What do you like best?

Which do you like the best  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your favourite LEGO Star Wars subtheme

• Original Trilogy (EP4+5+6)
    • Clone Wars Animated
    • Expanded Universe
    • Prequel Trilogy (EP1+2+3)

Just would like to know which one of these is the most popular of them all in the lego world?

I would put up a poll but i dont really know how to.

p.s. please read before you vote!

Edited by Dark Brickz

I like the best the OT but I think this topic donĀ“t belongs this forum but to the "Culture and Mutlimedia" one. If the topic is about the actual lego set than it will belong here.

Yeah its about lego sets im a big legacy fan. So i would like to see some sets in the up coming years from legacy so many sith. It would be great to have a sith army and cade skywalker as lego sets.

But then if this is about from which area of the SW universe do you like your lego sets oriented be? than this belongs here :wink: .

EDIT: Sorry, after all this is about the movies so this maybe will be close.

Edited by darkrebellion

I probobly favor PT just because I think that it can be expanded on it more with all the jedi and the senate and although the sith is smaller the republic makes up for it in my opinion. I still however have OT sets and like them just as much. EU, never really been a fan, sorry.

I'm confused. :look: Is this thread asking which stories we like best, or which Lego sets? If it's the latter, I'm even more confused, because there isn't really any EU set, except for the Rogue Shadow maybe. :sceptic: However, if it's the first choice, this thread clearly doesn't belong into this forum. In that case, do you want me to make a poll about this in the right forum, Dark Brickz?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I am clearly an Original Trilogy fan.

I can live with the Clone Wars animated style and even the EP I-II-III are acceptable, except for JarJar Binks :angry:

But for the heck of it, I can't see why Expanded Universe ever was invented.

In my opinion the sets are non-Star Wars oriented.

C'mon people a Tie Crawler and some black spaceship called Rogue Shadow doesn't have diddely-squid to do with the great Star Wars universe. It's a crappy spin-off that mocks the Original Story.

I'll add a poll for this. :sweet:

I am clearly an Original Trilogy fan.

I can live with the Clone Wars animated style and even the EP I-II-III are acceptable, except for JarJar Binks :angry:

But for the heck of it, I can't see why Expanded Universe ever was invented.

In my opinion the sets are non-Star Wars oriented.

C'mon people a Tie Crawler and some black spaceship called Rogue Shadow doesn't have diddely-squid to do with the great Star Wars universe. It's a crappy spin-off that mocks the Original Story.

I'll add a poll for this. :sweet:

YES! *Gives high five*, OT FTW! :thumbup::vader:

I know Im a cloneaholic, clone fan whatever...but I REALLLY LIKE The Empire & Rebel ships and stuff....so yea OT gets my vote! :vader:

Second would be Ep 3 or CW... I just like the CW Clone troopers :blush:

I'm a clone fanatic so PT WOOH FTW! It's great with all the large scale battles and CGI animation.

However, you gotta love the OT for the story and afterall, it's what started it all off!

When it comes to EU, I have certain limits, like I accept the Force Unleashed as part of the Saga, and certain other things like Labrynth of Evil and The Clone Wars, but it doesn't go much further than the time span of the films. The EU sets were :sick: ! That being said, TLC did the best they could with that crappy looking Rogue Shadow and the flying hunkajunk called the Twilight... :laugh:

well i like EU cause there's alot more spaceships there and theres possiblity to make some new vehicles and alot new characters. mostly cause of the vehicles im tired of tlc making the same old ships over and over again.

Obviously, this topic is here to stay, so my vote goes to PT. The ships are good, the figs are great, and i just like the PT in general best, although OT is growing on me. :blush: The CW sets are good, but the figs are crap. :sick: I could care less about EU, but if they do a Darth Nihilus ship, well... let's just consider that one less of that set on the first day. :grin:

I am mostly a vlone wars fan :sweet: But I like the Eu too but only because Jedi were allowed to use the dark side of the force too.

its about what lego sets you like from the trilogies or eu.

Hm, I see... Well, it's hard to not have your judgment influenced by which trilogy or EU you like best, but I think I'll vote for Clone Wars sets. Sure, I like the PT and CW in general better than OT or EU, but the CW has also given us the best sets. They are usually more detailed and have more playability. And although some may not like their cartoonish style, the CW minifigs are much more accurate to their originals than minifigs from the other subthemes because they are much less a caricature of their originals. And best of all: All CW sets are minifig scale! Many OT sets, especially the latest ones, are UCS. I like UCS sets - but only to look at them. They are fragile, have almost no playability, and have a pretty monotone build and piece selection most of the time. Most of the minifig scale OT sets are the ones made in the first waves of Lego SW, back when sets weren't designed all that well. These are the reasons why I don't like the OT sets. I can't say much about EU sets since we have only had one so far - the Rogue Shadow. In general, I'm not a big fan of EU because most of the time (especially anything that happens outside the time frame of the movies) it just doesn't feel quite like SW to me somehow.

...but the CW has also given us the best sets...

And just what sets are those?

The AT-AT? - no

The RGS? - no

The AT-TE? -no

Then what?

The Twilight :sick:

The Droid Gunship :hmpf:

Sheesh :hmpf: Clone Wars :tongue:

When he says the best sets he means in terms of design and playability! :tongue: But they could have been much better if they included more clones. Anyway KimT, you are thinking of the Phase 1 clones arent you? But he is talking about the clone wars that happens to include episode 3 which gave us the first 2 battle packs! :classic:

SNIP

Well excuuuuse me for having an opinion! :hmpf_bad:

Why do you say "no" to the RGS? It has been voted the best SW set of the year by EBers in numerous polls and voted to be outstanding in all reviews!

Besides the RGS, there is also the RFT and the HSD, both of which are awesome sets too!

And the upcoming clone BP must be one of the most anticipated sets ever!

Besides, what is better than these sets in your opinion, huh?

The numerous re-re-re-re-releases of Rebel Aliance fighters? No.

The army of different black and blue TIEs? No.

The incredibly expensive and useless UCS sets? No.

The DS playset? Perhaps. But whoop-dee-doo - it's just one set that most people can't even afford.

In your face! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Seriously, though, you might be right - I probably let my affection for the Clone Wars cloud my judgment of the sets after all...

But I would still vote for the CW sets, if not for the PT sets. So you can't change my mind anyway. :wink:

When he says the best sets he means in terms of design and playability! :tongue:

Exactly. I mean, come on, even Anakin's little JSF has more playability than any JSF before it!

Anyway KimT, you are thinking of the Phase 1 clones arent you? But he is talking about the clone wars that happens to include episode 3 which gave us the first 2 battle packs! :classic:

Right again. Even though S@H categorized the first BPs as Ep. 3 sets, they are clearly not from the movie, but from the CW!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well excuuuuse me for having an opinion! :hmpf_bad:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry I just had to do it.

I mean you no harm.

But I still think the original AT-TE and RGS are waaaay better than the animated CW versions :grin: