Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Sword Ragnarok

TLC sets VS MOC's

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would your opinion on a TLC set be different if it was a MOC? (read below before voting)

• Yes
    • No
    • Who it comes from doesn't matter to me, we're all Lego builders!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

MODS/ADMINS: If this does not belong here, please PM me/lock/move the topic. Thanks!

I've been thinking about a lot of opinions on the new SW sets and even the '08 sets. I was wondering why everyone is so harsh on TLC sets. Is it because we expect too much?

Everyone bagged on the Twilight (clunkadunk) before it came out. I've seen first hand the design and creativity of the thing. Everyone is so critical on TLC's stuff, but I've noticed that we are much less harsh on MOC's.

What I want to know is, if it were a MOC and not a TLC set, would your opinion be different? (By this I mean any SW set) I'm curious as to what people's opinions are.

DSR

Well, it really depends on the builder. TLC sets are payed to look good and are made by a professional. A MOC however, is made by someone who may not have a lot experience and is not being payed to make it, so I'd be lighter on the criticism.

:classic:

To be honest, it depends all of the builder :thumbup: . The sets created by the TLC are in my opinion fantastic and I think they are not that easy to design (Cause I tried to build some ships and they don

Edited by darkrebellion

I chose the third option, but the TLC sets provide us with bricks neccesary and gives us the different techniques oh how to build it. from those techniques, we can improve and make our own MOC. From those mocs, The Lego company knows where to improve and what everyone likes. So it is mostly give and take :classic:

I think this´re two pretty different things. A creation by TLC is first and foremost a product... a result of a long

developing process with many aspects... A MOC´s much more a personal expression with different

limitations and therefor not really well comparable to an official LEGO set when it comes to criticism.

Well LEGO makes a living making the stuff, so yeah I beleive they should do good job

But a MOCer on the other hand uses it like a hobby, and probably has a fraction of the resources LEGO has.

to me it doesnt matter for as long as your having fun building it. i wouldnt care what people think of my creations.

No, not really. IF a MOC is good enough to be a Lego set, it's good enough for me. If an official Lego set fails in my book, it fails. End of story. It doesn't really matter who made it, what matters (not to sound harsh), what matters (to me) is that it's good enough to buy, and (TLG) that they make good profits off of the set. :classic:

I think there is a difference between TLC builders and MOC'ers. I do think a lot of people expect too much from the Lego Company. For example, if I worked for the Lego Company and made a new version of Jango Fett, everyone would criticize on how bad of a job TLC did on it. But if I made it as a MOC'er, people would look at it differently and not be as harsh and cruel. But everyone has different opinions on this.