Oky

Star Wars

Sorry to revive this thread, but it seemed like the appropriate place for this news.

"Lucas Announces Star Wars is coming to blu ray. All six movies are being released on Blu-ray and that the set is coming out Fall 2011"

article: http://bluray.ign.com/articles/111/1112481p1.html

I for one am excited. However, I bet they will cost quite a bit.

That's quite interesting, I MIGHT buy them on bluray (already have the 04 DVDs) but it depends on the special features and how good the film looks (The 04 DVDs had this weird blue tint to them and some of the changes were pretty ugh,)

Also the deleted scene mentioned in the article:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ0E7HbTKc

Im pretty psyched for them to put them on blu ray. I like them adding scenes into the movies as long as they still have the original readily available and dont cut any of the original scenes out of the movie. I think the new scenes are cool because they add just that bit extra. I just hope they arent expensive.

Oh trust me it will be worth it, i know for a fact they look incredible, you will notice thing you have not seen before, the detail on the planets, on the droids, hell you can even see the sweet on their faces.

The space battle at the start of 3, and the battle at the end between Vader and Obi is something you have to see in HD.

Oh trust me it will be worth it, i know for a fact they look incredible, you will notice thing you have not seen before, the detail on the planets, on the droids, hell you can even see the sweet on their faces.

The space battle at the start of 3, and the battle at the end between Vader and Obi is something you have to see in HD.

Oh yeah? What's that? Unfortunatly, I likely won't be able to get these- I don't want to spend money on a blue ray player.

Well i have HDTV rips, and they are incredible, blu-ray isnt that expensive these days, they have come down in price.

IGN has their top 100 SW characters up:Link

Number 1 is obvious once you find out who it is but not so much going in. I won't spoil it but enjoy.

Still no news about the live-action series? There's suprisingly little info on something that was supposed to air this year.

How about that Seth Green comedy series?

Still no news about the live-action series? There's suprisingly little info on something that was supposed to air this year.

Here's a very very recent article (earlier today) on Seth Green's show: Star Wars meets Spongebob?

Thanks Forresto, even though that article doesn't reveal much anything new. Comparing the show with SpongeBob and Super Hero Squad Show doesn't exactly add credibility to their statement "We don't want to make a bad show", but I'll stay faithful for now. :tongue:

It depends what kinda Spongebob it is. Nowadays spongebob is pretty crap but the early 2000s was quite funny and very whitty at times. I just hope they dont keep a main character, I wouldnt want it to end up like the clone wars.

Celebration V looked like so much fun I wouldve loved to go. All the pictures and videos are just really fun to watch and I really do hope they do something like this again in the future but with Mark, Carrie and Harrison all there with George.

The IGN top 100 is good but its quite cliche. The number 1 is really obvious I looked over him because I thought they would choose more of a cult favourite instead.

Its not out this year any more, it currently has a floating release date of 2011 - 2013, he too busy sorting scripts, working on CW, TFU2, and blu-ray of the movies.

You mean that 2min long show with grown men playing with gi joe action figures.

Has it been confirmed that it's just 2 mins long and uses the same animation technique as Robot Chicken or are you being stupid cynic again?

The IGN top 100 is good but its quite cliche. The number 1 is really obvious I looked over him because I thought they would choose more of a cult favourite instead.

That list was total BS. They just randomly picked characters out of the blue for the upper numbers. Some of them were just briefly shown, like Jabba's pet thingy.

Im pretty psyched for them to put them on blu ray. I like them adding scenes into the movies as long as they still have the original readily available and dont cut any of the original scenes out of the movie. I think the new scenes are cool because they add just that bit extra. I just hope they arent expensive.

Lucas said that the blurays will only be the special edition versions, which kind of sucks. But I can't wait for it. 2011 will be the year I buy a bluray player.

Lucas said that the blurays will only be the special edition versions, which kind of sucks. But I can't wait for it. 2011 will be the year I buy a bluray player.

Damn. Oh well i have them on dvd anyway :sweet:

I'm glad the blu ray finally has a date on it. I've been watching

for a year now just waiting. Just like I've been waiting for the real tv series, and the 3-D. It's good to know something other than TCW is happening.

Being as this is the general thread, I just wanted to ask a quick question. I was watching AotC the other day, and when Palpatine is droning on about needing an army of the Republic. Was there anything (besides Lucas) to stop all the thousands of systems in the Republic forming all their armies into a super army to stop the CIS?

Being as this is the general thread, I just wanted to ask a quick question. I was watching AotC the other day, and when Palpatine is droning on about needing an army of the Republic. Was there anything (besides Lucas) to stop all the thousands of systems in the Republic forming all their armies into a super army to stop the CIS?

Jar Jar's ote was one of the important votes in the sente vote for a greand army since he was represnting Naboo while Padme was gine. Palpatine swayed him to voteni favor and there's another reason Jar Jar is an antagonist.

Jar Jar's ote was one of the important votes in the sente vote for a greand army since he was represnting Naboo while Padme was gine. Palpatine swayed him to voteni favor and there's another reason Jar Jar is an antagonist.

No, I meant why did they have to use a limited Clone Army, when they could've used a massive army of Humans, Grans, Troydarians, Rodians, Wookies, Tw'liks, etc. That way their army wouldn't depend on one planet (Kamino), they could depend on hundereds. Plus the army would be bigger too.

I know it's probably just Lucas's meddling, but I was wondering if there was an in-universe reason for using clones instead. Not all those planets can be neutral, surely.

I think the reason for making a clone army instead of a multi species army, was so that when order 66 came along, there wouldn't be any doubt of squads not killing the jedi generals, but Palpatine could have just sold it to the senate as wanting there troops to look more imposing by being consistent, rather then a bunch of misfit aliens that would look more along the lines of the rebel alliance.

Not too mention Palpatine's hatred of any and all alien species.

Which is also why the Empire, and of course Palpatine as Emperor, is loathed so much.

Oh, I never new Palpatine was a racist. I thought what with Maul, and Mas Ameda (or whatever his aide was called), he would've mind them.

Well, he definatly made exceptions if they benefitted him. Thrawn for example- he was the only alien Grand Admiral, but that was because he was a military genious.