Sign in to follow this  
Duck

Which Set is this Part From?

Arr, I remember buying this set mainly because of that boat! It's always great to have more diversity to your boats. Plus you can use that statue for some Islanders stuff. It's a very useful set for Pirate fans, If you can get it I suggest you do!

Arr, I remember buying this set mainly because of that boat! It's always great to have more diversity to your boats. Plus you can use that statue for some Islanders stuff. It's a very useful set for Pirate fans, If you can get it I suggest you do!

I want to buy this set because of my childhood memories. I really liked Orient Expedition sets,but somehow i missed this one. I guess i got the boat from my cousin. I found this set MISB for 20$. Should i buy it?

Check price at BL. The set has a crocodile, an Inca hat and a nice little steamboat with nice equipment. I guess price is ok. Not cheap but ok.

Apart from that one, the Orient Expedition also had the Emperor's Ship, another very useful set for Pirate fans and a perfect base to build a smaller ship for your fleet. In fact, when it was still in the shops, this was the first new LEGO set that I had bought in a long while. Some time later I also got the jungle river to get that grey boat.

If you mean red over brown, then it's from set 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner.

Nope. I have a couple of those too. It most definitely is reddish brown on reddish brown.

Now that I've looked at it again and compaired it with known "only comes in reddish brown" parts, I think that its just in REALLY good shape and colour!!

Edited by redtrooper27

So it's not in reddish brown after all, just old brown? Well if that is the case, then it kind of sucks... pirate_classic.gif Theoretically, this hull piece is not available in reddish brown.

Why theoretically? Well, this preliminary picture shows that at one point the Viking ship was supposed to use the old version of the LEGO Pirates hull in what seems to be (light?) grey top and reddish brown bottom (after all, Vikings were released in the bley/reddish brown era). The final version has a completely different hull obviously, but who knows? Perhaps a reddish brown version of that hull made specifically for that prototype exists somewhere in the LEGO headquarters. pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Dreamweb