Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Steam Wars: Royal Gunship

indexed.gif

Hello there! :classic: This was my entry for the Steam Wars contest on FBTB. A great contest, I must say! :thumbup: Unfortunately, amongst all the awesome entries, my entry wasn't very popular, so I didn't even have a chance of winning. :sceptic: But I am still kinda proud of this MOC, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

It's obviously a steampunk version of the Republic Gunship. It's a low-altitude flying machine for transporting her majestys soldiers into battle.

The left side with the commander in the back:

2008_02_fz50_050small.jpg

The front with the two pilots and front cannons which can be aimed to the sides:

2008_02_fz50_036small.jpg

The right side with an ARC soldier in the back:

2008_02_fz50_035small.jpg

Close-up of the commander and one of the ball turrets:

2008_02_fz50_037small.jpg

The back with a ramp that can be lowered and the rear cannon which can be aimed up and down:

2008_02_fz50_047small.jpg

2008_02_fz50_048small.jpg

That's it actually.

I also made a steampunk speederbike. I'll post pics of it too some day.

Please tell me what you think of this model and how you like my clone soldier minifigs. Also, tell me what I could have done to give it a better chance in the contest. :wink:

Oky, can you do me a favour by resizing your pictures to 640x480? I will like to view your entry, but the pictures are too massive and causing laggards on my browser at this moment. Thanks.

I love the two cannons in the front and the engines Oky, my favourite was the machine gun :classic: Resize the pics faster please! My computer took a long time to load them.

Sorry for taking out the pictures, but you need to resize them to a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels before you post them.

Check out the tutorial index on how to do so, link is in my sig. :wink:

This is an excellent Steam Wars ship, I love the way it translates between the original and this theme. Really well done.

:thumbup:

Pretty cool!

If you Google Steampunk Star Wars, you can find pics of custom action figures and art pieces with Star Wars Steampunk.

nice steam gunship.

nice color combination, i always like brown and tan.

i like the propellers design, very nice with usage of barrel parts.

cool creation. :thumbup:

Since this is a great steampunk Star Wars MOC, I've "helped" a little bit and resized one of the pics for us to enjoy until Oky Wan gets around to resizing the rest of them.

okywankenobi.jpg

very interesteing, somehow captures the feels of the RGS, but retains a steampunk flair of its own, nice.

Awesome work Oky Wan Kenobi :thumbup: , it looks great by itself but I will add some constructive and positive critism :wink: . First I suggest you to change the white clothes that covers the ship motor and if you have enough pieces built a greebling steampunk motor so it will look more steampunky :grin: . Then, maybe if you can put some more greebling at the sides of the ship it will look better :sweet: . And to end I suggest you to maybe but something more "bulky" behind the "web" sides so it wouldn´t look empty. So I finish with my suggestions and sorry if I sound very critic but this are only suggestions to make your MOC even better :sweet: .

Nice republic gunship. I like how you put cannons on your ship replacing the guns and how you gave the gunship a piraty effect.

Very well designed.

Good work overall.

I really enjoy those steampunks.

-Ras-

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys! :blush:

Since this is a great steampunk Star Wars MOC, I've "helped" a little bit and resized one of the pics for us to enjoy until Oky Wan gets around to resizing the rest of them.

Thanks for providing that teaser pic, Santa... er, I mean, KimT! :thumbup:

I resized them now, so I hope you guys can enjoy all of the pics. :wink: I also hope that this can be indexed now! :sweet:

Nice republic gunship. I like how you put cannons on your ship replacing the guns and how you gave the gunship a piraty effect.

Thanks! You know, it was those cannons that gave me the idea for this MOC! I was looking through all my tan and brown parts for inspiration, and when I turned one of the cannons sideways in my hand, I thought it kinda looked like one of the guns on the nose of a gunship with the angle and all. So that's what I made: a gunship! :sweet:

It wasn't meant to look piraty, more like cavalry-ish, but if it does, it's good, I guess, since it's Pirates Month. :pir-tongue:

Very well designed.

Good work overall.

I really enjoy those steampunks.

-Ras-

Same, I love steampunks!!! Kudos to people that can do it :thumbup: Because I cant :blush: So great job Oky!!!! :thumbup::cry_happy: I love what you have done and good luck :thumbup::wub:

Really nice job, Oky Wan Kenobi :thumbup:

I :wub: the nose with those two cannons!

LuxorV

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys! :blush:

Thanks for providing that teaser pic, Santa... er, I mean, KimT! :thumbup:

I resized them now, so I hope you guys can enjoy all of the pics. :wink: I also hope that this can be indexed now! :sweet:

Sure thing.

I'll do that.

And may I add again that this is one sweet steampunk Star Wars MOC.

It's been a while since we've had any and this could reignite people's lust for doing them :thumbup:

And may I add again that this is one sweet steampunk Star Wars MOC.

It's been a while since we've had any and this could reignite people's lust for doing them :thumbup:

Thanks. :blush:

Yeah, I know, that's why I posted it. I was going through the MOC & MOD index and saw that there were only, like, four Steam Wars MOCs, so I thought I'd enrich that section of the index a bit. :wink:

Btw, can't we also have a Castle Wars section? One with all the castle-fied SW MOCs like Majek's vignettes in the Historical forum?

I was thinking about making some Castle Wars MOCs myself.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thats a really nice Ship although it may be a bit to "Woody".

If that gets shot by a Gatling gun its going down straight away. Mabye some metal to beef it up would help.

This piece would go nicely with the side parts near the guns:

4515px2.jpg

huh huh , I prefer it like this! it's sooo cool! I love your moc, well.. I love steampunk so that's surely the reason that makes me love your moc so much XD

:cry_happy: awesome! the best entry i have seen yet i love it! i like the laser turrets and HUGE jets! though i am not a big fan of the figures i love the module! :vader:

OWK - WOW!

If your's didn't win the standard must be impressive because I think your RGS is awesome.

Jeremy