Sign in to follow this  
74louloute

When I grow up, I wanna be a pirate...

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 37d

Young Ned is sleeping. He spent his afternoon to imagine his life when he will be older.

Each night, his dreams are about pirates. But tonight, it's a bit more cruel...

He is dreaming about his mentor : The Great and Cruel Iron Hook.

3056589765_67aae1ebe8.jpg

3056589879_288df9bca2.jpg

3056589993_46e0986d9f.jpg

3057427948_8fa1552e47.jpg

3057428100_35d20a58d3.jpg

The cast :

3056590333_b268469530.jpg

This entry is still about The Cruel Iron Hook... :pir-skull:

Any advises or comments are welcomed !

Edited by SlyOwl

HA HA! That's pretty Cool! I think Neds a bit to Young to have a Real Sword? Is it a Plastic one??? :P

Great work and very creative 74louloute :thumbup:

...Is it a Plastic one??? :P

Of course it's a plastic one! :pir-tongue:

It's lego! :pir-laugh:

74louloute , that's a wonderful entry ^^ and really original ! I love it!

the idea is cool , and you did well!

what I see to improve it ? maybe make the round part for the first bubble white, not tan ^^ but if you don't have the piece, that's ok

I also think that the first pictures is not the one I chose , I think the first one should be the second one :pir_wacko:

well, that's a really nice entry anyway, and I wish you good luck for the contest !

Lovely creation

The idea is really cool

A good entry! I really like the thought cloud effect. I would, though, add some more furniture, and maybe some toys, to suggest that he is a little boy. Also, A funny thing should be having a scared Mom looking at the bubble! :pir_laugh2:

A very different entry than all the others in the contest. I like it. It's very creative.

The "dream" is really nice. The motions and feelings is wellmade I think. You running man is great.

The way you have shown the dream is very invetitative.

Possible improvements

Have you considered adding a even smaller "cloud"? 1x1 round brick.

If you could make the smallest of your "clouds" white instead of tan I think that would be great.

You blanket at the bed is good, but I think you should tile it with a 1x2 and a 1x1 instead of you 3 1x1. That would make less "cracks" and make it look smoother. The best solution would be a bed that was a bit longer, so you could tiel it with a 1x4 tile.

You haven't used you picture max. I'd like to see a picture of Ned for instance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Very different entry - in the good way :pir-wink:

Good luck lad.

Opinion

74louloute, I have not seen a MOC about someone dreaming about pirates. I like how you made Young Ned sleeping in his little bed, while he is having a dream about a pirate chasing him. I also like how you created the little clouds leading up to his dream. That is very clever 74louloute, and I give you credit for doing that. By the bottom of the bed, I like how you have the pirate hat and sword in that position. The door you have created is also very nice and I like how you made the doorknob.

Possible Improvements

1) Some thing caught my eye, the first bubble is white and the other two are white. If you have a white one of that piece, I would change it.

2) If you would like to make your MOC funny, add a monkey climbing up into the bubble.

Non-Brick Related

1) You can include a picture just of the minifigs used in your MOC.

Overall- You have done a very nice job on your MOC and looks like it took you a long time to create. The thing that first caught my eye was that your MOC is very smooth and nice looking. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My opinion:

You sure do have a lot of imagination and creativity, dear 74louloute! Anyway, in short: I like it! :thumbup: This is not only very original, but funny as well.

In contradiction to some others, I think your bed looks great, and a lot more real then tiled beds too! Now you can see he lyes underneath it and is having wild dreams!

Possible improvements:

1) Why not making Young Ned into the victim that is running away? Just see both haircolours are matching and perhaps take a picture of young Ned in his bed.

2) Add more 'toys' on the floor to show Ned really only has one true love! Examples: a hook (must have), a separate wooden leg and a cape.

3) MINOR POINTS: The first bubble doesn't look white, is it dirty white or is it another color (bley?)

Non-brick related advise:

1) "Young Ned is sleeping. He spent his afternoon to imagine his life when he will be older. Now, he is sleeping."

You said he is sleeping twice, maybe you could remove one of both to make it look more "pro".

2) Try to add more pictures, and change the first one into one like the second with a slight angle to right (like your current first), try to hide the large wall piece and do make sure you show all of their entire heads.

Of course it's a plastic one! :pir-tongue:

It's lego! :pir-laugh:

I meant if you was Ned Would the Sword be Real Or Fake.. :P

Now that's what I call a very creative entry! :pir_laugh2:

You did a great job with tiling the entry to make it really smooth, and I love how you did the little "thought bubbles". The furniture next to the bed is also beautiful and so is the platform on which the dream takes place. I think that your bed is stunning, especially with the effect of someone in it.

Some improvement ideas:

1) I agree with everyone that you probably should make that tan piece in the thought bubble white. I think it would be fine without a tile if you don't have an appropriate white one.

2) Zorro's idea with having even more piratey things on the floor is brilliant I think. A few ideas for things that you could put there are a hook, pegleg, gold coins, a headwrap and a pistol.

3) This is just an idea that I thought I would throw out there. Maybe you could have his mother looking down at all of his pirate things with a scared or concerned facial expression?

================================================================

Your entry is magnificent and certainly one of my favorite small ones up to this point.

Fantastic work and the best of luck to you! :pir-classic:

Thanks everybody !

I tried to listen your advises as far as I could.

Concerning the scary mum, I think that's a good idea but unfortunately I don't (yet) have this face.

Actually I got the Castle Advent Calendar, so technically I've got this face, but I promised to my girlfriend I don't begin to open the calendar before the 1st of December... :pir-cry_sad:

I hope you like it anyway !! :pir-blush:

Nice work!

The white bubble looks much better than the tan did.

I'm waiting until the 1st to open mine as well. :pir-classic: Only 1 more week!

I'm waiting until the 1st to open mine as well. :pir-classic: Only 1 more week!

I sympathize with you!!! :pir-tongue:

Given the number of jesters head I saw on the web, I fear that we are only two to keep it for the Advent period!!!! :pir-blush:

no we're three!!

Actually I got the Castle Advent Calendar, so technically I've got this face, but I promised to my girlfriend I don't begin to open the calendar before the 1st of December..

That's EXACTLY the same for me^^ my girlfriend offered me these 2 calendars, but she don't want me to open it before the 1st ^^ that's so .. cruel.. maybe I'll post her as a PTV entry ! XD

You made some great improvements, I like the use of the little white dot and the gold coins you put on the floor are a nice addition as well! I wish you the best of luck with this beautiful entry!

I presume this will be your final version?

Sadly, I don't have an advent calendar...(yet!) :pir-cry_sad: