• 2008 [CW n00bs] =P
    • ALL of them, I LOVE THEM ALL!!! [SW-Fanatic]
  2. 2. How do you rate this poll/topic?

• Excellant
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

Well next year is the 10th Birthday for LEGO Star Wars :vader: , so whats been your favourite year for SW Sets so far?

I must admit 2006 would have to be mine :blush:

V-wing, Tie Interceptor, A-Wing, B-Wing[Which I now regret not geting :sadnew: ], Slave I[i wanted it :hmpf_bad: ], Jabba's Sail Barge[Also wish I had it :sadnew: ], UCS AT-ST, X-Wing, Clone Turbo Tank & UCS Tie Advanced x1

I think it was a OT comeback after 2005 which we should just call ROTS instead of '05 :tongue: [Okay so they had TWO OT sets....but only 2 :hmpf_bad: ]

But I also like '07 & '08 :cry_happy: [Only afew CW Stuff the rest is CRAP! :tongue: ...]

Post your comments here... :vader:

Edited by Darth_Legois

I voted for all the years I am just such a SW geek :tongue: that I can´t decide which is the best (But 2008 for sure isn´t :hmpf_bad::tongue: ). I think the nearest to the best year is 2007. That year the TLC release such great sets and the best thing about that year is that it has a very good variety in it (From PT to EU without exceptions). Also they release the best designed set to date in my opinion in the whole line, yeah it is the good MTT :cry_happy: . They release the UCS MF and some other awesome sets like the ILC or the RC :cry_happy: .

I think this poll is excellent cause well... I think all the poll topics are awesome :laugh: .

I'm really undecided. Some years had one or two amazing sets, and others had all good ones. :sceptic: I'm going to have to say 2008, mostly because of that Death Star. :wub:

I voted 2008, so... I guess that makes me a CW n00b. :sceptic: But I'm not a n00b. I have been with Lego SW from the beginning, and I must say that this year has given us the best, most well designed sets yet! PT/CW fans got their fill with all the CW sets, and OT fans get two cool BPs and that amazingly wonderful DS! And we have never had this many new head piece molds either! So, 2008 is definitely the best year so far!

I rated this poll poor because IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS! :angry: Nah, just kidding. :laugh:

I did vote poor, though, because of these reasons:

• It's too early. If this poll is to be held in celebration of the anniversary, it should have been held on the anniversary. Besides, we don't have anything to vote on for 2009 besides the 5 sets that are starting to pop up now and the first pics of the solar sailer. :sceptic:
  • Voters don't know what they are voting on. I had to look up each year of LSW on brickset to know what came out when. So, a list of sets or some set pics would be nice. Not pics of every set of course, but maybe a selection of the best sets of each year. Or at least links to the brickset lists of every year of star wars sets.
  • IMO, the poll is a little... well... onesided. There could have been more questions included. Why not ask which year was the worst as well?
  • It renders me (and all voters of 2008) a CW n00b. :hmpf_bad: The "=" and capitalized P don't help. :sadnew:

May the force be with us, and may TLC continue to give us great sets!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I voted 2008, so... I guess that makes me a CW n00b. :sceptic: But I'm not a n00b. I have been with Lego SW from the beginning, and I must say that this year has given us the best, most well designed sets yet! PT/CW fans got their fill with all the CW sets, and OT fans get two cool BPs and that amazingly wonderful DS! And we have never had this many new head piece molds either! So, 2008 is definitely the best year so far!

I rated this poll poor because IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS! :angry: Nah, just kidding. :laugh:

I did vote poor, though, because of these reasons:

• It's too early. If this poll is to be held in celebration of the anniversary, it should have been held on the anniversary. Besides, we don't have anything to vote on for 2009 besides the 5 sets that are starting to pop up now and the first pics of the solar sailer. :sceptic:
  • Voters don't know what they are voting on. I had to look up each year of LSW on brickset to know what came out when. So, a list of sets or some set pics would be nice. Not pics of every set of course, but maybe a selection of the best sets of each year. Or at least links to the brickset lists of every year of star wars sets.
  • IMO, the poll is a little... well... onesided. There could have been more questions included. Why not ask which year was the worst as well?
  • It renders me (and all voters of 2008) a CW n00b. :hmpf_bad: The "=" and capitalized P don't help. :sadnew:

May the force be with us, and may TLC continue to give us great sets!

No one's forcing you to do this poll. :tongue:

I was going to put a list of all the sets but....I realised it would take to long. :hmpf_bad:

I pretty much remember what set is in what year ect...

I agree a worst year poll would've been good. :blush:

BTW, The CW n00b is a joke! if you couldnt tell by the =P inserted. sheesh. :wacko:

Edited by Darth_Legois

I voted 2007:

Y-wing (my favourite fighter so far)

MTT (lots of lovely brown piece goodness and enough blasters to start a small war)

Republic cruiser (dark red, mmm)

and of course the mighty UCS true minifig scale MF!

cheers,

timbutince

No one's forcing you to do this poll. :tongue:

But mesa wants to! :tongue: Besides, it's still too early.

I was going to put a list of all the sets but....I realised it would take to long. :hmpf_bad:

Lazy! :hmpf_bad::tongue:

I agree a worst year poll would've been good. :blush:

Wow. You actually agree with me on something for once. :laugh:

BTW, The CW n00b is a joke! if you couldnt tell by the =P inserted. sheesh. :wacko:

I know, but as I said, it doesn't help - it's just not very funny/nice. :sadnew: Whatever, though.

But mesa wants to! :tongue: Besides, it's still too early.

Lazy! :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Wow. You actually agree with me on something for once. :laugh:

I know, but as I said, it doesn't help - it's just not very funny/nice. :sadnew: Whatever, though.

:hmpf:

I was going to till I checked BL... "219 Items Found." :wacko::tongue:

Yea suprise, suprise.

All of it !!

Every year SW has something I really really really want !!!

... Although since the new Bley the appeal has lost something for me .... like Ep 4,5,6 and then overdoing it with Ep 1,2,3... sadly :sceptic:

I came out of my black ages around '99 , so I landed right smack in the whole SW scene :tongue: ..

Grtz Saint

As an Attack of the Clones fan, I had to go with 2002, since we got the amazing 7163 Republic Gunship and the equally intriguing 7153 Jango Fett's Slave I. I also feel nostalgic for that year's small sets, like 7103 Jedi Duel. Two (now) rare minifigures, Dooku and Yoda, chrome lightsabers, and a cool speeder, and all for $10? These days, rare characters only seem to come in the larger sets.

Plus, most of that year's collection went on discount, allowing some lucky collectors to snag 7133 Bounty Hunter Pursuits for $10. Ah yes, the good old days. :sweet:

interesting topic, but I don't really know which year has which sets, is there a link were I can see the sets by year. Anyway, I think 1999 was the coolest Star Wars Lego year, it was just so mindblowing new. I didn't realy mind there was a Stormtrooper cause the rest was already so cool.

But before I vote, I will think it over.

interesting topic, but I don't really know which year has which sets, is there a link were I can see the sets by year. Anyway, I think 1999 was the coolest Star Wars Lego year, it was just so mindblowing new. I didn't realy mind there was a Stormtrooper cause the rest was already so cool.

But before I vote, I will think it over.

Brickset And on the left hand side you can look through the diffrent sets made in the diffrent years. :wink:

interesting topic... Im going to have to go with all 10 years have ben great for lego SW... BUT 1999 what a year i can still remember it like if it was yesterday, walking in to TRU and there it was the naboo star fighter my first lego SW set.

I say 2007, because of the great variety of PT and OT sets. I bought all of the PT sets that year, but no OT sets (although I did get a few figs from a friend). Hopefully I'll get the Y-Wing some day... anyways, I think it was pleasing to both adults and kids/ teens. It wasn't too expensive, either, and had some pretty legendary sets, like the MTT or Grievous fighter. Plus, it had no CW, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it kept things simple. I think out of the 10 years that LSW has been around, every year brought something new and exciting, it's just that some years were better than others.

2005 was another great year, too, and don't forget '08. '99 through '04 were kind of in my dark ages, but '05 brought me back a little. '06 helped a bit, but those Clone battle packs in '07 really revived me from my dark ages, so that's one more reason to like that year. :thumbup:

2006 for the win, we got a whole bunch of awesome sets that year. My favorite being Jabba's Sail Barge. 2005 is the second best year for lego imo because we got the imperial shuttle and Anakin's starfighter. Also, ROTS was coming out and everyone was excited about the movie. 2005 was when I came out of my dark age.

Edited by BRICKLANTA

how does liking the Clone Wars sets make us noobs? geez what happened to respecting other peoples opinions?

Its a [lame] Joke, Deal with it. :tongue:

I actually would've voted All the years since every year has something I want but I guess '06 had the most stuff I liked so I guess thats why.

Im also kicking myself for not geting the Shuttle in '05...Guess I wasn't "converted" [To the OT Side!] yet. :sadnew::grin:

I must admit 2006 would have to be mine :blush:

V-wing, Tie Interceptor, A-Wing, B-Wing[Which I now regret not geting :sadnew: ], Slave I[i wanted it :hmpf_bad: ], Jabba's Sail Barge[Also wish I had it :sadnew: ], UCS AT-ST, X-Wing, Clone Turbo Tank & UCS Tie Advanced x1

...how can you rave about sets you have never owned? :sceptic:

I got 'em all :classic:

Anyway,

2008 was the best year for Lego. Period

Mars Mission, Agents, Batman and Star Wars - it was a challenge just to find time to build them all, let alone display them

Lego have really let their master builders have a crack at Star Wars sets after years of evidently getting the cleaners to make them

The '08 AT-TE and the '03 AT-TE ....thats the difference between one of us making a set and a professional making a set

Star Wars Lego is now less a toy and more a peice of art

It would help to have a list of a few sets that came out every year. I know what sets I like, but I don't remember the years so I just voted for all.

...how can you rave about sets you have never owned? :sceptic:

Uhh 'cos I've seen reviews and my TFOL friends have them so I know they're good. :wink::tongue:

It would help to have a list of a few sets that came out every year. I know what sets I like, but I don't remember the years so I just voted for all.

If you looked acouple post's up....

Brickset And on the left hand side you can look through the diffrent sets made in the diffrent years. :wink: