Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter Two

I will like to lift the candelabra at the middle of the table. I will also like to take a closer examination at the statues at the eastern wall, holding the large ornate pikes.

Hmm, so this is obviously Lord Chester Dracus's coat... But the button doesn't match. Where could it be from? Or am I simply overthinking it?

Anyway, since you guys are so inadept in gently pushing dragon crests, I would like to try and push the dragon in the crest on the flower on the frame of the portrait on the left *gasps for breath*, thank you.

Dr. Phil lifts up the candelabra in the centre of the table. It is very heavy; probably filled with lead. There is nothing underneath it.

He then walks over to the two statues near the east entrance. Other than the pikes, they are exactly the same as those in the hallway. (If you want to examine anything closely you will need to specify :classic: )

Miss Sandy approaches the large portrait to the left of the cabinet on the south wall and pushes the small crest on the left edge. A small click is heard, but nothing else happens.

Hmmm, perhaps you need to do something else as well? suggests Lord Dragonator.

Ms. Greenwood, perhaps you could push the button while I try various things in the room, for example, pulling the arms on these statues. Let's start with sending the severed cable back down to the kitchen. I'll press the Kitchen button while you press the dragon crest.

I'd also like to examine that shaft more thoroughly and in doing so send a pre-emptive "Shut up" to Peter... :tongue:

Pushing the kitchen button and the small crest at the same time does not give any results. You do note however that pushing the crest again does not produce the click again; whatever it did must already be done. The cable returns to the kitchen, minus the missing dumb waiter.

Max examines the dumb waiter shaft. There seems to be a shallow gash in the stonework opposite the hatch, but other than that there is nothing of any note.

I will like to take a much closer look on both pikes itself. I wonder is there anything special about them though. This room is huge. Have we left out anything?

Max examines the dumb waiter shaft. There seems to be a shallow gash in the stonework opposite the hatch, but other than that there is nothing of any note.[/i]

I would like to examine the gash in the shaft and renew my "Shut up" to Peter... :tongue:

Max looks closely at the gash. It is rather shallow, and quite thin, and is approximately 7 inches in length from what you can see.

Dr. Phil meanwhile is examining the tall pikes. They are rather ornate and appear to be more for display than practical use. The one on the right (when facing the doorway) is slightly crooked compared to the one on the left.

Ah, so something else must be pushed as well to open this portrait! I'll try to push the dragon crest on the suit of armor.

And might I suggest you put your hand into the gash, Mr. Sinclair? There might be something hidden there.

Pushing the crest on the suit of armour does not achieve anything other than making it wobble...

Ok, so we've pushed the small carved dragon in the picture frame? Well, how about we try to turn or push the bottom right spiral, the one that is going in the wrong direction...

Then I'll go over and sit in the eastern chair, the one on it's own little carpet, just in case that's some kind of pressure plate, and take a load off with my good friend 'The Captain'.

I'd also like to examine that shaft more thoroughly and in doing so send a pre-emptive "Shut up" to Peter... :tongue:
I would like to examine the gash in the shaft and renew my "Shut up" to Peter... :tongue:

Bartender! No more whiskey for the actor, he gets mean when he drinks! :hmpf_bad:

:tongue:

I think we are close to getting that portrait open...

Perhaps I will try frisking the portrait for signs of a click heard in the distance. and if that doesn't work, and only if it doesn't work, I will run around the room, stomping my feet as loud as possible

Hmm, I think I'd like to move the big chair to see if there's anything underneath it.

Hmm, I thought these tall pikes came from the actual royal defenders. Perhaps, I will try and align the pike, similar to the earlier pike, at the right which is facing the doorway.

Good idea, Dr. Marshall! I would like to run my hand along the gash please.

May I suggest that once we're through searching this room, we head to the east side? I think I have one of my hunches again...

I wonder if the key I found fits in the impression in the space padded with velvet.

I think I'll inspect the fruit and vegetables, and if nothing is to note, eat the apple.

The Chef tries frisking the portrait with no results, and so starts running around the room. Peter then goes over to the portrait and twists the small spiral in the bottom right corner. Another click is heard, and the portrait swings out on well oiled hinges. Behind it you discover a computer terminal, complete with a scanner and printer. The screen is currently showing a login bar, which requires a password.

Peter then walks over to the chair at the eastern end of the table and sits down. It is very comfy, and he literally sinks into the velvety cushions. Nothing happens however...

Dr. Grimsworth moves the big chair aside. There is nothing underneath it.

Dr. Phil realigns the crooked pike. Nothing happens, although it is much more aesthetically pleasing now.

Max runs his hand inside the shallow gash. There is nothing there, but you note that the edges of the gash are still rather sharp; it must be fairly new.

John's key does not fit in the impression in the space padded with velvet; a slightly smaller key would though.

A bit disgruntled, John wanders over to the table and, seeing nothing suspicious, starts munching on one of the juicy apples.

I would like to type the word "money" into the login screen. :grin:

Max types in the word money into the log in screen. Instead of logging in however, the screen flicks to an email inbox.

It seems that this password only gives limited access to the computer's email system. Looks like we won't be able to check up on what's going on at EuroBricks after all. :cry_sad: I do hope nobody's starting any Mafia games without me us... :look:

The inbox contains 2 messages from the last week. Any other messages must have been deleted.

Michael decides to have a look under the suits of armour. The one in the north-western corner is firmly attached to the ground, however you can move the two near the eastern doorway. There is nothing underneath either of them.

I would like to read the two messages in the inbox...and send my Mom an e-mail. :blush:

Ok, once we've seen these emails, I think it's time to head back out to the east and then choose a new direction to investigate. I can't picture much being left in here unless we throw someone down the dumb waiter. Anyone here ever work as a waiter before? :laugh:

...and send my Mom an e-mail. :blush:

I'd like to send his Mom an email too. :grin:

Yum.

Boy, we've been at this for a while.

I wonder what time it is.

Say, Mr. Sinclair, does the computer say the time anywhere?

A Computer well hidden inside. After Max have read the two email messages, I will like to take a closer look at the email interface and check "Thrash" or "Deleted Items" to see if the sender has forget to empty its mailbox before leaving. It's just a precaution.