Sign in to follow this  
ybeline

Review - 7143 Jedi Starfighter

indexed.gif

Hello everybody!

Here begins my second Star Wars Set review!

Set Name: Jedi Starfighter

Set Number: 7143

Year of release: 2002

Price: unknown

Parts: 138

Minifigures: 1

Box front:

boxfrontfo5.jpg

Box back:

boxbacktb8.jpg

Minifigure (young Obi-Wan Kenobi, binoculars, light blue lightsaber):

figureij6.jpg

Spaceship front:

fronthw6.jpg

Spaceship back:

backlv8.jpg

Spaceship top:

topyf6.jpg

Spaceship underside:

undersidekf7.jpg

Spaceship left:

leftcy2.jpg

Spaceship right:

rightpg8.jpg

Main colors: white, red & mauve.

Accuracy: not bad for a playable Star Wars set.

Build: 9/10 (15min, very easy and fun)

Playability: 10/10 (light, small and sturdy)

Set functions: 9/10 (good landing gear but not enough room in the cockpit to put all the tools properly)

Design: 4/10 (not enough detailed, too much printed blocks but nice overall structure)

Must have for those who want to see their children have some really fun instead of watching the TV.

Thanks for reading,

Bye.

I got outbid on that tonight in an online auction... it would look good next to this year's Annakin ship, so I'm still going to keep my eye out for it. The color is not my favorite shade of red though.

Small cockpit aside, I think that this is a really cool set. :sweet: However, the front landing strut on my set seems to collapse frequently, so I added some clear bricks in between the Jedi Starfighter itself and the strut's foot to keep it propped up. Also, what the heck is up with your R2 dome -- did you rebuild this set and grab the wrong part by mistake, is that what you got in the set, or did you modify that piece? *huh* I got a normal one in my set, and that's what's on it right now.

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: According to Peeron.com, the price of this model is $20.00 USD.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Also, what the heck is up with your R2 dome -- did you rebuild this set and grab the wrong part by mistake, is that what you got in the set, or did you modify that piece? *huh* I got a normal one in my set, and that's what's on it right now.

That's odd... you got a picture of yours, please?

Edit: Ah, I see: mine is not printed.

Perhaps an error during set construction at factory.

Edited by ybeline

That's odd... you got a picture of yours, please?

Edit: Ah, I see: mine is not printed.

Perhaps an error during set construction at factory.

swjfsmall.png

Much Larger Picture

Please pardon the dust, it's been sitting around for quite a while and I can't find a dusting cloth. :blush:

By the way, that background is a pair of small sorting trays propped up between the model and a larger sorting tray, all on a black table. :grin: I thought it looked very appropriate for a Star Wars model. :thumbup:

I used to love that tagline: "just imagine...". And I always wanted that set.

I like it too! :grin: I think the LEGO Company should bring it back.

-Toa Of Justice

Thanks for reviewing this set.

It was missing in the index.

Which it isn't anymore :classic:

indexed.gif

The alternates, which I always look for, seem good.

Well, sorry, take that back. The one on the left looks good, like a white Zam Wessel ship in bBounty Hunter Persuit.

I like it too! :grin: I think the LEGO Company should bring it back.

-Toa Of Justice

It'll be like: just imagine... again :tongue:

Hey hey nice reveiw you are tempting me to buy that set!!! :laugh::laugh:

I'm sure the moderators will agree with me when I recommend that in the future you refrain from bumping old topics unless you have something substantial to contribute.

On the other hand, here's a nice opportunity to talk about an old set. Now, I'm honestly not sold on the how this set looks (it's too large and clunky, and doesn't feel like a Delta-7 should), and the landing gear is flimsy, but like most of the older sets the build is very solid, very good for swooshing, and I guess the exclusive Obi-wan minifigure is nice for minifigure collectors.

This set doesn't offer much aside from some new pieces in new and old colors and an Obi-Wan mini-fig with the headset. The actual ship doesn't offer much; it's a recognizable yet bland and inaccurate representation of the sleek fighter. The set also uses some weird new pieces (as seen on the original Racers sets) in unnecessary colors like yellow and blue. It also has a horrible piece-to-price ratio: 138 pieces for $20. 2/5

I'm sure the moderators will agree with me when I recommend that in the future you refrain from bumping old topics unless you have something substantial to contribute.

On the other hand, here's a nice opportunity to talk about an old set. Now, I'm honestly not sold on the how this set looks (it's too large and clunky, and doesn't feel like a Delta-7 should), and the landing gear is flimsy, but like most of the older sets the build is very solid, very good for swooshing, and I guess the exclusive Obi-wan minifigure is nice for minifigure collectors.

Quite right :sceptic:

Spurs' comment is utterly useless, but you managed to "save" the bumping of this.

Well, seeing as this thread has been bumped again...

Has anyone tried switching out the canopy piece in this set with the new one from the recent Nantex set? I remember everyone saying how fitting it would be...

Well, seeing as this thread has been bumped again...

Has anyone tried switching out the canopy piece in this set with the new one from the recent Nantex set? I remember everyone saying how fitting it would be...

I have not, but I can say that just a swap of the two canopies won't look that good without further modding, because the new one lacks the old one's one brick-high flat back side. It'll leave a gap between the canopy and the with slope above it.

I think the greatest thing about this set is that it's very easy to modify into the new Clone wars type of starfighter. It's also very sturdy and has great playability.

Edited by TheBrickTeen

I think the greatest thing about this set is that it's very easy to modify into the new Clone wars type of starfighter. It's also very sturdy and has great playability.

EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by fallenangel309