Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

MOC: Shopping Mile

indexed.gif B-OV-7C

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Christmas is very near and so I decided to present you one of my City MOCs. I desgined this one in last year's September. So please have a look:

Shopping Mile

When you want to go shopping (you perhaps need the last gifts for Christmas for your girlfriend/boyfriend, your wife/husband, your childs or perhaps even for yourself :grin: ) you can pass by the famous shopping mile:

simg0009.jpg

In the house on the left side you can find a big fashion and sportswear store:

simg0031.jpg

On the first floor there are the women's clothes,

simg0088.jpg

on the second floor there are the men's clothes and

simg0074.jpg

on the third floor there are the kids' clothes.

simg0064.jpg

In the next house to it there is a little (ice) cafe:

simg0030.jpg

Either you have a drink at the bar downstairs

simg0085.jpg

or you have a seat upstairs for e. g. drinking a coffee and eating a cake.

simg0070.jpg

And next to this house there is a streetwear shop:

simg0029.jpg

On the first floor you can find the cash point, skateboars and baseball caps

simg0094.jpg

and on the second floor there are the clothes and shoes.

simg0072.jpg

On the right side you can find a department store:

simg0028.jpg

On its first floor there is the perfumery and the sale of suitcases, hats, etc.,

simg0089.jpg

on its second floor you can find the toys department

simg0055.jpg

of course with two huge frames with Lego sets :grin:

simg0058.jpg

and on its third floor there is the multimedia and the household department.

simg0052.jpg

On the very left side of the shopping mile you can find a little extension

simg0027.jpg

with a depot

simg0051.jpg

and a greengrocer.

simg0037.jpg

You can find many more pics of this my MOC in this folder of my BS gallery (when public).

!!! Annotation: The labels of the fashion and sportswear department, the label of the streetwear shop and the label of the department store are labels of in Germany real existing companies. This shall not hurt any rights or trademarks of this companys. This shall even be no surreptitious advertising. These labels are only there in order to give my MOC a more realistic and interesting desgin. !!!

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Phred

Very nice! :wub: I love all your interior details. Great work here.

-darthperson

Thank you very much for your nice comments, darthperson and Dennimator! :sweet:

Very nice! :wub: I love all your interior details. Great work here.

-darthperson

Thanks, darthperson! :sweet: Nice to read that you like the interior. I firstly wanted to add some stickers to the walls inside, too (then the interior surely would have looked even better), but at that time my academic studies began and so I was even glad to finish the MOC.

Very nice, indeed!

I see you have to clean your baseplates, though... :tongue:

Thanks, Dennimator! :sweet: The baseplates should really be cleaned, that's right.

Klaus-Dieter

I love it! Its a cute litte shopping centre :sweet::thumbup:

But there's ONE thing I dont like

the "dolls" I would put a plain yellow head on or some other colour such as black or grey, Since in real life most doll's dont have expressions...But I guess they have standard smiliey faces so It could work.

Also the multimedia store looks abit small and looks like all the stuff is on one table, Maybe spread it out or something.

Also the greengrocer maybe [Not sure if you can looks like there wouldn't be enough room] spread the food out more, But I think it would look fine the way it is.

Besides those things I REALLY Like it :thumbup::cry_happy:

I love it! Its a cute litte shopping centre :sweet::thumbup:

But there's ONE thing I dont like

the "dolls" I would put a plain yellow head on or some other colour such as black or grey, Since in real life most doll's dont have expressions...But I guess they have standard smiliey faces so It could work.

Also the multimedia store looks abit small and looks like all the stuff is on one table, Maybe spread it out or something.

Also the greengrocer maybe [Not sure if you can looks like there wouldn't be enough room] spread the food out more, But I think it would look fine the way it is.

Besides those things I REALLY Like it :thumbup::cry_happy:

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Darth_Legois! :sweet:

To your "claim" :grin: : I originally wanted to add orange transparent heads to the "dolls" - I really don't know why I didn't. :blush: The equipment of the muldimedia department is really too little but I don't have more electronic stuff which I could have used for it.

Klaus-Dieter

A very neat building in a friendly and nice color scheme with some nifty interior. :thumbup:

Perhaps you could need a little more stuff to sell in some of these shops, and where´re

all the people passing by and snooping around? Right now your scenery looks as lively

(but much tidier) as Raccoon City after the infection has broken out... :tongue::wink:

Very nice KD. What a great place to also find those after Christmas sales. I really like the combination of different buildings all put together to form one. Nice job!

The only thing missing is an escalator. Malls and department stores always seem to have escalators. :tongue:

Great job! :thumbup:

Right now your scenery looks as lively

(but much tidier) as Raccoon City after the infection has broken out... :tongue::wink:

No Christmas zombies, please. :cry_sad:

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Asuka and TheBrickster! :sweet:

A very neat building in a friendly and nice color scheme with some nifty interior. :thumbup:

Perhaps you could need a little more stuff to sell in some of these shops, and where´re

all the people passing by and snooping around? Right now your scenery looks as lively

Thanks, Asuka! :sweet:

There are two reasons why I didn't add some minifigs to this my MOC:

1. At that time I had only very few civilian minifigs which don't belong to an official set (and I strictly detach official sets from MOCs). And for this shopping mile a lot of minifigs would have been necessary in order to make it looking good, realistic and lively.

2. I don't like to add minifigs to a MOC which shall not have an official Lego set character since they distract the viewer from looking at the details of the set (and when there are minifigs you even can't see all details on pics since they disguise some of them).

But of course you're right: With a lot of minifigs going shoppins in the mile it would look much more lively - and with that even perhaps more lovely.

Very nice KD. What a great place to also find those after Christmas sales. I really like the combination of different buildings all put together to form one. Nice job!

The only thing missing is an escalator. Malls and department stores always seem to have escalators. :tongue:

Great job! :thumbup:

No Christmas zombies, please. :cry_sad:

Thanks, TheBrickster! :sweet:

I firstly thought about designing some escalators and then include them in this my MOC, too. But how?! Do you have an idea how to design them?

Fact is that fully functional escalators aren't possible (or at least I don't know how to design them that they'd be fully functional). And which glas bricks would you use for the "side walls" of the escalators? I think that designing a really good and realistic looking escalator is nearly impossible. :sceptic:

Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter, this is wonderful! I love the amount of detail--it's the small things that make it so realistic. And that skylight is great! :classic:

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Mariko! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter