Captain Zuloo

Pirates of the Bermuda Triangle by Brian Darrow

I have to say ... WOOOOOOW ! he sure have a lot of cool parts, and the idea of time-travelling pirate to kill some paradisia stuff is really cool ! I'm jaleous of his imagination and bricks ^^ that's a really cool diorama!

is it me or are the ship close to the original Lego one? just with more realistic sails and ropes ? ( really really realistic sails and rope btw^^)

Edited by Guss

As much as I enjoy the small, detailed and well thought out MOC, I much prefer the large, detailed and well thought out MOC :pir_laugh2: This must be from an entirely MASSIVE collection!

What a totally wicked setup mate I can see i am going to like cruising this site if anything just for the wonderful MOC's that are being made!!The way you have done the waves rolling in looks excellent especially from a distance ,very cool indeed!The rigging and sails are really well done too as others have said also!!

How long did it take you to make by the way?

That's so awesome :pir-cry_happy:

The idea of time-travelling pirates, the beach himself, the ships and the RIGGING of all those ships are so realistic!!!

I especially like it because it's so huge, I've never seen a MOC of this size... really cool.

[is it me or are the ship close to the original Lego one? just with more realistic sails and ropes ? ( really really realistic sails and rope btw^^)

Thanks for the kind words. You have a good eye for classic pirates ships ... sailing out of the Bermuda triangle are the Skull's Eye Schooner, Renegade Runner, Red Beard Runner and my all time favorite the dreadful Black Seas Barracuda. I just couldn't bring myself to hang the standard sails on the ships since they'd be anchored, so I rigged them up.

How long did it take you to make by the way?

I worked a couple of weekends on the display. The ships rigging and sails took some time but it was one of the most enjoyable LEGO MOCs I've built. It took me back to my grade school days when I built a number of plastic sailing vessels and rigged them. LEGO is just too much fun!!!!

bjr2457

Hello bjr2457, and welcome to the forum. Let me just say how honoured I am to have such a quality builder amongst us. I just hope I got the stroy right on Classic-Pirates.com! :pir-blush:

I just hope I got the stroy right on Classic-Pirates.com! :pir-blush:

You got the story right on the mark. I envisioned these pirates getting sucked into the Bermuda Triangle hundreds of years ago only to find themselves sailing out into the modern world. They liked the look of this South Florida beach so they row ashore for a little afternoon looting and pillaging. Most of the beach vacationers are running for the lives, but right in the middle one woman has stopped to snap a few pictures with her new digital camera.

:pir-oh: :pir-oh: :pir-oh: He has one pile of pirates and rowboats. Edited by Broadside

how did he get the raised sails? since the shot is farther away, i cant see it very well.....very good job! i love it!

how did he get the raised sails? since the shot is farther away, i cant see it very well.....very good job! i love it!

The sails are non-LEGO cloth tied up with non-LEGO string. I'm usually a purist when it comes to my MOCs but this time I was going for the overall look and feel of a fully rigged ship. It just couldn't be done without using supplimentary stuff.

Here's a link to a close up of the raised sails from my brickshelf gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3796447

Brian

I've seen this creation before a number of times. The layout is spactacular. The beach and the trees are my favorite part. The scale you used works very well. I have been working on a large project for some time now and I have often drawn inspiration from this scene. Truelly fantastic. Glad you have joined the group. I hope you come back often. :thumbup:

Outstanding work, I really like this scene! You have a lot of rowboats and baseplates... and a nice flotilla of pirate ships! Glad that you could join us, you'll make a great addition to our team!