1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hi all,

I picked this set up today from my local Lego store in Brighton for £68.50.

Here are some pics of the box, contents and figures.

market1.jpg

market2.jpg

market3.jpg

market4.jpg

figs1.jpg

figs2.jpg

market6.jpg

maiden1.jpg

maiden2.jpg

Sadly just the one maiden has a printed back, both come with reversable heads.

market7.jpg

New pieces?

market12.jpg

Hay cart under tree with blossom

market8.jpg

market9.jpg

market10.jpg

The livestock: cows, chicken, duck (mallard i think!) and rooster with nice red plume.

market11.jpg

Shot of udders

market13.jpg

Signs

signs.jpg

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

ms3.jpg

ms4.jpg

ms5.jpg

Great mechanism for the waterwheel, smooth action as the water wheel works the anvil.

ms9.jpg

ms10.jpg

ms6.jpg

ms7.jpg

ms8.jpg

ms11.jpg

ms12.jpg

ms13.jpg

ms14.jpg

ms.jpg

Any requests for close ups on anything in particular then let me know!

I can't add much to what has already been said about this set before, it more than lives up to the preview pictures, its a truely wonderful set. A minor quibble, the signs are only stickered on one side. The waterwheel/hammer mechanism is great. The furniture design is superb, so simple but beautiful.

It was a fantastic build, so many great parts and details. The vast majority of bricks are 1x4 or smaller, it took a while to build (4-5 hours) due to the variety and colour selection of parts.

Personally im not a big castle fan but knew i had to get it the moment i saw the preview pictures on here. My daughter was thrilled to see it and immediately started setting up shop scenes while i was building the houses. A real winner of a set that any Lego fan should try and get, at £68.50 its fantastic value!

Enjoy :)

Edited by KimT
indexed and poll added

:wub:

Can't wait for you to finish this.

[note to self: remember to check this topic regularily]

:wub:

Can't wait for you to finish this.

[note to self: remember to check this topic regularily]

Will try to build asap, might get the kids to help me this afternoon, watch this space.

This is a must have. The cows look so cute! :wub: Hopefully it will one of my Xmas presents. :cry_happy:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I love the blacksmith's torso. It's like we get this one in medieval style :classic:

Perfect for all kinds of craftsmen.

btw, is the kid's head one of those reversible ones? With a scared face on the other side?

I will surely follow this tread! :sweet:

WHOA! Hold one a sec!

How come, this isn't even on LEGO.com yet and you just find it in a store?!

Agh! It don't matter...

Anyway, I'm psyched for this set, and I can't think of anything else... :cry_happy: Does anyone know if they will sell these at LEGOworld 09?

My brother was at a conference in Chicago and I told him he needed to go to the LEGO store there. I was hoping he would pick up Soldier's Fort for me but he called and said they were out. He did say that he picked up a castle set that is only available in LEGO stores. I didn't even think about it but it could be this set. Not sure what else it would be.

WHOA! Hold one a sec!

How come, this isn't even on LEGO.com yet and you just find it in a store?!

Agh! It don't matter...

Anyway, I'm psyched for this set, and I can't think of anything else... :cry_happy: Does anyone know if they will sell these at LEGOworld 09?

Probably they will.

If there's to be a LEGO store there.

i noticed this set in the same store today. I was amazed at the relatively "cheap" price. When I'd see the other pics, I had assumed it would be nearer the £100 mark.

Anyway ... I am tempted to get this eventually, even though I own no other Castle sets at all!

Maybe the review will help me one way or another?! ;)

It is one of the best sets this year, no doubt. Can't wait to go pick one up!

Just awesome! All these teaser pics are just whetting my appetite even more!

I wonder if anyone will notice if I submit this as a EBCCB module :tongue:

Udderly fantastic!

Emilec, I am so jealous of you... You are making us drooling with all of these pictures! Perhaps, I could do an exchange with you somehow. :classic: I want this set badly though, since I can't make use of Shop@Home function... :cry_sad: Great buy! I am looking forward to your complete review.

This has to be one of the greatest sets in history. :cry_happy: Detailed buildings, great minifigs, new animals, and great pieces for MOCs.

I can't wait for more pictures, and I also can't wait to get my hands on the set.... :devil:

Man!! That's the second time today I've heard of someone getting this set before next month... Enjoy it and post some pics!!!

So jealous!!

Edited by Dadster

Ok, ive updated review with lots more pictures. If anyone has any questions or further picture requests then let me know.

Time for beer while a gaze at this beauty!

That crap (brown carrots) in the stall just kills me! :laugh: Thanks for the review! :wink:

-darthperson

One question, how many fish are included?

5 or 6, can't remember right now.

One question, how many fish are included?
Well, 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish has been known to be enough for 5000 people back in the days :laugh:, so 5-6 is more than enough!

CopMike

I know what io'm gonna stare at the next days..at the pictures from you of this awesome set :wub:

Just one question, since the first day we got pictures from the set i'm asking myself, what exactly the oven on the first floor is supposed to be. It doesn't look usual to me, more like some kind of steam-oven to put in vegetables. What do you think?