Buttons

Bricklink questions

What are your honest opinions on BL, some stuff seems overpriced (could be the crap economy/currency), but some don't seem to bad, and there are allot of stuff that doesn't seem to be for sale here in Australia.

What are your honest opinions on BL, some stuff seems overpriced (could be the crap economy/currency), but some don't seem to bad, and there are allot of stuff that doesn't seem to be for sale here in Australia.

Most stuff is overpriced. The price guide has been getting higher and higher averages since the admin removed the all time averages from the listing. More and more people are selling and the greediest of them are hiking the guide up and up. It doesn't help either that there are now super stores with millions in inventory that are basically forcing prices on almost everything. Even the biggest used parts stores tend to monopolize a bit keeping prices high.

Your best options are to find smaller stores with prices you like and just buy the parts you need for projects and not all the stuff you want. Your collection will expand slower but you won't have to spend as much money. Also, be on the lookout for parts you want within 6-12 months after it is released. If you look to buy the newer parts right away they are sure to be overpriced, if you wait too long on desirable part they will only go up in price usually after the series has ended. I have found many deals on parts in the 6-12 timeframe though, some you might call rediculous.

If you want to sell then just price how you want to. In my store, most prices are average but that is actually only to limit the orders I get while I am in school. If I priced things in the range of where I would buy them then I could not keep up with the orders. Many sellers, especially in the AU, are at a disadvantage because of the pricing difference of retail LEGO. You might want to consider Ebay or second hand options.

Thanks for the info, but i should have said i was after old SW sets, like the UCS ISD and the old AT-AT.

How do I know what exchange rate is used by a Bricklink store?

If I have wanted list with say 100 parts in it, and I order 60 parts from one bricklink store, are they automatically removed from my wanted list leaving me with 40 parts?

It varies from store to store, and from day to day. Many stores only accept their home currency, and use Paypal's exchange rate, which is a little less than the actual exchange rate. Some stores use websites like xe.com to figure out the exact price, and charge you that (in your currency). Finally, some stores have fixed rates such as $1 USD = .85 Euro, etc. Hope I've helped you!

If I have wanted list with say 100 parts in it, and I order 60 parts from one bricklink store, are they automatically removed from my wanted list leaving me with 40 parts?
No, there´s no "count down" function on BL. You´ll have to remove them manually.

CopMike

To start off I think that this is in the right section but I don't know.

I have a bricklink store and today for the second time someone backed out of a purchase after sending me an invoice. I could understand if it where for a different reason but both have been because the person didn't read the condition of the minifigure for sale. Is there a way tho prevent this from happening and has this happened to anyone else?

Wouldn't the forum on bricklink itself be a better place for this? After all, that's where many of the other sellers are hanging out. My activity on bricklink is limited to buying stuff and my experience as a buyer has been 100% good. However, running a store sounds like a lot of hassle to me.

Cheers,

Ralph

Other than the buyer actually paying attention to what they're buying? Unfortuately, no. :sceptic:

To start off I think that this is in the right section but I don't know.

I have a bricklink store and today for the second time someone backed out of a purchase after sending me an invoice. I could understand if it where for a different reason but both have been because the person didn't read the condition of the minifigure for sale. Is there a way tho prevent this from happening and has this happened to anyone else?

I have moved and merged this topic here, since it's related to BrickLink questions.

It doesn't happen automatically but there is a little check box you can select on check out to remove the items from your wanted list. It's pretty small and not obvious, but it's there, so keep an eye out.

I have moved and merged this topic here, since it's related to BrickLink questions.

Thank you

It seems like there is nothing to do but it is frustrating when people don't read what they are buying before they buy it.

Does anyone know of a store that specializes in minifig parts? And not too expensive?

I have a Bricklink LDD question i tried to look & search for the answer but without sucess, so here goes:

Is there a way to extract a part list from an LDD file in order to use it into bricklink for my want list?

Does BrickLink have every Bionicle Piece? I can't find the vehicle plating from 2008, and there a lot of pieces (like the hands from '01-'08) in the Technic sections... It'll be hard to build a MOC with the way they have the piece database set up...

I have a question when purchasing pieces on bricklink what is the new gray colour, light bluish gray or gray? Oh is it possible for someone to tell me for all the new colours we have changed to?

I have a question when purchasing pieces on bricklink what is the new gray colour, light bluish gray or gray? Oh is it possible for someone to tell me for all the new colours we have changed to?

If it say's Light bluish grey or dark bluish grey, It's the new colours, If not, It's the old ones.

Does BrickLink have every Bionicle Piece? I can't find the vehicle plating from 2008, and there a lot of pieces (like the hands from '01-'08) in the Technic sections... It'll be hard to build a MOC with the way they have the piece database set up...

No, they don't, but they have quite a bit. If you can't find a piece (or if it's overpriced), put it on your Wanted List. You can also check their catalog. Simply find the set the piece is in, and click on its part number. It'll usually show what stores have it in stock.

As for your comment, the only BIONICLE parts that aren't in the BIONICLE section are the sockets, and the "Toa Hordika necks", which are in "Technic, Connecters", and "Technic, Liftarms", respectively.

The grey used from 2004 onward is labeled as light/dark bluish grey, whereas the grey before that is simply light/dark grey.

I don't really get your second question. Maybe you can rephrase it?

How important is insurance? I notice a lot of the sellers have that "yours once shipped, not responsible afterwards/etc unless you purchase insurance" disclaimer.

How important is insurance? I notice a lot of the sellers have that "yours once shipped, not responsible afterwards/etc unless you purchase insurance" disclaimer.

I never get insurance for the orders up to $75.00, unless the parts I am getting are scarce on Bricklink. I hope this helps!

Edited by Ricecracker

I never get insurance for the orders up to $75.00, unless the parts I am getting are scarce on Bricklink. I hope this helps!

Anyone had any problems with a shop called "Toy Brick Brigade" from Idaho?

I firstly hadn't recieved the past Items (I ordered about 2 months ago) and I ordered another set, my last order I needed and its already been about 4-5 days and I haven't recieved the items. My father has complained about it but I really do not want them to cancel the order because those are the only shop that sells everything I need. What should I do?

Anyone had any problems with a shop called "Toy Brick Brigade" from Idaho?

I had a great order from them a few months ago. I'm not sure what you should do, though. Sorry

I had a great order from them a few months ago. I'm not sure what you should do, though. Sorry

Looking at there Feedback, A few people have nearly exactly the same problem as me:

Complaint lChristophel (4) 2/22/2007 652771 Seller

Extremely slow, 2 months to send and it misses some parts, last order ... :-(

And about 41 more complaints like that, All about the Shipping time and Missing parts.

Do you think they will send items? Cause if they dont I wont be able to complete my HMS Unicorn which I just bought everyone on Bricklink for...Because they have the Yellow Slopes I need.

Do you think they will send items? Cause if they dont I wont be able to complete my HMS Unicorn which I just bought everyone on Bricklink for...Because they have the Yellow Slopes I need.

I did a bit of looking at this store and contackted them and found out that most of these issues come from international buyers. I guess that customs or something must take a while or something. Hope this helps :classic: