Very devious :pir-devil:

It could be a bit bigger however

I love the use of a walrus :monkey:

Great entry

Infomaniac

thanks infomaniac !

couldn't do it bigger not enuff bricks,ya know :pir-sweet:

My opinion:

Nice! The first entry I see some raping in, if that is supposed to be raping at least... :pir-blush:

Possible improvements:

1) The bloodstream could be done a bit better.

2) Although it is out of its place, I find the walruss a nice addition! Some people however might not.

3) Some more details could be added, like plumes for some hats, some lobsters or other beach creatures and even more plants.

4) Don't you own a single boat? Since I would add at least one.

Non-brick related advise:

1) Your pics are kinda big, I suppose you used too many dots per inch since your pixels are ok.

2) Zoom in on the island with your first pic, much space is unused at this stage. Also know you may go up to 800x600 pixels, but try to do so with a smaller dots per inch rate.

Edited by zorro3999

hehe , I was wondering " what walrus are they talking about ? " I didn't noticed it :pir_laugh2:

that's a really great entry Al Freddo, I love everything in it!

but .. is Al Freddo at a different place on the first pics ? or Am I dreaming ? ^^

Anyway, great job , I wish you the best for the contest!

Great entry Al Freddo!

The SNOT is lovely and I also really like the leaf-covered huts. Lots of exciting action going on as well.

Some improvements you could make are:

1) There are a few spots in the sand area where it looks a bit bare. In these areas perhaps you could add some wildlife such as crabs or more plants to fill it up a bit and make it more exciting. You could also pile up some more dead bodies... :pir-devil:

2) It might be cool to add a fire pit in the lower right corner. You could make a ring of rocks with some "embers" and "logs" inside.

3) The stream of blood looks a bit unnatural, as it is perfectly straight. I feel it would be much better if it was more uneven.

4) I agree with Zorro that the first picture could be zoomed in a bit more.

5) Adding a small boat in the water would look nice I think.

===========================================================================

Very good job!

I think with a few additions to fill up the entry a bit more, it will be even better!

for real,thanks for da tips me friends i'm goone aply some of them soon!

Edited by AL FREDDO

3) The stream of blood looks a bit unnatural, as it is perfectly straight. I feel it would be much better if it was more uneven.

Well, to tell the truth, at the expense of the blood does not agree. :pir-sad2: The blood, so to speak "runs a short distance" land-based, I think it is unlikely to change as much for its form or direction, although in reality it would be the other way around, as you said, however - the blood came out good. :pir_laugh2: However, interesting as it looked blood red, but semi-transparent parts? :pir-sceptic: I believe that work just perfect, pridratsya not why. However, others may pridratsya, such as sand, which is not quite like this, and so forth, I think work just perfect, just shikarno. No words!!! :jollyroger:

Poor islanders - but I'm on the pirates team so they are really not that poor. Nice and bloody. Just what the contest is about

I very much like your blood in you SNOTbased MOC. The effect in the water is really nice.

The huts are brilliant. Very islanders-ish.

The cliff very wellmade. Especially the cave.

The islander on top of the mountian. How evill to attack the pirates in the back.

Possible improvements

When the pirates have killed plundered and stolen how will they got of the island? I'd put in a boat somewhere.

A small fire for the islanders to cook. And a big one that is the remainings of a hut that the pirates have burned :pir-skull:

If the chief (the one with the funk hat/mask) is supposed to be dead I think he should be covered in blood. At least some blood beneath him.

On your pictures it looks like this is all the island. I think it would be wierd to settle down and build huts (and of what??) on such a small island. So if you can, make a picture showing a big jungle or whatever behind the island. Will make it more realistic. This is a minor thing though..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck with the contest.

thanks for the apreciattion and tips!!!thank you very much! :pir-classic:

oDDerFisken,you reallyyyy mentioned all the bits i wasn´t that happy with...

gotta do something about it for shure

Opinion

To start off my review, I like how you put your MOC description into a little scribe. The big fight that is going on the beach looks very intense. My favorite part in your MOC is cave. This is because you have put little slanted tiles on the gray pieces to make it look nicer. Another thing that I like is that little entrance to the cave that the pirates are using to steal the Islanders treasure. The little Islander huts that you made are very nice. And how you made them out of green pieces to make it look like leafs.

Possible Improvements

1) I would add some gold coins into your MOC because all you have is gold crystals and plates

2) I would use transparent red pieces for the blood stream because it looks better than plain red.

3) The beach looks a bit empty. Add some crabs or crocodiles.

4) You could possibly add a shark’s fin sticking out of the water.

Non-Brick Related

1) I agree with Zorro3999 and Erdbeereis1, zoom in on the first picture since that is the most important one.

Overall- You have done a great job on creating your MOC, especially with the smoothness. I like the walrus that is swimming in the water. Some minor improvements to fix, but other than that, it is great. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Possible Improvements

1) I would add some gold coins into your MOC because all you have is gold crystals and plates

2) I would use transparent red pieces for the blood stream because it looks better than plain red.

3) The beach looks a bit empty. Add some crabs or crocodiles.

4) You could possibly add a shark’s fin sticking out of the water.

Non-Brick Related

1) I agree with Zorro3999 and Erdbeereis1, zoom in on the first picture since that is the most important one.

Overall- You have done a great job on creating your MOC, especially with the smoothness. I like the walrus that is swimming in the water. Some minor improvements to fix, but other than that, it is great. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

thanks a lot lego king!

answering now...

1)i didn't want to put coins in it causei thought the treasure shoud be about artfacts and stuff

2)i thought about the transparent issue but no transparent slopes on my collection just 2 1x1

2)you're definitly right

4)but then the walrus would be in danger and i allways had simpathy for fabuland figs

but i will definitly make some upgrades,but i gotta have a conversation with my girlfriend,so i can have mopre mocing time... :pir-grin: :pir-grin:

thanks a lot

Edited by AL FREDDO

thanks a lot lego king!

answering now...

1)i didn't want to put coins in it causei thought the treasure shoud be about artfacts and stuff

2)i thought about the transparent issue but no transparent slopes on my collection just 2 1x1

2)you're definitly right

4)but then the walrus would be in danger and i allways had simpathy for fabuland figs

but i will definitly make some upgrades,but i gotta have a conversation with my girlfriend,so i can have mopre mocing time... :pir-grin: :pir-grin:

thanks a lot

Your welcome AL FREDDO. I hope my feedback helps you.

LegoKing

f'real,LegoKing i'm gonna get new pictures with the updates i made(thanks to y'all...)on this weekend...

stay tuned folks! :pir-classic:

al_freddo_pirates_eb.jpg

Edited by AL FREDDO

I love this entry... it's very crisp and clean-looking, and the shape of the island is cleverly done.

The huts especially are cute :wub: I want to see a whole Islander mini-island filled with them!

I like how you did the blood on the villegers bodies.the whole set war great but it could use more huts.If there were a small boat for the pirates it would be and a few more huts it would be perfect.ill give it a solid 4 and a half out of 5.

I like how you did the blood on the villegers bodies.the whole set war great but it could use more huts.If there were a small boat for the pirates it would be and a few more huts it would be perfect.ill give it a solid 4 and a half out of 5.