Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

A Pirate's Death

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 38b

Here's my small entry: Now updated with new improvements.

:jollyroger:A Pirate's Death :jollyroger:

It's not spectacular, but I figured I'd make a quick entry just for the fun of it. :pir-classic:

=============================================================

When a pirate was captured, he or she would often be executed.

One photographer managed to get in to the event and snap a few shots of the execution... :jollyroger:

ptv_medium-small_updated_006.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_004.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_003.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_002.jpg

ptv_medium-small_updated_001.jpg

And for those that wanted a black-and-white picture: :pir-laugh:

news.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Nice and simple. :jollyroger: The blood looks great.

Possible Improvements:

Change the skeleton head/white hands to a regular pirate head/scared head/bloody head

Flip the front of the vignette to the other side (of the base) and put tiles on it.

Also, maybe take out the soldiers gun. i think it might lead to confusion about how they are executed. (at least it did for me) Great job BTW!

My opinion:

And another very good MOC from Erdbeereis1, who really has proven himself to be a fantastic brickbuilder!

Possible improvements:

1) IMHO, for being one of YOUR MOCs, it lacks some details, like: a musket instead of a pistol, a feather for the tricorne hat, adding a rat, you should have decided between a dying (bleeding) pirate or a long dead (skeleton) pirate...

2) As suggested by Captain Kirk, I really would add some black birds to the picture if you have them.

3) A photographer managed to take a shot? Then it would be in black and white, no :pir_laugh2: ? And why not adding one, even when it's a bit out of place in that period of time.

Edited by zorro3999

My opinion:

And another very good MOC from Erdbeereis1, who really has proven himself to be a fantastic brickbuilder!

Possible improvements:

1) IMHO, for being one of YOUR MOCs, it lacks some details, like: a musket instead of a pistol, a feather for the tricorne hat, adding a rat, you should have decided between a dying (bleeding) pirate or a long dead (skeleton) pirate...

2) As suggested by Captain Kirk, I really would add some black birds to the picture if you have them.

3) A photographer managed to take a shot? Then it would be in black and white, no :pir_laugh2: ? And why not adding one, even when it's a bit out of place in that period of time.

Thanks Zorro and everyone else!

1) At the moment I don't actually have any plumes or rats, but I'll have the plumes when I get some more new pirate sets and the rat in the castle advent calendar. I may change the pistol though...

2) Do any non-brick built black birds exist? I may have a go at building one.

3) That I can do. I had to come up with some kind of story. :pir-tongue:

======================================================

Thanks again everyone, your comments are much appreciated, and I'll try to improve some things and update the pictures.

nice, simple, and effective entry Erdbeereis^^ I don't really see any improvement to it ^^

I like the guards face but you need something more in this. If all the flesh on the dead pirate rotted ayway the clothes sohuld of been worren ayway mostly. this is prettey small and it ok so its a 4 out of 5.

Opinion

I think this is a great entry Erdbeeseis1. I like how you made the pirate hanging from the rope, being lynched by the Imperial Guard. The little things you added in your MOC, like the plants are very nice. I also like how you made the base of your MOC a tan color to give a beach effect. The blood you have goes good with your MOC well.

Possible Improvements

1) You could have a crab or a snake crawling under the pirate.

2) If the execution of the pirate is happening when the photographer took the picture, why does the pirate have skeleton arms and head? I would change the head to a screaming expression and change the hands back to yellow.

3) You could add a bat somewhere in your MOC.

4) I agree with zorro3999, the photos should be in black and white.

Overall- I really like your idea of executing a pirate. I can see you have included the new Imperial Guard. There are some little things I would fix to make your MOC look even better. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

LegoKing, thanks for your comments!

I don't think I'll add a bat because tha doesn't seem to me like something that would be on a beach. However I did add a crab and a crow type bird.

I also don't think it would be wise for all of the pictures to be black-and-white, but I will have one.

I've made a few improvements and once I edit the pictures and upload them, I'll post them here.

Thanks again everyone!