Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter One

chapter_one.jpg

A slight breeze winded it's way out of the city of Dratos, ancient capital of the Dragon Masters Kingdom but now a buzzing metropolitan, late on that Tuesday afternoon. The breeze blew its way north, flitting across fields and small farms, until it eventually reached a small secluded valley, approximately 15 miles distance from the city. Within this valley, Dragon's Retreat, belonging to the late Lord Chester, could be found. It stands alone, the only visible landmark for miles around. And it waits...

As the sun touched the tops of the hills of the surrounding valley, and as the shadows began to lengthen, a small group gradually gathered near the old manor house known as Dragon's Retreat. The early arrivals agreed that they would approach the house once all were there, but they still had a nice view of it, standing on the opposite side of the river.

arty_exterior.jpg

One of the first to arrive was a mysterious man who called himself Lord Dragonator. It appeared that he would be accompanying the group on the investigation.

Might I suggest that we all begin by introducing ourselves and perhaps share a little about what we do? Once we are all here we can enter the manor.

And so the EB detectives greeted each other with wide smiles and open arms (figuratively speaking). But in truth, they were wary, for what did they really know of each other? And what secrets did the old house contain that they should be so afraid just to look at it? The mystery had begun, and the answers could only be found within Dragon's Retreat...

Remember that to win the game you must answer the following four questions:

WHO committed the crime?

WHERE was the crime committed (which room)?

WHAT was the murder weapon?

WHY was he killed (motive)?

For the full list of rules, please click on the picture at the top of the page or follow this link.

Good luck everyone, let the game begin!

Participants:

1. ImperialShadows - Peter Crawford; Lawyer

2. Sandy - Susan Greenwood; Receptionist

3. WhiteFang - Dr. Phillip Marshall; General Practitioner

4. Hinckley - Max Sinclair; Actor

5. Sir Dillon - Michael Dunne; CEO of Brick Plates

6. jipay - Bernard Knightly; President of the DHPT

7. ImperialScouts - Lieutenant John Spencer; soldier

8. Sir Nadroj - Dermot Stephens; University Student

9. Mr. Mandalorian - Dr. Gregory Grimsworth; University Professor

10. TheBrickster - Anthony Blackwater; Private Detective

11. Erdbeereis1 - Chef Frederick Valentine; Chef

hello, I am Bernard Knightly, the president of the Dratos Historic Places Trust. Pleased to meet you.

Oh my gosh, it can't be! I must be dreaming. Lord Dragonator can't be alive. I saw your potrait before. When I was a boy, I used to search for old history documents in my attic which was left behind by my ancestors. I believe his name was Grim. He was the head of the Royal Guards back then, and was brutally murdered by one of the Generals whom was a scum, plotting with the smelly Rotro... something.... This place is filled with long vibrant history, which still stands after so many hundreds of years. This is a place for inspiration and great place for history to be re-told, but in a different manner.

Let me offically introduce myself. My name is Dr Phillp Marshall. You may refer me as Dr Phill for short. I am a General Practitioner, working in Dratos and was graduated from the Medical Facility few years ago. I enjoyed my job very much, as it's my honour and duty to save the lives of many fellow citizens in the City. My other areas of interest include medieval history and playing golf during my free time. I am pleased to meet with all of you and it's my honour to be invited to be part of the investigation team where I will offer my expertise to assist in this tedious investigaton.

I'm Max Sinclair-you must all already know me, of course-I'm an arrogant actor (OOC: I'll get you Draggy. :pir-hmpf_bad: )

(OOC: Love you too Hinck. Now cut out that OOC crap! :pir-tongue: )

Ah welcome you three, you are the first to arrive (obviously). Once the others get here we can proceed to enter the manor.

Dr. Phil, I fear you have mistaken me for a mighty and magnificent historical figure who just happens to look exactly like me. People don't live for centuries, really... :pir-look: Um, anyway, back to the topic at hand. :pir-grin:

A new figure approaches the group and introduces himself.

mm_pc_100.png_thumb.jpg

Hello, all! I'm Peter Crawford, partner in the law firm of Crawford and Schneill. Ah, Bernard, good to see you again! Not really familiar with the rest of you, but I'm sure we'll all get to know each other in time. In time for what, I haven't a clue! Haha. :pir_laugh2: Hmm. Well. :pir-sceptic:

*whispers to Bernard* Odd lot, this one. With the doctor rambling on about old dead people and legends and such and that actor OOCing like a monkey, I'm not really sure what to make of all this. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Guess we'll just have to wait for the others. Can't stand people who don't arrive on time, bad show and all that. :pir-hmpf:

Ah, greetings, everyone!

I am Miss Susan Greenwood, but you can just call me Miss Sandy. It's just a little stage name I've used in my past, but it stuck. Now I'm working at a construction company called the Brick Plates, and I've come to check this estate with my boss. Now where has he gone off to?

How about you? What business do you have at this manor? It's really a marvelous sight to behold, even though the garden is a tad overgrown, don't you think? I'd like to know what kind of flowers grows in there.

Good afternoon, Gentlemen. The name's Michael Dunne. I'm the CEO of the construction company Brick Plates. You've probably heard of us. I'm here with Miss Greenwood, who it seems you've already met.

This manor is truly a great architectural work. I look forward to studying it a bit more once we get inside.

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman.

I am Chef Frederick Valentine but you may call me the chef for short , I am French and work in the fanciest hotel restaurant this side of the Atlantic, The Grand Chancellor.

I enjoy a good wine, and also hitting the links with my chef friends. My favorite part about working in my restaurant is getting to shout and scream at those pesky waiters. As for my favorite foods, they would have to be fois gras, escargot, and chocolate mousse.

I look forward to getting to know all of you a bit better...

mystery5.jpg

'Sup, fellas. My name is Dermot Stephens, and I attend university over at Dratos U.

Wow, that Manor is really something. I do study history (among other things) so I can appreciate the history in this place. Done a lot of research online, and this place has always given me the heeby-jeebies. So.... how long 'til my professor Dr. Grimsworth arrives? He said he'd be here....

Anyway, wanna play some soccer while we wait? I brought my ball!

'Sup, fellas. My name is Dermot Stephens, and I attend university over at Dratos U.

Weird, you smell familiar. Have you done any acting?

Me? Is it B.O?

Oh, ah, no, no acting. Perhaps you've smelled me at the computer shop I work at not too far from here.

3085781252_8810ef8231_m.jpg

Right, right. Let us get started shall we?

Introduction? Right.

I'm Lieutenant John Spencer, a soldier in the army. Not much else to me, mind you. I do enjoy fly fishing when I can. Martial arts too.

Excuse my garb, I just got back from the field and had no time to change.

Nice to meet you all.

Well you're a quite bunch, aren't you? We are just waiting on two more people to arrive, and then we'll head on in. In the mean time, feel free to talk amongst yourselves and exchange pleasantries etc. Really, normally you guys can't keep your mouth's shut! :pir_laugh2:

(For the sanity of Hinck and also because I didn't bring any of my other personalities with me, I'm not going to type in red. Italics are story, normal is speaking etc. Colours are for when things get out of hand. :devil:)

My my Lieutenant Spencer, you certainly have a very stressed look about you!

Come over to the kitchen later and I'll whip you up a calming 5 course meal. We can talk a bit about the mystery if you please.

Excuse me, Mr. Sinclair, but I know you by reputation. See, I used to be a performer myself until one day I found myself unemployed. Anyway, I'm a great admirer of your work, and I'd love to get your autograph, if I may?

My oh my, it's getting late. We ought to keep our time sync. It's getting a little windy down here. I wonder how long we need to stay in the open.

Come over to the kitchen later and I'll whip you up a calming 5 course meal. We can talk a bit about the mystery if you please.

Mystery? I say, what are you talking about? Is there a mystery about? How interesting!

Max Sinclair bounds over, full of energy, among other things, rambling on about his acting career. :imperialguard_commander1:

What was that? No, Mr. Sinclair, I have not seen any of your movies. I am more of a fan of the classic adventure genre and not particularly likely to see anything that would hire the likes of you made recently. I did, however, see you on tv doing a commercial for Fruity Flakes in rainbow coloured tights and a strategically placed foam 'flake'. I wasn't impressed. :pir-hmpf_bad:

May I partake? I know you by reputation, sir. You have an excellent pallette for fine wines, don't ya'? I'm a wine conesseiur myself. Not that I know how to spell connesseiure but you know what I mean. I was the wine-pouring guy in the last movie I starred in. That movie would've been nothing without me pouring wine for Angelina Jolie in that one scene. Did you see it? It's called "The Wine Pouring Guy." Oh, wait. My mistake, that was the working title. Angelina's publicist thought it should reflect her as the star more, so they re-named it TombRaider 3.

Excuse me, Mr. Sinclair, but I know you by reputation. See, I used to be a performer myself until one day I found myself unemployed. Anyway, I'm a great admirer of your work, and I'd love to get your autograph, if I may?

I'm sorry to hear that. How did you find yourself unemployed? And I'd be happy to give you my autograph. I give out so many it's much like breathing for me. What would you like me to write? And what should I sign? Your lovely breasts, maybe? That's what rock stars do. But I suppose the ink would wash away. Perhaps we can tattoo my signature on your chest?

What was that? No, Mr. Sinclair, I have not seen any of your movies. I am more of a fan of the classic adventure genre and not particularly likely to see anything that would hire the likes of you made recently. I did, however, see you on tv doing a commercial for Fruity Flakes in rainbow coloured tights and a strategically placed foam 'flake'. I wasn't impressed. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Well, clearly, I'm not a big fan of yours either. I don't know you at all but I assume you're the type of person who would murder a king, open an Italian restaurant but serve Russian food and pretend to be clergy when you are actually a witch! All the time complaining about the game hosts...of life. I don't what makes me assume these things, but I'm sure they're true. You disgust me...Nice to meet you.

Me, stressed? Sure, I would like to have a nice meal. How about we all have a nice meal?

Really, normally you guys can't keep your mouth's shut! :pir_laugh2:

Is that so? I don't recall ever meeting you before... how would you know whether or not I am a talkative person?

Mr. Sinclair, I hear you are going to star in a movie directed by Peter Jackson in the near future. This is something I would be interested in hearing more about.

Well, clearly, I'm not a big fan of yours either. I don't know you at all but I assume you're the type of person who would murder a king,

You're rambling like Dr. Phil now. What is it with you daft chaps and your imaginary legends? You're the sort who would forget to kick a pigeon and cause a Grim death. :pir-skull:

open an Italian restaurant but serve Russian food

I have a cousin who runs a Russo-Italian restaurant, but it's far from here in a particularly well-built town, though the name escapes me at this point. Speaking of well built towns, how about that Miss Sandy?

and pretend to be clergy when you are actually a witch!

Laugh it up, dead witch-boy.

All the time complaining about the game hosts...of life.

That's where I know you! You were the horrid little host of "Wheel of Stupid"! Now it all makes sense. :imperialguard_commander1:

I don't what makes me assume these things, but I'm sure they're true. You disgust me...Nice to meet you.

All the time I read that, I could hear "Secret Lovers" playing in my mind. I was a bit disturbed, yet not entirely disgusted. A pleasure to meet you too. :pir-sceptic:

Mr. Sinclair, I hear you are going to star in a movie directed by Peter Jackson in the near future. This is something I would be interested in hearing more about.

*oh2* How did you know? I would talk about it but I'm under contract not to reveal any details of the project. I'm surprised you know this since Mr. Jackson wants to keep the project hush-hush...

A pleasure to meet you too. :pir-sceptic:

Oh good, we're friends now. :classic:

Where's Dr. Grimsworth? He should have been here by now... I hope he hasn't gotten himself lost!

I hope he hasn't gotten himself lost!

Or been run over by a stagecoach. Again... :pir_laugh2: