Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

Why Can't I Add a Poll to My Thread?

Thanks guys

btw, vbbn change your time

What? :pir_wacko:

And one other thing to add to Kim's post, is don't go around posting 50 pointless points in a row. The ranks only come with respect, so make sure your posts have some content and meaning to them. :pir-classic:

Please guys; when you have a question about the forum look in Website & Forums first! If you did that you would have found that topic 2 was about this very issue. (I'm going to merge this with that topic.) The staff have better things to do than answer the same question every day.

btw, vbbn change your time

You're confused. The time mentioned in a quote is based on the quoters time, not the quotee's.

What Sinner means in his nerdy admin language :tongue: , is that the time you see for when posts are made etc. is the time you have set in your control panel. So VBBN's time is fine, even if it is out from the real time. It just means that you have your time set wrong on Eurobricks. Does that make any sense or is just as confusing as Sinner's explanation was to me? :sceptic:

Sorry Sinner, we all love you.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

What Sinner means in his nerdy admin language :tongue: , is that the time you see for when posts are made etc. is the time you have set in your control panel.

While I do appreciate the love, you have missed my meaning, so I'll put it another way. Look at post 21 and note the time of the matanui911 quote; Dec 14 2008, 04:08 PM. Now note the time of the actual post that it's quoting, that is post 20. Unless you live in the same timezone as VBBN the times won't match when obviously they should. For me it says Dec 15 2008, 08:08 AM. This is because the times given in post 21 are the same no matter what your time zone is as they are stored as a block of text, not an actual time or any kind of dyanamically updating data. (A similar problem occurs when a member changes his display name.) This is where matanui911 read the time, and assumed that it was because VBBN's clock was wrong, and where I said;

The time mentioned in a quote is based on the quoters time, not the quotee's.

Get it?

Aye, that is my bad. Yes, he lives in my timezone. However my time settings keep getting messed up. They are either an hour forward or backward, I can't get the real time. I believe that is why he is telling me to change my time.

I may be spoiling a well kept secret but I did sign up for the reveiwers academy and have as of yet not done a reveiw, BUT! I have been able to post a number of topics that include polls. (That mat just be me though. :pir-look::pir-grin:

Yup I did that. I am planning on making a few bionicle and star wars reviews. :sweet:

Aye, that is my bad. Yes, he lives in my timezone. However my time settings keep getting messed up. They are either an hour forward or backward, I can't get the real time. I believe that is why he is telling me to change my time.

:tongue: So even though my rant is true, he was right anyway! I need a holiday...

While I do appreciate the love, you have missed my meaning, so I'll put it another way. Look at post 21 and note the time of the matanui911 quote; Dec 14 2008, 04:08 PM. Now note the time of the actual post that it's quoting, that is post 20. Unless you live in the same timezone as VBBN the times won't match when obviously they should. For me it says Dec 15 2008, 08:08 AM. This is because the times given in post 21 are the same no matter what your time zone is as they are stored as a block of text, not an actual time or any kind of dyanamically updating data. (A similar problem occurs when a member changes his display name.) This is where matanui911 read the time, and assumed that it was because VBBN's clock was wrong, and where I said;

Get it?

I sorta knew that... Actually, I had no idea. Thanks for clarifying that Sinner. And I think most of the staff of these forums need a holiday! Not many members understand the intense stress their responsibility puts them under and just how greatful we should be of them.

Ok, so I have over 700 posts, firmly placing me in the appropriate rank for making a poll, I have searched the "New Topic" page every time I start a new topic, even going so far as to use the 'Find' funsction on my browser. I have checked the alt-text for all of the buttons and icons on the page yet I am still unable to post a poll.

If anyone can help, please do?

You are in the ladies Group who by deafult can't make polls, but the admins should be able to make you able to make polls, without changing your group.

Stauder.

Edited by Stauder

Ah, I was wondering whether that was the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Messers' Moderator? A little assistance please?

Well, I don't know weather Ladies can make polls by deafult, but I assumed no. See if you can make a poll like Sinner said.

Stauder.

Well, I don't know weather Ladies can make polls by deafult, but I assumed no. See if you can make a poll like Sinner said.

Stauder.

They don't like for us to vote either. :laugh:

I was always able to make polls when I tried but I am part of the reviewer's school.

Members' having more than 500 posts, viewing it from "Knight" group and above, has the power to create poll in Eurobricks. However, for our lovely special group of ladies, kindly pm the staff to allow us to enable the poll powers for you, once you have attained the minimum. :sweet:

As for members below 500 posts, only students from the Reviewers Academy have the ability to create polls to aid in their reviews and practice in both academy and public forums.

Peppermint_M, look through Siegfired's image capture, and see if this option had made available to you.

Thanks.

Yes, it is there now.

Thanks, I was rather confused by it's non-appearance and wondered if it was anything to do with being in a special group.

Thank you for fixing it :classic:

And why exactly is that you have to have a gazillion posts to be able to create a poll? Are we considered to stupid or what? I mean I've been admin on several fora, I know the deal. Same with not being able to post in Buy, Sell and Trade as a vassal?

500 posts takes me years...

I'm not ranting here because I don't feel the need to make a poll or so, just asking myself why, what's the reason/cause?

Edited by Perterz

Same with not being able to post in Buy, Sell and Trade as a vassal?

Not true anymore; only the "I'm new!" group can't post new topics in BSTF.

I'm not ranting here because I don't feel the need to make a poll or so, just asking myself why, what's the reason/cause?

In the ancient history of EB, there was alot of people making too many silly polls. Rather than crack down on polls it was decided to limit them to more senior members. (Before my time, but I'm not for changing the rule.) Personally I don't see it as a big deal; polls are hardly essential for all members to have. I've know many forums that ban them for users altogether.

Thanks for a response this fast! Sounds pretty logical about the polls.

Well yeah it ain't a big deal, nor for me, I was just wondering these things. To bad there always have to be a few little kids/childish adults who're causing things like that.

Thanks for pointing it out.

If you really feel the need to have a poll in your topic, just post it and then ask a Mod/Admin to add one. :classic:

I never knew Knights could make polls! I thought that was a Duke privilege...

Where have I been? :cry_sad:

I never knew Knights could make polls! I thought that was a Duke privilege...

Where have I been? :cry_sad:

In that room over there labelled "uninformed."

So even though I'm only a Citizen, for some reason I can add polls to my topics. I thought that only Knights could do this, but maybe I'm wrong?

P.S. To all mods reading this, please do not revoke this privilege, it is very useful!

EDIT: Yay! 400th post!

Edited by Fugazi
removed poll

ThatGuyWithTheBricks,

The answer is very simple. You have the privilege of creating a poll is because you are a student of the Reviewers Academy. We grant students the power of creating polls for the sole purpose of integrating it together with their pictorial reviews. It's not meant for abuse to create other non-related discussions. A few attempts for other right purposes is fine, but too much of it and not doing it with your reviews is wrong, and could be subjected of the withdrawal of your access inside the Reviewers Academy.

Hope I have made this clear to you.

WhiteFang