• poor
    • below average
    • average
    • above average
    • outstanding

indexed.gif

Here's one of my more recent MOCs: Luke's X-34 landspeeder in Ep. IV

pict1450.jpg

I built it after persuading my brother to take his 10124 Wright Flyer off the shelf :tongue:

If anyone wants to comment or give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism please go ahead.

Brickshelf folder when public

A really nice moc :thumbup:

It is ment to be a UCS model, right?

I like the colour sheeme you used.

I never liked the sandred one used in 4501.

Likes the 7110 so much better.

A bit dusty, very much like the real model and accurate

detail as it has really been on Tatooine :tongue:

-Ras-

Ras sums it up pretty well.

A good job indeed. :thumbup:

This deserves a spot in our MOC index, which I'll give it in a day or two :vader:

Good job, but is there any way to do the windscreen differently(im not really digging this on)

But overall nice job and other than the windscreen it is very detailed

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Good job, but is there any way to do the windscreen differently(im not really digging this on)

But overall nice job and other than the windscreen it is very detailed

I have tried several different windscreens I own but none of them seem to work :cry_sad: I have thought about maybe using the ones from the newer speed racer sets but haven't bought any of them yet.

Looks very nice. :thumbup: However, it lacks a little bit of detail and there are some things that could be done to improve it and make it more accurate:

• What bothers me most is the front. It just looks like a couple of brown bricks sandwiched between the rounded plates. It would be good if you could replace those bricks with something that complements the round shape better. Perhaps you could use TLCs idea of using flex tubes to get that shape. And while you're at it, you could replace the brown bricks on the sides with the same grill-bricks that TLC used on their landspeeders, if you have enough.
  • The tan part of the speeder looks a little empty. Adding some greebs like a 1x2 grill tile in front of the left windshield and/or a round 1x1 plate somewhere around the middle on the right side might do the trick.
  • On the original, I believe one of the engines is missing a hull and therefore looks darker than the other two. If you have those turbine pieces in different colors, that should be an easy color swap.

Basically, I advice you to take another look at some reference pics and add some details. :wink:

Oky Wan: Now that you mention it, it does look a little plain. I'll look at adding some greebs sometime soon. I just got the visual guide to Star Wars and that has a couple good reference pics in it.

Indexed.

Thanks for sharing.

I hope we'll see something like this from TLG one day

This is a good custom landspeeder. The only thing I don't like about it is that you made it too long in the front.

Nice work, Ras Al Ghul. :classic: Perhaps you could add greebling to the front, and maybe even change the windshield? But I really like the engine choice. :thumbup:

That looks great!! But if it looks a bit small for a UCS... :wacko:

"UCS" doesn't just mean a large model. :wacko: Most UCS models are made to a certain scale, so smaller vehicle UCS's look small when compared to UCS's based on larger vehicles. His scale is actually pretty accurate.

Agreed.

Remember the UCS Naboo Starfighter?

It's a small UCS, in scale it's even smaller than this Landspeeder.