CopMike

Review - 8017 Darth Vader´s TIE Fighter

indexed.gif

Hi!

Here´s a little review of the new 8017 Darth Vader´s TIE Fighter - enjoy :laugh:!

Set Name: Darth Vader ´s TIE Fighter

Set Number: 8017

Price: Probably $29.99 US

Pieces: 251

Minifigures: 1

Stickers: 1 sheet

The box

8017_1.jpg

First we start of with a picture from the front - beautiful shiny box with the Dark Lord in the right bottom corner.

In the upper right corner there is the classic picture from the original design from 1999 - nice tribute :thumbup:!

8017_3.jpg

The back shows some features and the upcoming 8014-8016 sets. The same 1999 logo can be found here also.

Darth CopMike makes a push for the environment friendly windpower for some reason :hmpf:!

8017_9.jpg

One shortside with the same pictures as we seen on the above, nothing new.

The other shortside is just the same old "Made in ....." etc and the item number 4534752.

8017_7.jpg

Now we check out the backside a bit more. First off is a closer look at Mr Vader with his so new nice print - same torso as the Death Star one.

And we get to see that he stores his ignited lightsaber on the outside of the ship during flight :wacko:.

8017_2.jpg

Here we can see that the cockpit opens like it usually does, so he can get out, that´s heavy dude!

There seem to be a serious lack of instruments and stuff though to pilot it, maybe it´s like a homing pigeon and knows where to fly?

8017_5.jpg

With the index finger (not included) you can push on the fire mechanism and .......

8017_6.jpg

- Ze missile is launched. Eat that you Rebel scum :vader:!

8017_8.jpg

As the last shot of the box you can see the MasterTM and his apprentice DV getting down.

That was the box. Now we open it and find ....... NOTHING :sick:! It´s empty!! It´s a trap!!! I´ve been cheated - it´s a mock-up box!

Well actually I knew that, because the box is a store display one, used for the near release of the set.

And in Sweden you get an extra Darth Vader if you pre-book your set :wub:! And that has been done3:laugh:!

Well that was all for now - I´ll be back!

CopMike

:wacko: Since when did we have reviews of preview boxes?

Nice review though, considering that it's all you've got. I hope you update it properly with the rest of the set later. :laugh:

Awesome box! you tricked me which makes me very angry you Sweedish Bulldog :angry: . I sure wish it came with that index finger.

Edited by Skipper 24

nice box review.

even just reviewing the box, i feel enjoyed. still waiting the best part indeed. thanks Mike. :classic:

CopMike, I recognized the foul stench of your teasery the moment I opened this thread.

Not really a stellar set to celebrate 10 years, but I'm glad they made it grey, and the new improved Vader is a bonus. And, it's much better than the previous versions, which were little more than black and blue cubes with add-ons.

Bah! Will we be expecting a full review once you get the real set, CopMike? :cry_happy:

Thanks for the neat BOX review CopMike :laugh::thumbup: . It is cool to see that the TLC give us a nice box design for those people (Including me, of course!) that keep all the boxes :thumbup: . I also think that it is not the best choice by the TLC for the January 10 anniversary set but at least they make it on grey :tongue: . I would muh prefer they release the Rebel Medium Transport for the January set, c´mon TLC we need some rebel "crusiers" :sweet: . And it is just me or the hands of Vader look grey on the box :wacko: ?

Really a nice review :thumbup:

We have been told that this set will be released on the 1, or 5 of december in Sweden.

Anyone else got any info of this set when to be released in your countrys?

´Cause it really can´t be that "we" will be first to get a set in the world.

That has never happend before...

-Ras-

Really a nice review :thumbup:

We have been told that this set will be released on the 1, or 5 of december in Sweden.

Anyone else got any info of this set when to be released in your countrys?

´Cause it really can´t be that "we" will be first to get a set in the world.

That has never happend before...

-Ras-

Well, cant really say for Singapore but Americans will propably be the first to get it though. :hmpf_bad:

I've been bamboozled! :tongue::wacko:

Well, the box looks nice at least!

"You know - when you'be been tango'ed!"

For now, I think this is the best review so far of that set and thus I'll put this in the review index :grin: