Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

Murder In The Market!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 38d

:jollyroger:Murder In The Market! :jollyroger:

It was a peaceful day in the village market place, merchants were selling their wares, produce, fish, meat, flowers, it seemed as though nothing could be wrong with the beautiful day, especially since there was 1 soldier on guard. Wait! Weren't there 2 before!?

Pirate attack! The ruthless pirates have already taken their first victim, and are holding innocent shopkeepers hostage, although one of them seems to have something up her hair sleeve.

Meanwhile, below the village streets, the pirates wait for their comrades in the underground hideout. Oh, the humanity!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ptv_medium-small_updated_007.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_008.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_009.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_010.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_011.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_012.jpg

Thanks for all of the tips and suggestions guys!

Ye be findin' many more pictures o' this on me Flickr page!

Thank ye Classic-Pirates for hostin' such a jolly good contest! I really enjoyed makin' me entries and settin' eyes on all o' the other great ones!

Good luck mateys! :monkey:

Nice job,... I like it... :pir-laugh:

Maybe a little detail and matter of opinion, but put the pirate with the red/black stripes on the other side of the girl... so that you got a diagonal interaction... but in general nice moc.

Grtz,

kurt

nice entry Erdbeereis1 ! I like all the littles details you put in it^^ but there's something I don't really like, it's the colours scheme of the upper part of the building, it looks strange I think, but anyway the rest is ok ^^

so, I wish you the best for the contest erdbeereis2,5 , good luck!

Great entry Erdbeereis1! The classic vignette feel it has to it with you building up looks great. My favorite has to be the white statue. Marabel I suppose? :pir-wink:

Thanks everyone!

Newright, yes, it's supposed to be sort of a marble statue of some famous person :pir-tongue: .

Guss, what colors do you think would be better? It's currently tan, dark bley and brown, I thought that would give it a nice old-time look.

Thanks again, your comment are much appreciated! :pir-classic:

the colours are fine, it s just the way they're rearranged ^^ I think it would be better with only the 2 upper "line" in tan, and the rest of the upper part in blue and brown.. wait .. I don't really know how to say it, I'm gonna make it on LDD and show it^^

Edit: here is what I meant

(sorry for the colours, but as ldd don't have the right colours, I edited it quickly on photoshop ^^)

post-3895-1227799138.jpg

sorry I attached it to the post, if and admin want me to upload it on another ftp, I can.

it's just an example, but I think something like this should be nice^^ ( you can add details or things ^^ )

Edited by Guss

the colours are fine, it s just the way they're rearranged ^^ I think it would be better with only the 2 upper "line" in tan, and the rest of the upper part in blue and brown.. wait .. I don't really know how to say it, I'm gonna make it on LDD and show it^^

Edit: here is what I meant

(sorry for the colours, but as ldd don't have the right colours, I edited it quickly on photoshop ^^)

post-3895-1227799138.jpg

sorry I attached it to the post, if and admin want me to upload it on another ftp, I can.

it's just an examble, but I think something like this should be nice^^ ( you can add details or things ^^ )

Ah, okay.

That looks really nice and I may do something like that when I build a bakery, but I wanted this to have a really random brick pattern. Plus, I don't have have tan 1x2s unfortunately.

It definitely looks good though, and thanks for the feedback. :pir-classic:

arf you always need tan bricks! :P

but I wanted this to have a really random brick pattern.

oh ok ^^ I didn't knew this ^^ so that's ok, plus , it's a minor point in this entry, this upper part is not really important, so even If I don't really like it, and it's just my opinion, I love the rest of the entry so that's nice :pir-sweet:

My opinion:

very good, Erdbeereis1, i really like this entry. The market is so detailed and has so many wares to sell and your pirates look very good too.

Possible improvements:

1) The dead soldier's position looks a bit weird, holding his arms a bit into the sky and why doesn't his head show us a very scared facial expression :jollyroger: ? I would also put a red brick on his neck because the black on it is a bit disturbing IMHO.

2) Maybe you could add an opening in the street (with or without bars) so the pirates 'downstairs' seem a bit 'connected' to the ones above.

3) I agree with Guss about the upper wall section, but considering you have a good reason and do not have the bricks to build it anyway, you will be just as fine.

Non-brick related advise:

1) Why don't you maximize the first picture to 800x600 to show us more? It will be easier for the judges as well to see your marvelous work!

Edited by zorro3999

It is ok but the gaurds hat should be on its side. its almost impossible to get down to the sewers so you need a hole or somethig. i liked the way you used cherries for blood.its a 3 or 4 out of 5.

My opinion:

very good, Erdbeereis1, i really like this entry. The market is so detailed and has so many wares to sell and your pirates look very good too.

Possible improvements:

1) The dead soldier's position looks a bit weird, holding his arms a bit into the sky and why doesn't his head show us a very scared facial expression :jollyroger: ? I would also put a red brick on his neck because the black on it is a bit disturbing IMHO.

2) Maybe you could add an opening in the street (with or without bars) so the pirates 'downstairs' seem a bit 'connected' to the ones above.

3) I agree with Guss about the upper wall section, but considering you have a good reason and do not have the bricks to build it anyway, you will be just as fine.

Non-brick related advise:

1) Why don't you maximize the first picture to 800x600 to show us more? It will be easier for the judges as well to see your marvelous work!

Thanks for your feedback Zorro! I might try to make some improvements if I can find the time.

1) I didn't want to use a scared head, as I wanted the head to be different than the soldier behind the statue. This man was no coward! :pir-tongue:

Also, at least in movies and such, dead bodies seem to have a really blank expression. I don't think I'll change that, but I will certainly try to add some sort of a red piece on the neck.

2) I thought about that, but wasn't sure how I should go about doing it. Do you think that a ladder leading down off of the left side of the street would look O.K.?

3) When you re-size pictures, it always has a set ratio to follow, so when a picture is verticle like that it's impossible to make it 800 x 600 as far as I know.

================================================================================

Thanks again everyone for the comments, and if I can, I'll certainly try to make some improvements.

Opinion

I have scene another Market MOC, but this one is much better by far. The market has a lot of detail. The crates of food, the fish and chicken you have on display looks really nice. Did you use the green exo-force hair as cabbage? If so, that is a great use of minifig accessories. The house looks really good. I like how you used different dark colored pieces to create the building. The awning you have put in fits your MOC really well. Did you burn that piece of fabric that you are using for the awning? I like how you used cherries for the blood. I have not seen that before. The little secret pirate hideout is fascinating. The spider and skeleton pieces makes it look spooky.

Possible Improvements

1) I would have some brown pieces floating in the water if it is the sewer.

Overall- You have yet made another great PTV entry. I like that you have included a lot of detail in your MOC. I like that you included the new pirates. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Opinion

I have scene another Market MOC, but this one is much better by far. The market has a lot of detail. The crates of food, the fish and chicken you have on display looks really nice. Did you use the green exo-force hair as cabbage? If so, that is a great use of minifig accessories. The house looks really good. I like how you used different dark colored pieces to create the building. The awning you have put in fits your MOC really well. Did you burn that piece of fabric that you are using for the awning? I like how you used cherries for the blood. I have not seen that before. The little secret pirate hideout is fascinating. The spider and skeleton pieces makes it look spooky.

Possible Improvements

1) I would have some brown pieces floating in the water if it is the sewer.

Overall- You have yet made another great PTV entry. I like that you have included a lot of detail in your MOC. I like that you included the new pirates. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Thanks LegoKing!

The lettuce is indeed Exo-force hair, and I held the fabric up to a flame for a short time to give it an old weatherbeaten look.

It's not really supposed to be a sewer, more of an underground river.

Pirate4life, I have a way to get down to the sewer, plus some other improvements done now.

Pictures will be up soon.