

I really :wub: set since they're looking such realistic, very well built and not too big with six stuck wide! :oh:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Ralph_S, your creations always amazed me, and this is no exception. This is a very realistic design and it is based on minifig scale. Very impressive. :thumbup:

exellent! I have to say this is one of the best Fire engines i've seen! Great job! I love how the ladder extends with the boom.

awesome ! love it^^ that's really an outstanding truck; I saw to many outstanding mocs today, now I'm gonna rest, or I'll have an overdose of mocs :tongue:

Thanks guys. It's only a year ago that I started building minifig scale things again, after not having bothered with minifigs for about 15 years. I think that LEGO has done us all a big favour by bringing out sets such as the cement truck and the garbage truck that are six studs wide (7 including the mudguards). They're not quite so big that they dwarf the figures or look too big next to the buildings -certainly not Cafe-corner style models-, but they're big enough to have a lot detail and functionality. I've been having a lot of fun building my own. Technically this is 7-wide by the way. The cab is 6-wide, but the mudgards and rear body are 7-wide.

Cheers,

Ralph