cagri

Space Police 2009!

So pessimistic! I'm hoping we won't have to have that contest. Right? Right...? :cry_sad:

Hopefully, but even if the aesthetics are acceptable, I don't doubt somebody here will be able to come up with something better.

It looks like all the bad-guy aliens are woking together though based on the infomation we have recieved, so its likley the bad-guys will just have one colour scheme.

The information you've received is set names and possible release dates.

Hopefully, but even if the aesthetics are acceptable, I don't doubt somebody here will be able to come up with something better.

Even if that "something better" wouldn't fit into TLC's budget - most of the really good Space MOCs use about 5 billion pieces, or use parts that LEGO wouldn't even dare bring up in sets. But you are right, even if someone were to build something out of the part range LEGO would choose from (or even from the pieces of one of the new sets), they could probably come up with something truly unique.

I doubt Squidmans head would be the same as Squidwards, his doesn't even look-squidish!

Wanna bet?

I doubt Squidmans head would be the same as Squidwards, his doesn't even look-squidish!
I guess you´re right.

I also guess that the bad guys will be really great alien looking minifigs with new molds. Maybe even some having four arms.

I guess snefroe will be at least ½-way pleased.

CopMike

I also guess that the bad guys will be really great alien looking minifigs with new molds. Maybe even some having four arms.

Space Police, just got a whole lot cooler.

I guess you´re right.

I guess snefroe will be at least ½-way pleased.

CopMike

hmmmm... "you guess..." hmmmm.... yeah... right.... :hmpf_bad: it seems to me you're sitting on some information you're not willing to share with us... "i'll be at least 1/2 way pleased"? hmmm... so it's gotta be more than just nice figs... like... let's say... great , detailed BIG space ships with really cool cockpits, great colors, great parts... or... let's say... way, way, way, way better than sw and lightyears ahead of city? would... would that fit your description, my dear amb? :tongue:

At long last, I'm happy to share the first look at Space Police III! I was at LEGOLAND today and they had a banner up in the store so I thought I'd snap off a few pictures to share my excitement with everyone here.

01-10-09_1210.jpg

01-10-09_1211.jpg

01-10-09_1212.jpg

01-10-09_1213.jpg

01-10-09_1214.jpg

01-10-09_1215.jpg

01-10-09_1216.jpg

Sorry if they're low quality, they're the best my cell phone could do and it was all I had on me at the time. I hope you enjoy them. Basically, what you're looking at is the banner which features the logo, a wanted poster of one of the new baddies at the bottom, and to the right a chase scene in progress. I tried to get close ups of the ships for you. I might be heading back in a few days, and if I do, I'll take the real camera.

Enjoy!

- Wes

Finally i go to this topic and theres pictures :tongue:

I really like the look of that squid guy and his head seems to be two pieces so it will be a little more useful

sadly though the ships in these pics look kinda <insert that tiresome argument> but i do like the design.

Thank you for finally supplying us with pics

Thank you for finally supplying us with pics

I've been waiting along with everyone else, so I was glad I could find them and share them in a legal fashion!

Ooooooh awesome. The baddie looks great.

Not sure about the others. The car is alright. I think I need to see more sets before I judge it, but I'm sure I'll love it.

Thanks for the pics! That theme is looking great! Love the look of the badguy, that helmet will come in great use. The theme is look awesomely a homage, blending modern building techniques with old school space with retro design in case of the baddies. If these turn out great I'm buying then all!

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go inform KDog to his hopeful delight :grin:

Batbrick is Back! :devil:

Love the look of the badguy, that helmet will come in great use. The theme is look awesomely a homage, blending modern building techniques with old school space with retro design in case of the baddies. If these turn out great I'm buying then all!

Yep, I thought the same thing. It was everything I was hoping for (so far.) I'll definitely be getting every single on of this series.

Is that...

...a megablocking SPACE HOTROD?!

HOLY TAFT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, if you can't tell in the photos, it's got some scrapes and skull logos on it in red as well as the big hotrod engine piece on the hood and some big spoiler fins all over it. I'm assuming that villain in the picture is the Squidman and that is his car making its escape.

By the way, the poster says "Coming Summer 2009"

That hotrod looks smokin'. Can't wait. Although I don't really care for the police vehicle. Too normal and earth-like.

Okay, under closer examination I've decided that this is a VERY promising taste of the new Space Police.

1- The thing that sticks out to me most is the new logo. It's an awesome blend of badass, retro Space, and new shiny. Love it.

2- Another thing that immediately caught my attention was the design. The alien hotrod looked REALLY well realized, with some great aesthetics and the concept is just so cool... also, that Space Police fighter looks great. Not too many gimmicks, and awesome design. Love it.

3- The aliens look great. I still prefer UFO but this is awesome.

4- The colors are acceptable! This is what I expected; not too original, but I'm perfectly fine with them.

5- The gimmicks we all knew would appear seem pretty well integrated, even though I still wish they had abandoned the idea altogether.

All in all I can't think of a negative thing. Two thumbs up from me!

The only thing that was, in my mind, unfortunately absent from the banner is the actual Space Police minifigures. I was really hoping to get a good look at them.

At long last, I'm happy to share the first look at Space Police III! I was at LEGOLAND today and they had a banner up in the store so I thought I'd snap off a few pictures to share my excitement with everyone here.

*snip*

Sorry if they're low quality, they're the best my cell phone could do and it was all I had on me at the time. I hope you enjoy them. Basically, what you're looking at is the banner which features the logo, a wanted poster of one of the new baddies at the bottom, and to the right a chase scene in progress. I tried to get close ups of the ships for you. I might be heading back in a few days, and if I do, I'll take the real camera.

Enjoy!

- Wes

Sweet bricks, that is win! From the looks of it, this line seems to be blending classic space elements with a more retro 60's sci fi atmosphere, complete with cool villians and a space convertable! I'm especially glad that they've kept the original name instead of going with Galaxy Patrol - very nice move. :thumbup:

Not really enough there to do much other than tantalise, but so far it certainly looks better than Mars Mission at least. I shall have to hold out on judgement entirely though - the space police ship doesn't entirely seem that cool of a colour scheme - a bit like Exploriens but with more distracting details in other colours. But it is kind of "police-like", so if the various ship designs are well done and make the most of the colours, it could be great.

The fist thing that came to my mind was: "OMG! Is that a trans-darkblue canopy i see there!?". I was actually expecting trans-orange canopies... The only way they could top this, if you ask me, would be with trans-yellow canopies...

Edited by Mirandir

I definitely like the color schemes here. They are essentially the same as the Futuron/Exploriens and Ogel colors.

It's hard to make out much more though. The main problem I had with the MM/aliens is that many of the sets felt hollow and empty, with little in the way of an interior. I can't really tell if these new lines have done anything to address that. At least that SP ship's cockpit looks sizeable and the guy seems to be able to sit upright. The space hot rod is a great concept as well. :thumbup:

Edited by CP5670